Spencer Hawes....finally

I think Thompson was drafted to be a PF and not a center. At 6'11" and 255 lbs, he's hardly undersized at the PF position. And to be honest, when you look around the league he's not that undersized at the center position. He's also our best rebounder, and we could have used him last night. As for Hawes. Don't get me started. Did he have any rebounds at all?
He had 3 in 31 minutes....I know..don't get too excited...awesome number right??

Yeah I made a point to watch him off the ball a lot last night. He doesn't go after the ball. Makes some half hearted attempts. I even saw him trying to take off and get down court when an opponent shot. The rebound came down right where he was and gave up second chance points.

Seems like he moves faster to get to the high post on offense.

Yeah I made a point to watch him off the ball a lot last night. He doesn't go after the ball. Makes some half hearted attempts. I even saw him trying to take off and get down court when an opponent shot. The rebound came down right where he was and gave up second chance points.

Yes, very often Spencer boxes out his man then once his man leaves he runs down court too, leaving the guards such as Evans to rebound the ball. I hope the coaching staff can point this out to him and tell him to rebound first, then go back down the other way to get position. This way he will easily get 3 more rebounds a game

Yes, very often Spencer boxes out his man then once his man leaves he runs down court too, leaving the guards such as Evans to rebound the ball. I hope the coaching staff can point this out to him and tell him to rebound first, then go back down the other way to get position. This way he will easily get 3 more rebounds a game

I think we should try letting Hawes play the 1,2, or the 3. :p

Kingster

Hall of Famer
And this is the most bothersome of all Hawes' qualities, if indeed it is true. It's like we're pinning our hopes to a "Boozer" type of player who only plays good when he wants and if it will be for his own good. Not the type of player who you can depend on when tough times becomes even tougher. And not the type of a "future center" you want for this team. I would rather invest on the kind of player like Thompson who gives all his best in every game, than have someone on the team who plays good only when he wants.

Oh, well. Petrie hasn't given us any options at the 5 other than a wussy 7-ft center Hawes and an undersized Thompson, so I guess we'll have to suck all the sucking for now while the Maloofs finds another GM who can make things happen for the team and fans.
It's not that he plays every once in a while because he's not putting out the effort. He just matches up well against some teams, and not others. He can't match up well with OKC because of their quickness. The only way he matches up with them is if he can use his size on the inside to punish them. Until he develops more strength for an inside game he'll probably continue with inconsistency.