Scot Pollard on CBS Survivor

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I have not, but I used to work for Survivor's production company. I know a lot of people who do work on the show. And I may or may not have pushed the producers to get him on this season...
If there is an option as to what you did or didn't do, take the positive and take credit. ;) Scot is a unique person in all the finest of ways.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I love the dynamic of this season better than any of the ones in recent memory. There is some incredible strategy going on.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
No kidding. I love the relationship between Tai and Scot. They seem to have recruited Julia and she has to be grateful. That's a solid group of three. I don't think there will be any problems with them. When they merge they neeed to sell their threesome to at least one other person. Scot is in charge of his group and Tai has an idol. Listen to him cheering everyone on. He's a leader.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No kidding. I love the relationship between Tai and Scot. They seem to have recruited Julia and she has to be grateful. That's a solid group of three. I don't think there will be any problems with them. When they merge they neeed to sell their threesome to at least one other person. Scot is in charge of his group and Tai has an idol. Listen to him cheering everyone on. He's a leader.
And it looks from the previews like they merge tribes next week. That adds Jason to the mix with Scot and his little merry band of survivors. :)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think Scot was out right cruel. He is being a bully. It really surprised me that Tai, with all his reservations, went along with Scot. I think that shows the faith people have in him. On the other hand, his announcement of how the tribal council was going to play out was hilarious. After all the revelations of how it was going to play out, no idol was played.

I am a little surprised that the Wicked Witch of the East was voted out. She must be more aggravating in person than she appears on the show and believe me, she seems aggravating enough.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Outplay. Outwit. Outlast...

Scot Pollard is playing the game the way it should be played, IMHO. Kind of like Dr. Will and Boogie some years back on Big Brother. It's refreshing. :)

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I think dumping the water on the fire cost him a win but I don't think winning is his goal. Going in, all he wanted to do was beat Cliff Robinson. His next goal was to survive until the merge. Now he may very well have a loyal band of 4 (the three guys and Julia) to vote out the "girls."

Somebody tell me when the super idol can be played. Can it be played after the vote has been revealed? If so, for instance, if Jason is voted out, can Tai give Jason his idol and Jason use the two and reverse the vote to whoever had the second most votes. If this is so, it's incredibly powerful.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think dumping the water on the fire cost him a win but I don't think winning is his goal. Going in, all he wanted to do was beat Cliff Robinson. His next goal was to survive until the merge. Now he may very well have a loyal band of 4 (the three guys and Julia) to vote out the "girls."

Somebody tell me when the super idol can be played. Can it be played after the vote has been revealed? If so, for instance, if Jason is voted out, can Tai give Jason his idol and Jason use the two and reverse the vote to whoever had the second most votes. If this is so, it's incredibly powerful.
That's my understanding.

Yep. From the Immunity Idol rules:

There is a twist to the idol – if you pair one immunity idol with another immunity idol, they fit together to form one super idol. A super idol can be played after the votes have been read.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
That's powerful.

Tell me, were you surprised when Tai poured water on the fire? It really went against his natural inclinations.
Very surprised. I think it did cement his loyalty to Scot and Jason and Tribal Council was quite possibly the best one ever.

Scott has a natural agitator psych. That's why he was really helpful against Shaq and co in those years.
I love how they establish dominance right after the girl group started a little revolution.
And by showing that they have the idols right at tribal was awesome, the remaining days will simply torture the rest of the outside circle.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Tai was playing for the money and his two partners took him for granted. I think because of the latter point, Tai didn't feel guilty with the blind side. Scot was a bully and that didn't work out very well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think the old saying "Pride goeth before a fall" should be Scot's mantra. He and Jason and Tai could have gone a long way, but he needed to make sure he was listening to Tai instead of talking over him all the time. I'll be very interested to see the tribe dynamic next week. Will Tai coast or will he be suspect now because he betrayed a very strong alliance?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Can't complain about the winner, except it wasn't Scot. Looking forward to next season - the Millenials vs. Gen X except that seeing Gen X referred to as the older generation makes me feel absolutely antique.

Ryan

I like turtles
Can't complain about the winner, except it wasn't Scot. Looking forward to next season - the Millenials vs. Gen X except that seeing Gen X referred to as the older generation makes me feel absolutely antique.
I love that you're back on the Survivor train! I hear next season is amazing.