Search over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SacKings384 said:
Anyone that wants to give VF **** about this is not only wrong, but pretty damn stupid as well...

1.She tried to give us all the info, even though she very well could have eaten crow on this one.

2.She was relaying a RELIABLE source, it's not like it was some joke where she just had a hunch.

3.At the time it was right, the newspapers had heard it as well, there was something obviously to VF's statement that W would be the next coach.

4.She said it for all of our benefit, she already had the info, what could she possibly get out of relaying it to us besides the chance of being wrong? Nothing, she did it so we could know what was going on.

5.Her saying it could have VERY WELL helped in this whole thing, call me crazy but alot of Kings fans visit this site, which helped with a LOT of the public outcry.

6.VF has been right on things, and I would love for her to continue to give inside information, and giving her **** about something isn't going to help that any.

7.Appreciate what VF does for this site, and the info she brings. She is probably happy to eat crow on this one, as was I for relaying the message on another site, but DON'T give her crap about it.
I'll repost it for anyone that didn't get that...

Anybody could have guessed, or stated, it was Whis at the same moment VF said it was. And enlighten me about what else has she leaked.

Meh, it doesn't matter, we have a better coach now that Whis. Thats all that matters.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
xyrin said:
Anybody could have guessed, or stated, it was Whis at the same moment VF said it was. And enlighten me about what else has she leaked.
It was no guess, and its a damn good thing it was leaked, or it may have actually come to pass.

SacKings384 said:
7.Appreciate what VF does for this site, and the info she brings. She is probably happy to eat crow on this one, as was I for relaying the message on another site, but DON'T give her crap about it.
im not giving her crap, im just stating the obvious fact that she was wrong

From Kings Official Web Site:
Meet the Coach
On Saturday, June 3, at approximately 1 p.m., the Sacramento Kings will officially announce their new head coach. Following the announcement, a "Meet the Coach" event for Kings Fans will be held at the Arden Fair Mall (Center Court - In front of Nordstrom) at 3:30 p.m. The new coach, Joe and Gavin Maloof and Geoff Petrie will be in attendance.

Bricklayer

startingtohurt said:
im not giving her crap, im just stating the obvious fact that she was wrong

Allow me to ask you this. If we are playing the shell game and you happen to see which shell the ball is under, and say its under that shell, does it make you wrong if I later move the ball from that shell to another?

Bricklayer said:
Allow me to ask you this. If we are playing the shell game and you happen to see which shell the ball is under, and say its under that shell, does it make you wrong if I later move the ball from that shell to another?
i dont think thats a very good analogy but yes, id still be wrong...

Just forget it... I can't believe anyone on this board would be bitter about getting inside information, then tell that person to eat crow for trying to help YOU out... That's why it's INSIDE information, you can't have it guaranteed AND have it confirmed at the same time.

Thats not a good analogy, and she made it sound so certain that there was no doubt it would be changed. I'm only bringing this stuff up because im neutral with VF. I think she abuses her power as a mod by closing about 1/4 of topics, and even reposts them as her own if she doesn't see them "fit", like the poll about who should be coach. But at the same time she has done great things for this community, and her confidence with this subject COULD have had an effect on the Maloofs, seeing the public outcry.

Viking said:
you should have done mad lib/ fill in the blanks! I chose puppy and sarcophagus.
EDIT: welcome musselman!
Haha, I don't think those fit but they sure do make an amusing sentence!

"You know what, puppy, why don't you just sarcophagus off."

T

thesanityannex

To VF21-

Thanks for leaking the information when you did. I truly believe Kings fans around the internet caused such a stink that it made the Maloofs second guess their first choice.

Bricklayer

startingtohurt said:
hmm, whered my post go?
we simply are not turning this thread into an open moderation discussion. I let a few things go because they were semi-tangentially related to the topic, but your last post was not -- just a general airing of grievances.

If it helps any, the mods, including VF21, can still read deleted posts.

xyrin said:
Thats not a good analogy, and she made it sound so certain that there was no doubt it would be changed.
reading the threads over the past week, it sounded like it was, but i do believe that VF did say that she could be wrong and that she'd happily eat crow if she were.

she also said that her source had been right many times before, so there wasn't really a reason to doubt it. i mean, i don't think she was proclaiming it as absolute law or anything.

thesanityannex said:
To VF21-

Thanks for leaking the information when you did. I truly believe Kings fans around the internet caused such a stink that it made the Maloofs second guess their first choice.
Agreed.

I am not going to assume that either
a) Maloofs intentionally leaked "Whiz hiring" rumour to test the response from the community or
b) that Maloofs were intent on hiring Whiz until the leak generated uproar forced them to change their mind, but I do have my suspicions. First and foremost, Maloof do know their stuff when it comes to service business and they are not that much of a risk taker when all polls are 9-1 against your decision.

Either way, hiring Musselman after we were all expecting Whiz, makes the decision look much, much better.

I'll help you VF21

I think VF's post was spot on when she made it. Given the history of her information and how many other sources wound up reporting it. Things do change quickly in business. Anyway, VF's leak might have helped prevent the hiring. I can just imagine Petrie showing the Maloofs the fan poll here that had 93% of people agains the hiring :)

Well, I'm glad I got my number one choice of coaches, so VF, I'll help you eat any crow they serve you. Thank you for the scoop and keep them coming.

Gary said:
But on the flip side my friend went to get his lunch from the fridge, and overheard a guy that IS in the circle of things going on say something about how people will be suprised on who is getting the coaching job. Not sure if that means Whis, or if that means all the people saying "Whis will be coach" be suprised when they announce another guy other than Whis.

We were probally looking into what that guy said more so than really mattered, and making a conspiracy over nothing lol.

Hmm, I guess that guy near the fridge knew something we didn't, and I guess we should have called conspiracy!

I will find out who that guy was near the fridge on Monday. All that I know is that he is one of the inside guys.

Last edited:
Great Analogy

Warrior's fans over at Warrior's World are pretty sad about us getting Muss. One of them started a whole thread with this analogy:

"The ex-girlfriend you dumped in now dating a better-looking, more-successful guy and your current girlfriend is ugly and has crabs."

Congrats to coach Musselman. Let's see what Eric can bring to this team and what he will do to improve it.

I for one am glad that VF21 was wrong in this instance.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was wrong. I will gladly say so with nothing but relief. I am very glad that John Whisenant is going to remain with the reigning champion Sacramento Monarchs. I think Eric Musselman has a great opportunity - for him, for us and for the Kings.

I'm a Kings fan. I'm a moderator on the BEST Kings message board on the Internet. I do not feel I have to apologize for sharing information I had been given. In the future, if I'm again given something before it hits the news, I will probably still share it here.

If some of you choose not to believe me, that's entirely your decision. And I applaud for it. You should always question; you should always look deeper than the surface. I will tell you this - I would gain nothing whatsoever by posting something I've made up. In fact, I don't gain anything by posting information that turns out to be correct. The only benefit - if it can be called that - is to the members of this forum who sometimes get a little heads-up on what's happening behind the scenes of our beloved Kings.

So if some of you think I have egg on my face or that I should be consuming massive qualities of crow, no problem.

At least we have a coach that I firmly believe is a much better option than John Whisenant.

Now and forever...go Kings!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.