Spurs @ Kings Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Absence of Nash, Barbosa, Barnes i "Amare" proved to be an obstacle that Kings couldn't overcome. Now, we can deal with injuries to our players but when opponent shows up decimated - that just isn't fair. Anyways, Kings 4-6 had the opportunity to get to 0.500 but just couldn't make one single play down the stretch. Kings also dropped to 3-2 at home. The short home stand will be completed tomorrow against the Spurs and it will be an ugly game between 2 pretty bad teams.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Piksi's pow(d)er rankings.

Kings maintained somewhat bad position for the draft by getting the expected loss the unexpected way. Clippers will be hard to catch.

PO chances still at 0%
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Does Brad Miller need his therapist to be with him on a court at all times. Do we need to feed him an antidepressant in every timeout ? Just wondering. We really can't comply because it would actually require that Muss Junior calls timeouts. Don't get me wrong - brad is playing decent and producing his usual but he just doesn't look like he wants to be out there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I always thought that timeouts are part of coaching and that they are there to be taken. what I am not aware of is whether there is a "roll over" rule and Muss Junior is accumulating them to trade them for a new tie later on this season. It is one thing to let the team play trough rough patches. Watching a train wreck is something totally different altogether.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Mikki Moore once again dominated with 2pts and 5 rebounds. He still was one of two players with positive +/- column which means nothing but the fact that Mikki is the luckiest man alive which we already knew the moment someone actually decided to give him 15 million $ for 3 years of nothing but bad hair.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are the worst passing team in the NBA mostly because there is really only one guy who can pass well and he is either suspended or depressed. Some of our players have problems exchanging passes between their left and right hand without fumbling it. It isn't pretty to watch and sometimes it is unbearable. When Brad leaves or smokes again - god help us.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Shaq is old, fat and done but playing Kings as usual make a guy at least 15 years younger. Last night he dominated like in the good old days and we did nothing. If we had a coach - he would have shot 30-40 free throws last night. KT, Sheldon and Mikki had 16 fouls to give between them. Look - Shaq is one of the best ever but he got 29/13/6 last night. There is no excuse for that.
Last night - we were the Clippers. Suns tried to give it to us but we wouldn't take it. We had chances despite trailing the whole game. 19 turnovers on 17 assists and 43% FG was not enough regardless on how bad the opponent played. We had no scouting report on Shaq. To defense of our coaching stuff - he is only 20 years in the league or so.
------------------------------------------------------------------
AWARD TIME

TDM went to Raja Bell who was scoreless the game before

LW-VC went to Amare who was MIA until the overtime. He wasn't much needed anyways.

JHA went to Bobby Brown who looked like vintage jason Hart

WTF moment of the game - Shaq looked like D12 out there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Spurs are next and that means ugly, low scoring game. we will be shorthanded again with Parker and Flopibili not playing. Will be hard to overcome for us. We have to rebound well because there will be plenty of rebounds. Maybe Beno can light up his old team.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Brad - try prozac
Beno - go for it
Salmons - had a great game but refuses to pass the ball
Kevin - get well soon
Mikki - another quadruple double before fouling out

Hawes & JT - keep it up
Spurs are 3-5 being reduced to Duncan and chump change. Speaking of Duncan - will he drop 50 tomorrow ? TDM will go to Mason. LW-VC goes to Oberto. Bowen and Finley get their live achievement awards. Kings will have a difficult time overcoming these odds.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I always thought that timeouts are part of coaching and that they are there to be taken. what I am not aware of is whether there is a "roll over" rule and Muss Junior is accumulating them to trade them for a new tie later on this season. It is one thing to let the team play trough rough patches. Watching a train wreck is something totally different altogether.

piksi, that is very funny. I heard that if he collects enough ties he can exchange them for a new suit. :eek: :p

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I will be in Suite H. :D
If I tell you where we are sitting, will you bring us some of the free food? :p

We are going to be in the cheap seats, but are really looking forward to a good game (and maybe winnable, especially given the roster situations).

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
If I tell you where we are sitting, will you bring us some of the free food? :p

We are going to be in the cheap seats, but are really looking forward to a good game (and maybe winnable, especially given the roster situations).

I sat in the cheap seats (Section 222) last week. For $10...what a bargain. I had a great time.

These not exactly scrubs Spurs beat Houston 77-75 last game. Same 'ol thing with Pop slowing it down tonight, executing and otherwise mucking it up for the opposition. At least Kings are rebounding, leading 25-16 in that category at half. 10 turnovers not good to Spurs 4. More of the same in the second half. I don't think either team has enough fire power to get much of a lead on the other. Winner - first to 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.