Stephen A. Smith Commentary (on Peja/Toronto)

Bricklayer said:
Let the rebuilding begin... ;)

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
11.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.6 minutes
Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Incoming
Joey Graham
6-7 from Oklahoma State
No games yet played in 2004/05
Charlie Villanueva
6-11 from Connecticut
Channing Frye
6-11 from Arizona
Jamal Crawford
6-5 SG from Michigan
17.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 38.4 minutes
Change in team outlook: -13.7 ppg, -7.9 rpg, and +0.6 apg.

Toronto Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Joey Graham
6-7 from Oklahoma State
Charlie Villanueva
6-11 from Connecticut
Mike James
6-2 PG from Duquesne
12.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 25.6 minutes
Jalen Rose
6-8 SG from Michigan
18.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.6 apg in 33.5 minutes

Incoming
Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
20.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg in 38.4 minutes
Anfernee Hardaway
6-7 SG from Memphis
7.3 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 2.0 apg in 24.2 minutes
Change in team outlook: -3.5 ppg, +0.1 rpg, and -1.4 apg.

New York Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Channing Frye
6-11 from Arizona
Jamal Crawford
6-5 SG from Michigan
17.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 4.3 apg in 38.4 minutes
Anfernee Hardaway
6-7 SG from Memphis
7.3 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 2.0 apg in 24.2 minutes

Incoming
Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
11.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.6 minutes
Mike James
6-2 PG from Duquesne
12.4 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.9 apg in 25.6 minutes
Jalen Rose
6-8 SG from Michigan
18.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.6 apg in 33.5 minutes
Change in team outlook: +17.2 ppg, +7.8 rpg, and +0.8 apg.

Successful ScenarioDue to Sacramento, Toronto, and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento, Toronto, and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Holy... me likey. Of course, would look bad this year, and I don't even know who would start, but would be interesting a few years down the road.

Peja, KT, and Skinner for Bosh, J.Rose, and Woods

Peja, KT and Skinner for Bosh, J. Rose, and Woods... this would work salary wise... both teams would benifit from this trade...

Kings:
Bosh / Williamson
SAR/ J. Rose/ Garcia
Miller/ Woods/ Sampson
Wells/ Martin
Bibby/ Hart

Raptors:
Villenuava/ KT
Peja
Skinner
Graham
A. Williams

What's up with all the Toronto as a Serbian Rome crap from BSPN? If PEdja were to be traded to a Serbian enclave in US it would have to be:

Chicago
NY
Cleveland
LA

way, way before Toronto. Toronto?

why everybody want to trade peja?
he is the best player at sacramento with mike bibby
i dont believe he want to move to toronto(Canada)
nobody want to move there,
I believe he will stay, it just Stephen A. Smith opinion, nobody want to move to toronto!

As a canadian who gets lots and lots of Raptors coverage up here, i can officially tell all of you guys that Chris Bosh is untouchable and will not be traded. Granted Babcock has made some horrible trades/draftpicks but he has said time and time again that his plan is to rebuild the team around CB4 through the draft and future cap room. Kind of like what Charlotte is doing with Okafor.

If ever a Peja to TO trade would happen, don't count on getting Bosh in return. And that no matter how good Petrie is, and how pathetic Babcock is.

Last edited:
kingsofnba said:
Peja, KT and Skinner for Bosh, J. Rose, and Woods... this would work salary wise... both teams would benifit from this trade...

Kings:
Bosh / Williamson
SAR/ J. Rose/ Garcia
Miller/ Woods/ Sampson
Wells/ Martin
Bibby/ Hart

Raptors:
Villenuava/ KT
Peja
Skinner
Graham
A. Williams
That trade is so uneven that it might actually work with Babcock.

captain bill said:
Gives us a lineup of:
Bibby/Jaric
Crawford
SAR/Graham
Garnett/Villanueva
Frye/Corliss

Sure, we throw Frye to the wolves, but who cares. It's worth it. That team is insanely deep and talented, those young guys become all-stars and this is a 10 year dynasty in the making.
Why the hell would you put Corliss as a back-up center? And, you just said "Sure, we throw Frye to the wolves, but who cares", but you have him in our line-up?

Well he's right about the Serbs in Toronto beause whenever I go to a Kings Raps game, theres usually more Peja & Vlade fans then Raptor fans.
I really wouldn't mind Peja going to the Raptors, I would just get to see him play more.

