Spurs-Sonics round 2

How did this thread turn into a spat b/w Sonics' fans and Kings' fans? Isn't the first round over? Isn't this the NBA forum where fans (of any team, presuming they follow the board rules) can talk about basketball currently being played since the Kings are now fishing?

Spurs outscoring Sonics by 11 in the second quarter, and that's without Manu scoring a single point. Big Shot Bob coming up huge for the Spurs (it's easy for me to dislike that guy, but hard for me not to acknowledge that he can play).

Game seven there's pressure on both teams. Team that can handle the pressure best tends to win. Home team has a distinct advantage obviously.

Hopefully Spurs will take care of business tonight. Frankly, as a Spurs' fan, I'd rather have Lewis getting more minutes than Daniels.

T

thesanityannex

i know manu's becoming quite a flopper but did anyone just see the eye gouge that the pigtailed thug just gave him?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
i know manu's becoming quite a flopper but did anyone just see the eye gouge that the pigtailed thug just gave him?
Actually, the one play most thought was flopping by Manu - the invisible shot to the mouth - actually turned out to be legitimate.

I cannot believe the punishment Ginobli has taken in this series. More and more I'm wishing I could see how he'd look in purple...

;)

Sonics down 2 with one minute left. Duncan has had a big 4th quarter, and Big Shot Bob has hit another three.

Manu earns a trip to the line with one minute left.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Heheheheheh. Jerome James has fouled out...

Am I the only one who wishes someone would hand him a garbage bag?

;)

Manu misses the first free throw. Sonics have been shooting threes going down this stretch...I guess if you're going to live by the three, you die by the three, one way or the other.

Collison with a tip-in. Sonics down 1 with 34 seconds left.

Hold the phones, people. Sonics lock down the Spurs on defense, Duncan misses a shot, Daniels secures the rebound and is fouled by the Spurs. Daniels heading to the line down 1. Misses the first (cough *choke* cough). Daniels makes the second. Tie game. 14 seconds left.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
0.5 seconds left. Spurs by two. Nate McMillian diagramming the play of his career... and Pop isn't just standing there. I have to think Popovich has the edge here.

Sonics need a Fisher-esque miracle at this point. Will they be able to get the ball to Allen here? He should be able to get a clean look as the Spurs won't want to foul.

Allen misses the last chance. Spurs hold on to win, and will probably get a day or two of extra rest (since I expect the Mavs to win game 6).

I'll be mailing James a dozen boxes of jumbo glad bags. :)

The Sonics sure put up a scrap though. Will be interesting to see what they look like next year.