Suns @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
better make that 'plays.' This is where the inexperience shows of our team. Yeah, its frustrating, yeah, its ridiculous, but hey. Its going to be part of the rebuilding process. I like the heart and hustle they've shown so far.

I absolutely agree. Gotta love the effort.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Why did Brad Miller cave into the Suns' run-and-gun game and attempt 7 three pointers, not surprisingly only hitting one of them?

That's a recipe for disaster.
Brad Miller is as good a 3 pt shooter as anyone we have left (not injured). The defense was giving him the shot. He is supposed to take it. Also, there were a couple of times that he recognized that time was running out, so was forced to take the shot.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Brad Miller is as good a 3 pt shooter as anyone we have left (not injured). The defense was giving him the shot. He is supposed to take it. Also, there were a couple of times that he recognized that time was running out, so was forced to take the shot.

I know Jerry keeps on shoveling that stuff and obscuring the issue, but entirely apart from your seven foot weenie entirely taking himself out of the basketball game and all possible rebounding position to chuck up guard-shots, he's 10-41 on the season from three, which is less than 25% and a gigantic STOP sign to a smart basketball player.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I know Jerry keeps on shoveling that stuff and obscuring the issue, but entirely apart from your seven foot weenie entirely taking himself out of the basketball game and all possible rebounding position to chuck up guard-shots, he's 10-41 on the season from three, which is less than 25% and a gigantic STOP sign to a smart basketball player.

Well, obviously the Kings have stupid weenies for players.:rolleyes: We should all start following a different team. How about Boston? They're playing well.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well, obviously the Kings have stupid weenies for players.:rolleyes: We should all start following a different team. How about Boston? They're playing well.

Indeed.

Wonder how many three pointers Kendrick Perkins chucks up? (answer 0 btw, and KG, who has at least Brad's range, has taken 5 -- remarkable how they manage to win without their big men standing outside chucking up clunkers?)

But it should actually be the rah rah types jumping ship -- if the idea is to deny any and all flaws its much more reasonable to do it with a great team playing smart than a bad one playing like idiots.

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
rah rah types never jump ship, not if they are true blue fans and not bandwagoners. We can handle wins and losses because our attitude will still be, "rah rah" and not calling our own players weenies. To each his/her own.

Indeed.

Wonder how many three pointers Kendrick Perkins chucks up? (answer 0 btw, and KG, who has at least Brad's range, has taken 5 -- remarkable how they manage to win without their big men standing outside chucking up clunkers?)

But it should actually be the rah rah types jumping ship -- if the idea is to deny any and all flaws its much more reasonable to do it with a great team playing smart than a bad one playing like idiots.

I personally don't mind Brad taking 3's. 7 in a game is excessive when his shot is off but I think Brad from that corner would be a good way to use him for a couple shots a game. We aren't talking about anything more than a jumpshooter here so why not get him used to taking those shots.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Wasn't that Justin Williams blocking a shot by Amare Stoudamire? For the love of god, please give KT's minutes to Justin and/or Hawes. I can live with all young player mistakes.

Also, for all the good that Beno has brought to the lineup, his defense is just not very good. Wouldn't be such a big deal if we had a big guy that could make up for those mistakes, but we don't and it magnifies the defensive shortcomings of Udrih.

I wouldn't mind seeing Quincy hit some shots. I can live with the mistakes but dude, hit some shots. The bench unit really needs him to hit shots. Even if we were to run some plays for Hawes down low,( I can remember about 2 all year), there is no space as the defense is packed in tight.

I like how the Suns keep running out studs onto the floor even when they sub.....deep, deep team.

I personally don't mind Brad taking 3's. 7 in a game is excessive when his shot is off but I think Brad from that corner would be a good way to use him for a couple shots a game. We aren't talking about anything more than a jumpshooter here so why not get him used to taking those shots.
Few weeks back, David Thorpe had written an article analyzing Shaq in his younger days. Per him, the lack of any kind of jumpshot, made Shaq better, since it forced him to play near the basket. Same is true with DW now.

Brad having a decent mid range game is actually bad for the team, since this is not what we want the big man to do. Of course, whether he can play around the basket effectively for a full season is another matter.

Few weeks back, David Thorpe had written an article analyzing Shaq in his younger days. Per him, the lack of any kind of jumpshot, made Shaq better, since it forced him to play near the basket. Same is true with DW now.

Brad having a decent mid range game is actually bad for the team, since this is not what we want the big man to do. Of course, whether he can play around the basket effectively for a full season is another matter.
He can't play around the basket for any length of time period! That isn't a strength he litterally has zero post game. Ten years have shown us as much. Step number one is to use a player to his strengths and the only offensive strength he has is his ability to shoot and pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.