Spurs-Sonics round 2

not saying we would win for sure but I've got to wonder how big an impact Vlad would of made had he not got hurt. His outside range has really gave the spurs problems this year. Fact is we are tied without one of our key bench players and won game 4 without our all-star. Tonight in game 5, we need to just stay with the spurs and keep it tight going into the final 5 minutes. Then their memories of last year could come back. I'm happy with two games no matter what, which is what I said we would get after game 1:)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Looks like it's gonna be an interesting game in San Antonio tonight.

8:04 left in the first quarter; Spurs lead 6-0. James with 2PF already - on the bench and not looking happy about it at all.

Parker and Manu have been EXPLOSIVE in the first few minutes. I sure would like to see Manu in a Kings uniform.

;)

Ginobli balling again. I'm so glad SA won, one more game and hopefully garbage bag will be done. Not according to TNT, they predict game 7 so it's over.

SA doesnt look so dominant to me... I thought their #1 defense that all the anylists have been talking about would shut down Seattle and be a blow out most games like in the Det-Ind series. I think seattle will take this to 7 and I think they also have a good shot at winning game 7 but surely not the next series against the suns.

What's the deal with SA's FT's? I know they missed a lot in at least 2 games. They weren't that bad all season were they? it's hard to believe a team that good can miss the easy shots. if they don't get better, Suns will kill them.

Bibby_10 said:
Suns will fall apart against the Spurs. Seems like everytime a team plays tough defense against them they lose. Spurs will be WCC.
Spurs are having problem seeing us off without our all-star and one of our key bench players. Yet the Suns will suddenly fall apart if they meet the spurs? not going to happen.

Bibby_10 said:
Suns will fall apart against the Spurs. Seems like everytime a team plays tough defense against them they lose. Spurs will be WCC.

I don't think that will happen. Suns going to do it. Spurs just aren't playing THAT great. nerves may get the Suns for a game but after that they'll be OK.

seattle is putting up a better fight than what i had expected, but don't get carried away. you were one tim duncan hook shot away from being swept. game 4 was your clear winner, but you got smoked in games 1,2 and 5.

i like antonio daniels, he's filled in really nicely for lewis. but you have no answer for mannnnnnnnuuuuuu and he's killing the sonics.

jeffjcalweb said:
seattle is putting up a better fight than what i had expected, but don't get carried away. you were one tim duncan hook shot away from being swept. game 4 was your clear winner, but you got smoked in games 1,2 and 5.

i like antonio daniels, he's filled in really nicely for lewis. but you have no answer for mannnnnnnnuuuuuu and he's killing the sonics.
Fact is he missed It so why bother mentioning It? we missed quite a few easy shots in the lane throughout the game. Not worth mentioning. Yes Manu has been tough to guard but when you have tim duncan getting all the attention it's easier to score.

hopfully Lew plays tonight...win or go home.

lets see if S.A can handle the pressure if it goes to game 7

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ray Allen34 said:
Fact is he missed It so why bother mentioning It? we missed quite a few easy shots in the lane throughout the game. Not worth mentioning. Yes Manu has been tough to guard but when you have tim duncan getting all the attention it's easier to score.

hopfully Lew plays tonight...win or go home.

lets see if S.A can handle the pressure if it goes to game 7
Gotta like your blind homerism... ;) Been there, done that.

Just so you know? IF it gets to game 7, pretty much all the pressure is gonna be on Seattle.

Spurs / Sonics - game 6

No Lewis again tonight for the Sonics, but they've gotten off to a good start. Currently up 14 - 8 halfway through the first quarter. Allen and Daniels leading the charge.

Sprained big toe really hampering the Sonics --- series would probably be even more competitive with Lewis playing (although not playing the way he did against the Kings).

VF21 said:
Gotta like your blind homerism... ;) Been there, done that.

Just so you know? IF it gets to game 7, pretty much all the pressure is gonna be on Seattle.
How on earth did you fiqure that out? we aren't expected to win, they are the so called title favourites, we are without two main players. so How on earth would we have any pressure?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, you aren't going to have any pressure... :rolleyes:

Sorry if I dared to express an opinion that didn't simply bow down at the feet of your Sonics.

Whatever, dude. I've honestly grown weary of discussing the series with a fan of either team. GO SUNS!!!!

Is anyone else watching sportscenter with the audio of the Spurs/Sonics game???? ESPN and ESPN 2 are both showing sportscenter right now but ESPN has the audio going for the basketball game.......very odd :confused:

Ray, just go away for the evening and watch/post with Seattle fans.....no use in coming over here and arguing with people whether you are right or wrong.

VF21 said:
Okay, you aren't going to have any pressure... :rolleyes:

Sorry if I dared to express an opinion that didn't simply bow down at the feet of your Sonics.

Whatever, dude. I've honestly grown weary of discussing the series with a fan of either team. GO SUNS!!!!
If It wasn't such a crazy opinion I wouldn't have any problem with It. I just don't see how It's possible for the lower ranked team to have more or any pressure on a game 7. Feel free to explain why you feel that way.

oh and Ryle if this game was on a weekend I would more than likely be out watching the game somwhere but getting up at 4.30am tomorrow morning means It just isn't possible. I was also under the impression argueing with people is what message boards are all about.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ryle said:
Ray, just go away for the evening and watch/post with Seattle fans.....no use in coming over here and arguing with people whether you are right or wrong.
Exactly.

Ray - Look at it this way. If we had won, do you think Kings fans would be on a Sonics site talking about THEIR games? You're there; we're not. Quite frankly, to have you come here and continually remind me about it is annoying. (And that's just me - Vladefan21 - being totally honest.)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ray Allen34 said:
I was also under the impression argueing with people is what message boards are all about.
Watch it. You want to get smug about it, and you won't be here much longer.

You could show just a modicum of respect. I don't give a rat's patoot about what happens with you and your team. I've responded to some of your comments but it's getting very old. I cannot for the life of me imagine why you're not on a Sonics board right now - or a Spurs board.

Our beloved Kings were eliminated by your team. Sorry, but I'm tired of being diplomatic and/or polite about it. I hope you lose by tons.

:mad:

Craig Ehlo calling out Manu Ginobli as a flopper on Sonics' radio broadcast.

Bruce Bowen with a free throw opportunity to give the Spurs their first lead of the game. Spurs on 15 - 6 run right now in the second quarter. Not that I'm surprised.

VF21 said:
Exactly.

Ray - Look at it this way. If we had won, do you think Kings fans would be on a Sonics site talking about THEIR games? You're there; we're not. Quite frankly, to have you come here and continually remind me about it is annoying. (And that's just me - Vladefan21 - being totally honest.)
I'm here to talk about basketball, I enjoy posting here but If It is a problem me talking about the series in the offical spurs/sonics thread then I will leave the board and not return. I have been nothing but respectful towards Kings fans and the Kings after our series match-up but If because of that series, you don't like me posting then my time here is done.

Sonics just over fouling at this point. Each time down the floor there is a foul called against the Sonics over the last few minutes, and now the Spurs are getting trips to the line with each foul. Not good for the Sonics.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
RayAllen - Do as you wish. I was speaking as a member, not as a moderator. I will not argue with you about your team. Feel free to continue with the other members...