Slim has his team - who would be on yours?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Y’all explained the boogie thing leading you to go for GSW but my god. I don’t care if my brother played for them I’m not rooting for that scumbag green.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. Green is exactly my kind of player.

The All-Slim team would have Cousins, Draymond, Patrick Beverly and Jimmy Butler on it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
you really don't know? he's a dog just like the others. he'll get in you and play hard.
There's plenty of "dogs" in the NBA, who don't represent my ethos. Jrue Holiday's got plenty of "dog" in him; I don't **** with that dude, either.

Oooh, but you know who kinda does capture my ethos, that I forgot about? Bobby Portis.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
no need for detailed explaining, summarize it for me
Guys with some "dog" in them, but whom may or may not also be... shall we say, a little "extra." Lowry is too "sports humble" for me. I have absolutely no use whatsoever for "sports humble."

EDIT - For that matter, I don't have a whole lot of use for humility, in general.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Guys with some "dog" in them, but whom may or may not also be... shall we say, a little "extra." Lowry is too "sports humble" for me. I have absolutely no use whatsoever for "sports humble."

EDIT - For that matter, I don't have a whole lot of use for humility, in general.
Lowry sports humble? I don't know bout all that mate. He is a dog with plenty of extra in him

VF21

#KingsFansForever
Staff member
Here's my thought: I liked the idea of picking your own starting five. I think we could turn this into an interesting TDOS pastime. Do some thinking and come up with YOUR best starting 5. Give it some thought. Consider their strengths, weaknesses and personalities. Consider their positions. Don't pick someone and then play him out of position just to strengthen your lineup.

If enough people are interested, we could do some kind of tournament or something. I'm just thinking off the top of my head so I'd be open to suggestions.

Be prepared to explain your rationale. Simply saying look at his numbers isn't gonna cut it.

Lillard, Kawhi, Durant, Greek Freak and Jokic. Not sure there are enough balls to go around, but maybe a couple of those guys will sacrifice their game:)

Curry
Leonard
George
Durant
Horford

• I didn't include Embiid, Jokic, or Davis because I thought I'd prioritize shooting, defense, and high IQ play over scoring & playmaking considering there is only 1 ball. Embiid/Davis are not good enough shooters for me, and Jokic is not a good enough defender.
  • I didn't include Harden because I think his scoring and playmaking is made up for by the others and his defense would ultimately make the team worse off
  • I didn't include Giannis or LeBron because his scoring & playmaking is made up for by the others, but his 3PT shot hurts the rest of the lineup
  • I know Curry isn't a great defender either but his unselfishness, ability to play off the ball, and floor spacing are leaps and bounds better when compared to other PGs

Last edited: