Someone had to ask...

I've looked all over and can't find a box score from Game 6 of the 02 WCF that lists the refs. Anyone remember the 3 refs from that game??? Tim Donaghy???

Y

y2kings

die-hard kings fans generally blame bob delaney for game 6. that name and face has been etched into my memory forever. 26 free throws in the 4th quarter.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
my heart would have been more than broken if Tim Donaghy was reffing that game. *phew..*
Just because he didn't ref the game doesn't mean there wasn't funny business going on. That's the problem with this. You don't know where it's going to end and whether other refs are going to be implicated. After all, someone is supposed to supervise this guy, so somebody or somebodies either really blew it or was in on it. I sure find it interesting that other announcers noticed this guy's foul calls were questionable before this story came out, just like several sports writers noted that Game 6 was the worst called game they ever saw in the playoffs. An interesting parallel.

There's going to be quite a ripple effect from this. No team is going to Vegas, that's a dead certainty. And I'm hoping the double standard in reffing superstars versus non-superstars also is looked at.

an interesting read on Bob Delaney
http://apse.dallasnews.com/contest/2003/writing/100-250/100-250.features.third1.html

Although I still cant hear that name, that article both made me gain some kind of respect towards the man and on the other side made me raise an eyebrow.
Throughout the end of the article they kept on mentioning how he felt so bad that he turned over the entire mob family after growing so close to them while undercover.
One may only think...