[SPOARTS!] Comments that don't warrant their own thread

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This just in: Serena Williams is pretty good at tennis... That was particularly bittersweet, in that there is a greater than zero percent chance that we'll never see that again.

Anyway... back to the WNBA playoffs.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Oh my god... I don't think I have the stomach to watch the rest of this match: Serena was up 5-1, and serving for the match against Karolina Pliskova. She foot-faulted when serving for match point, twisted her ankle on the very next point, and hasn't been right since. She lost the break, and has lost the next two games in a row.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Well, that's it. Carolina Pliskova (CZE) defeats Serena Williams (USA) 6-4, 4-6, 7-5. A heartbreaking collapse by Serena: she had a 5-1 lead in the third set, twisted her ankle when serving for the match, and was never the same after that. She lost six games in a row, after the injury.

Pliskova advances to play Naomi Osaka in the semifinals, but my interest in the Australian Open is officially over.

^^ I'm really hoping Naomi Osaka can back up her US Open title by winning the Aussie. Love the way she plays.

Also hoping Rafa can get past a very tough Stefanos Tsitsipas (who I also like) and perhaps the Joker for a 2nd Aussie title.

It's been a fun tourney to watch this year!

I never thought a day would come where I'd turn to the Kings and look at them as being the most stable and drama-free North American sports franchise that I root for (the competition: Pittsburgh Steelers and Ottawa Senators). I can't even process it after all of the turmoil that has gone on with this team. It's like I've entered Bizarro World.

What a great sports moment and personal comeback at the Masters today! Loved every moment of it. I can’t explain how happy and excited I am to have seen Tiger return to the top of that mountain. Even better was the fact that he won his 1st major when trailing entering the final round. So it was historic in more than one way.