Spreewell wants extension too.

Sprewell is NOT going to get anything remotely close to the $14 mil he's making this year when he becomes a free agent. I don't know what he's thinking.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This was the gamble the Wolves took when they picked up all of those malcontents last season. It was a breakthrough season for them, and I was surprised that everybody seemed to be pulling in the same direction. But now it looks like those chickens are coming home to roost.

Given their age/injuries, if I was the Wolves I would seriously consider just letting them walk. Get what you can out of them now, and then say goodbye. Problem is that those guys can really muck up a locker room if they are unhappy, which they normally are. And if they aren't focused on winning, and you don't get it done and then they walk away...kind of a letdown after finally breaking through.

bibbyweb said:
Now they have two unsatisfied players and still they are supposed to have a great chemistry. How does that work?
True. And money squabbles are probably the most divisive and souring things that a player could go thru. You especially don't want a guy like Spree angry about money. He'll go for your throat, man. You better stay away from him. He'll rip your lungs out, Jim. I saw him with a Chinese menu in his hand walking through the streets of SoHo in the rain. He was looking for the place called Lee Ho Fooks to get a big dish of beef chow mein. A-hooooo...Sprewolves of Target.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kingsgurl said:
AND their team leader socked a rookie upside the head, causing him to need stitches. Yep, sounds like perfect harmony to me.
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

For shame!

Garnett didn't sock the rookie upside the head. It was all just overblown hype - and they even got the emergency room guys to corroborate the story to make Garnett look bad. We all know he's a stellar character and would NEVER resort to violence...

:rolleyes:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
G_M said:
Latrell Sprewell is NOT a malcontent!

Sincerely,

PJ Carlesimo
And Sprewell? He wasn't choking PJ; he was simply trying to perform the Heimlich manuever to help Carlesimo dislodge a very large wad of bubble gum from his larynx.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BJax24 said:
but does that justify his demand for a contract extension?
Argument is simple enough -- Minnesota never won before he and Cassel arrived to energize things. Then they won. If he were 27 it would be a no brainer. However, he's nearing the end of the line, and its in question whether he and Cassel can even maintain their level his year, let alone 2-3 years into the future.

The other thing Sprewell knows, but won't admit, is that he could have a mini-Gary Payton season this year, and prove that not only is he overpaid now at $14.6 million for this season, but that he is so grossly overpaid that he probably only warrants a mid-level exception next year. At least right now he has his playoff performance of last season to prop up his status. Once the games begin, he's got nowhere to go but down.

VF21 said:
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!

For shame!

Garnett didn't sock the rookie upside the head. It was all just overblown hype - and they even got the emergency room guys to corroborate the story to make Garnett look bad. We all know he's a stellar character and would NEVER resort to violence...

:rolleyes:
The rookie was waived yesterday... Surprised he lasted that long.