It would be bad for kings loosing peja. he has been the best player so far this season for kings...Think our bench has been very bad, and bibby has played alot under his normal standard......

Peja is not a leader, so he cant show the way to others, but still without him, kings will loose one of the strongest weapons in nba....!!! He is not a player that can win games in one man shows like mcgrady or bryant...It seems alot of people on this site would wish that, but its not like that, its wrong to make him a player he isnt....But he makes it so much easier for other players to decide the game, alot easier if he is not there.........I would never trade him

So I think other kings players havent use this advantage until now this season, you can see that on this bad start..

Reef has been great so far too , hope he will keep that up. If our bench brings something evey game ( little like last game ) , and if bibby finds old form, which i know he will , kings will get alot of wins defenitely...

Defence is to be worried about...Its little better this year than last , cause of reef and bonzi...For sure our offence will begin to work and bring us in good place for playoffs...But without defence kings will not go far in playoffs even if they play great offence...Hope kings will show defence more and more through out the season.

Also think that its still begining of the season of 82 games, and many people are overreacting to this bad start !!! there are threads of firing the coach , trading our best players and so on.....Its pathetic!!!!

Kings has outstanding players!! Peja is ( with Allen ) the best shooter in the world,Bibby is one of the best PG , Miller is great center, bonzi has so many different skills, and reef is to me potentional , one of the best PF`s in nba....Not in his past years, he has been good, but not great...But i have a feeling that with these other good players he will be great!! And we have a potentionally good bench too!!

Untill now, bench hasnt worked at all, bibby is not him self, peja has long periods where he doesnt scores....Obviously, this team needs time!!!

Not threads to destroy something that hasnt even begun....When this team find identity , i dont believe there will be threads like this.... But if we keep play like now for 20 or more games ...than all this threads are more understandable...But now after only 6 games.....Its awfull

I was listening to the postgame show last night when I was leaving Arco and they said that the Kings are the only team that can offer Peja the most money. It doesn't matter if Toronto can offer him 11-12 million a year they cannot top what the Kings can offer since he is a veteran on the Kings team. Peja will take a pay cut if he decides to join another team because of the new agreement the players association made with the NBA.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Burrito06 said:
I was listening to the postgame show last night when I was leaving Arco and they said that the Kings are the only team that can offer Peja the most money. It doesn't matter if Toronto can offer him 11-12 million a year they cannot top what the Kings can offer since he is a veteran on the Kings team. Peja will take a pay cut if he decides to join another team because of the new agreement the players association made with the NBA.
I think what they were alluding to is that the Kings can offer him a contract that is 1 yr longer than anyone else, thus adding that 11 or 12 Million to the total contract.

emded0341 said:
It would be bad for kings loosing peja. he has been the best player so far this season for kings...Think our bench has been very bad, and bibby has played alot under his normal standard......

Peja is not a leader, so he cant show the way to others, but still without him, kings will loose one of the strongest weapons in nba....!!! He is not a player that can win games in one man shows like mcgrady or bryant...It seems alot of people on this site would wish that, but its not like that, its wrong to make him a player he isnt....But he makes it so much easier for other players to decide the game, alot easier if he is not there.........I would never trade him...

...Kings has outstanding players!! Peja is ( with Allen ) the best shooter in the world,Bibby is one of the best PG , Miller is great center, bonzi has so many different skills, and reef is to me potentional , one of the best PF`s in nba....Not in his past years, he has been good, but not great...But i have a feeling that with these other good players he will be great!! And we have a potentionally good bench too!!...
I agree with this. Without Peja's scoring ability this team would be sunk. We've got a lot of talented players, but most of them are very marginal, without a superstar to lead them and to compliment. Peja is probably our closest guy to that role, only insofar as the other guys can compliment his scoring. However, he lacks the skill to actually carry the team very far. If Peja walks, we will need to immediately fill the void he leaves with a superstar or we are going nowhere. Our starters are good, but without the go-to guy we will just be spinning our wheels. Look at games when Peja can't score-the team does nothing. He stepped up big time against Denver and we rolled them, because, for at least one game, he played the superstar and our other role players could play their roles. Unfortunately, Peja doesn't play this way consistently enough to make this team a real threat. If we could get a true superstar to go with Peja, the team would be insanely good, allowing Peja to take his shots without all the pressure. But until then, if it takes moving Peja to get the team to the next level, it must be done without hesitation.