shaq rips Kupcheck

In a recent interview with SLAM Magazine, O'Neal offered blunt comments about Kupchak, who traded O'Neal to the Heat in mid-July.

"Some guys are so smart they're dumb," O'Neal told the magazine in quotes first referenced by the Miami Herald. "Mitch Kupchak will never be remembered for anything but what? Trading me. That was the dumbest move in sports history. Congratulations, Mitch."

But wait, there's more.

About his relationship with Kobe Bryant: "It's sort of like ancient karate movies. Think about it. The master trains his young disciple. Then when the young disciple gets some (expletive), they think they can do better.''

On his trade to Miami: "I just like to look at it like this. Agent O'Neal did a great job for the FBI in Los Angeles. His time is up there. And now he just has to relocate to Miami.'' O'Neal even discussed his ability as a GM: "The Heat being able to get me and keep Dwyane Wade? That's how good I am. You know I have great general manager skills. I told them if I go somewhere, I'm going to a good team. I'm not a dummy.''

Gargamel said:
I don't quite comprehend any of Shaq's points. And is there really such a thing as an ancient movie?
I don't think most of the common free world can fully comprehend Shaq's points.

Although I must laugh at everytime Shaq refers to either Penny or Kobe as point guards because both of them aren't. I guess a guard is a guard if all they do is pass the ball to Shaq right?

Shaq has been saying the same crap for weeks now. I guess he isn't getting the response he wants, so he keeps saying it over and over. Nobody's biting at the bait for a fight...they've moved on, Shaq, it's too bad you can't.

NK64 said:
About his relationship with Kobe Bryant: "It's sort of like ancient karate movies. Think about it. The master trains his young disciple. Then when the young disciple gets some (expletive), they think they can do better.''
Umm, don't those disciples tend to replace their master by the end of the movie? :)

Has anyone else noticed that Shaq is doing all the talking? He's still hurt and very bitter about all this. The truth of the matter is, the Lakers dumped him. His ego just can't handle it even though Miami gave him the key to its city. Shaq has to continue blabbing about himself and how the Lakers discrespected him. If he got what he wanted, why is he still crying? The Lakers didn't disrespect Shaq. Shaq did it to himself.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
NME said:
Umm, don't those disciples tend to replace their master by the end of the movie? :)
In fact, by the end of the movie the disciples carry on in place of the master - who has, much like Obi Wan Kenobi, invariably died.

Man, for the most dominant player in the game Shaq sure talks much more than he needs to. It'll be a great day when he retires, he has been a burden on the development of big men in the NBA.