Should Kings S&T Gerald Henderson for M. Thorton

Interesting. He would probably be cheaper than MT, annually, but for 4 years? He doesn't have that much range and is only a 27% 3pt shooter.

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
Interesting, indeed... the two are about the same age and pretty close statistically except Thornton is a better 3pt shooter while Henderson might get a extra assist and a block here and there and I would say is a better defender. He came on strong at the end of last season and still has room to improve. His 3pt percentage did improve to 33% last year but he is more of a mid-range shooter and is 45% overall. He also played some SF.

I like him but $7.5-8.5 million or the value of Thornton's contract seems rather high, especially when the qualifying offer is $4.5 million and he could probably be had for $5 or $6 million since there doesn't seem to be a ton of teams clamoring for his services.

K

KingMilz

Had we not picked up Big Mac yeah, but really I don't think we need him anymore, btw Teague just got offered a 32million dollar contract by the Bucks (Atlanta could match) maybe we could do a sign and trade there involving Vasquez (I like him a lot to), but Teague @32million over 4 years is to good a deal to pass up if we are going to sign and trade for something.

Had we not picked up Big Mac yeah, but really I don't think we need him anymore, btw Teague just got offered a 32million dollar contract by the Bucks (Atlanta could match) maybe we could do a sign and trade there involving Vasquez (I like him a lot to), but Teague @32million over 4 years is to good a deal to pass up if we are going to sign and trade for something.
why would any of the two teams want to deal with us?

Vasquez can't be part of a sign and trade. Once Teague signs the offer sheet he can't do a sign and trade.

If he signed an offer sheet, then he will be playing for either the Hawks or Bucks until at least December