Straight up: Who do you want ?

Who do you want in the 1st round ?

• Total voters
If it were just about the first round, Sonics are the easy answer. Spurs will probably be waiting for the winner of the 3 vs. 6 round, though.

Instead of the Kings dropping down a spot in the seeds... Denver just has to win all of their remaining games and Seattle has to lose all of their remaining games and we will face them in the 1st round. Denver will lead their division and have the 3rd seed. Dallas will still be ahead of Sac and Seattle... Seattle will still be ahead of Sac... and Houston and Memph will still be behind Sac.... Then we can play Seattle in the first round without giving up a 50 win season! GO DENVER!!! BOO SEATTLE!

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
4cwebb said:
If it were just about the first round, Sonics are the easy answer. Spurs will probably be waiting for the winner of the 3 vs. 6 round, though.
You asume TD will be back AND effective for the Play offs... that is a BIG assumption!

HndsmCelt said:
You asume TD will be back AND effective for the Play offs... that is a BIG assumption!
Yah... ESPN was reporting that he may not even be back for the playoffs and if he is he wont be nearly effective especially on defense.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I honestly don't know which team would be better to face. I think a lot would depend on whether or not Brad is back, Rashard Lewis is back, etc.

I just am hoping for a smile or two from the basketball gods in the Kings' direction.

it doesn't matter to me, but i guess i'd have to lean towards the sonics since i don't think rashard is going to be fully healthy, and rad is out.

but bring either team on!

as most ppl here have said...deffinetly Seattle.
A)rad/lewis will probably be out
B)duncan will probably not be at an effective level
C)better chance for someone to upset the Suns of we play them later in the PO...

the only downfall is that Denver could very well beat SA in the first round, especially with duncan out...

i truly dont think this is our best year for a chance at the championship.,...i still hope and wish that we can do it, but i would not be at all suprised if we dont win it all...next years lookin good tho..well, not really, cuz denver will only be better with Voshon Lenard and Utah is gonna be REALLY good if they can stay healthy and Golden State is on an 8 game win steak, they're lookin scary in the rear view mirror in our division....but on we drive towards next year, and i pray we can have a big offseason and play amazingly all year next year...but this is not the thread for that talk...(even tho i just used it for it... :D )

Cheer up BobbyJfor3! It might not be the best year for a championship for King's, but that's exactly what everyone else is thinking - it's called flying under the radar. Those teams you named are doing well now, but many predicted that Minne, Rockets, and even the Lakers with Kobe would end up on top, or at least in the PO's (read Minne & Lakers). Certainly Sonics & Suns were not expected to do as well as they have.

I think we need to get to the second round, but there's something about that first round with our new squad is just giving me the heebie jeebies. Nothing about the play of the team, just the great 'unknowns'...like injuries and Brad, and have Thomas & Skinner ever played in a playoffs?

It's in that vein that I hope we play Sonics, but I also believe we can beat the Mavs (and believe it that the Mav's DO NOT want to meet Kings first round).

Too bad tanking games is unsportsman-like ... cause it is. ;p

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BLNINJA #81 said:
You know, what the hell does it matter? The goal is to win the title. You're going to have to play a powerhouse team to get there anyway.
Perhaops, but when you're not the best team its better to face as few of them as possible -- if you can tiptoe through drawing the weak sisters, then maybe the powerhouses knock each other off and you only have to play one of them rather than 2 or 3. We're pretty much a .500 team int he second half of this year with some significant problems -- we're not in world beating take-on-all-comers mode here.

Don't care. Like the saying goes, be careful what you ask for. We could get Sea and then in the first game of the other series Dirk breaks his hand or something.

Too many what ifs, too little time for a team like the Kings to be figuring out what the other guys are going to do when they themselves are still searching for answers.