Spurs-Sonics round 2

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Jerome James is a boor and just made a big mistake, IMHO.

Interviewed after the game, he was asked about his comment before the game that they were giving the Spurs too much respect.

The question was, "Are you still giving them too much respect?"

James said, "I'm givin' em no respect. NONE!"

What a tool...

The Sonics took one at home on a night when the Spurs couldn't do squat from the line. I don't think they'll be that lucky again.

haha..jerome james...wow..no words join the bench with danny fortson....did anyone see ray allen mouth 'eff u' to bruce bowen when he pulled the rebound down with 2.9 seconds left...lol

M10Bibby said:
haha..jerome james...wow..no words join the bench with danny fortson....did anyone see ray allen mouth 'eff u' to bruce bowen when he pulled the rebound down with 2.9 seconds left...lol
Yeah, I what did Bruce Bowen do in the 1st place. Defend him?

F

Fillmoe

ray allen and bruce bowen are worst than kobe and shaq.... LOL! they are arguing/cursing and pushing the whole game

Spurs sure choked that one away with some horrid clutch play and terrible FT shooting.

I figure they bounce back with a strong game, but they need to figure out a way to stop Seattle's pick and roll.

TD still doesn't look himself out there.

Bballkingsrock said:
Yeah, I what did Bruce Bowen do in the 1st place. Defend him?

yea apparently so...bowen played good D..and allen i guess was fusterated....sonics seemed mad that they won....they prob know its gona b their only win...they got lucky 2nite...

M10Bibby said:
yea apparently so...bowen played good D..and allen i guess was fusterated....sonics seemed mad that they won....they prob know its gona b their only win...they got lucky 2nite...
yeah, they definatly will be gone in 5 games. This game will be the last win for the Sonics this year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The one thing that just might come back and bite the Sonics big time is the mouth of Jerome James. He just threw down the gauntlet to Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry, etc. Those guys are PROFESSIONALS. To hear someone like Jerome James act like he's all that and a really big bag of chips and is above giving respect to his opponents could be all Timmy and Co. need to slap them silly in Game 4 and then put on a real show at home in game 5.

I think the odds on the Spurs winning just got a lot better because Jerome James is full of himself.

VF21 said:
The one thing that just might come back and bite the Sonics big time is the mouth of Jerome James. He just threw down the gauntlet to Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, Bruce Bowen, Brent Barry, etc. Those guys are PROFESSIONALS. To hear someone like Jerome James act like he's all that and a really big bag of chips and is above giving respect to his opponents could be all Timmy and Co. need to slap them silly in Game 4 and then put on a real show at home in game 5.

I think the odds on the Spurs winning just got a lot better because Jerome James is full of himself.

i agree...so maybe the sonice will present that long awaited trash bag to james when they do...

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Fillmoe said:
its official ginobili has taken the crown from Vlade for "best flopper"
No way. At least Vlade flopped well. Manu's flops are so friggen obvious that they are downright ugly.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not only was his flop ugly, the officials didn't buy it for a second. I'm sure him collapsing to the floor from the invisible punch to the jaw is going to be shown time and time again ... and all (except Manu) will have a good laugh.

For the record, Derek Fisher holds the "flopper runner-up" title in my book.

I thought he had been hit in the face till I saw the replay then I just laughed. Not quite Vlade's skill yet but he could learn. I really miss #21.

He's taking the flopping to a whole nuther level! I mean, checking your teeth a full minute after the non-contact, wow! If he starts getting a rep, it'll be bad for him though.

Ginobili does exaggerate fouls and constantly tries to draw offensive fouls by being a pest. But I beleive he did get hit in the nose and right below it here.

sonic's only won that game becuase the spurs choked at the line. not going to happen again.

spurs will win on sunday, because jerome james opened his big fat mouth AGAIN. spurs get no respect UMM HELLO stupid, they've only won 2 titles. how many have the sonics won??? how many have YOU won. how many MVP's has duncan won??? how many MVP's has anyone on your team won???

Fillmoe – “its official ginobili has taken the crown from Vlade for "best flopper"

Loopymitch – “I thought he had been hit in the face till I saw the replay then I just laughed. Not quite Vlade's skill yet but he could learn. I really miss #21.”

BartKing – “He's taking the flopping to a whole nuther level! I mean, checking your teeth a full minute after the non-contact, wow! If he starts getting a rep, it'll be bad for him though.”

PejaFanatic – “I thought it was pretty much when he was checking if his teeth, like hello.....l...stop being a faker.

Man that was annoying...”

VF21 – “Not only was his flop ugly, the officials didn't buy it for a second. I'm sure him collapsing to the floor from the invisible punch to the jaw is going to be shown time and time again ... and all (except Manu) will have a good laugh.

For the record, Derek Fisher holds the "flopper runner-up" title in my book.”

Oops

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oops is right... They showed the play from about a gazillion different angles. Apparently they missed that one - or it's part of the vast conspiracy which has now spread to only showing clips that will agree with what the voice-over says.

;)

Manu flails and exaggerates contact but I don't think he flops to the extent there's no contact and he fakes contact. He doesn't limp around after contact either if he's not hurt and he's one tough customer.

Evans flops. Fortson flops. A guy will lean into them and they'll go down like a two dollar hooker. With Manu there has to be some force but he'll flail to let the ref know there was contact. He's taking an absolute beating in these playoffs.

The best flopper the Spurs had was Malik Rose but refs stopped giving him the call.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
striker - All I know is that it certainly looked as though he had flopped. Shame on ESPN or whomever for not showing the clip Nikos was able to find.

And I agree about the beating Manu has been taking. I like Manu probably best of anyone on your team. I like his dedication; I like his toughness; I like his willingness to play from the bench if the coach decrees it. The only thing I don't like is the uniform he's wearing. I think he might just look a lot better in purple.

;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Irony of ironies:

I've actually been applauding Bruce Bowen in his efforts to frustrate Ray Allen.

;)

Call me bitter or whatever, but I'm kinda in the "I like him as long as he's not playing against us" camp right now as far as Bowen is concerned. And I do like that Pop is clearly using him just to try and get into Allen's head big time...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just the way the schedule was drawn up, BIC. Have to stretch it out as long as possible for optimum revenue...and you certainly don't want a playoff game up against another playoff game on a different channel.

:rolleyes: