Outgoing

Brent Barry
6-6 SG from Oregon State
8.3 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 20.9 minutes
Eric Williams
6-8 SF from Providence
3.1 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 6.3 minutes
Jackie Butler
6-10 PF from Coastal Christian Academy (HS)
2.0 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.0 apg in 6.3 minutes

Incoming
Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
5.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.5 apg in 26.0 minutes

John Salmons
6-6 SG from Miami-Fla.
9.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.2 apg in 29.7 minutes

Change in team outlook: +2.0 ppg, +7.3 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Kenny Thomas
6-7 PF from New Mexico
5.9 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1.5 apg in 26.0 minutes

John Salmons
6-6 SG from Miami-Fla.
9.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.2 apg in 29.7 minutes

Incoming

Brent Barry
6-6 SG from Oregon State
8.3 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 1.7 apg in 20.9 minutes

Eric Williams
6-8 SF from Providence
3.1 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 6.3 minutes

Jackie Butler
6-10 PF from Coastal Christian Academy (HS)
2.0 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.0 apg in 6.3 minutes

Change in team outlook: -2.0 ppg, -7.3 rpg, and -2.5 apg.

Successful Scenario Due to San Antonio and Sacramento being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. San Antonio and Sacramento had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
---------------------------------------------

We would have to either waive eric(or we could waive hart i suppose), or release justin again.
Reasons why we do this is Butler is a prospect and has size, Barry gives us shooting for a few years in case bibby is traded. and eric williams is an expiring.

Why San Antonio does it they need athleticism and a swing man.

This would be a meager start to a complete rebuild.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This is an odd statement to be making, but even though it would be why the Spurs would do it, I'm not necessarily very happy with burning Salmons to dump KT. Just the impression I get that he could be a useful fill in guy in a rebuild, But hey, his own turn into a pumpkin clock is well past midnight already, so who knows.

I really think the Maloofs ought to buy KT out. Justin Williams can rebound as well and block shots better. He probably wouldn't be any worse at missing free throws and turnibng the ball over than KT. What do the Kings have to lose?

Last edited:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I really think the Maloofs ought to buy KT out. Justin Williams can rebound as well and block shots better. He probably wouldn't be any worse at missing free throws and turnibng the ball over than KT. What do the Kings have to lose?
If you buy somebody out I'm pretty sure he still eats your cap room -- you just save a roster spot/headache as well as some actual $$. Could be wrong, but if that's right then that would explain why you don't do it.

In any case, KT may suck, but he's still capable of being a produictive, if limited, player. He's neither especially old or injured, so he's not really a buyout type of guy. We also aren't a big martket team with those kinds of megamillionjs to throw around in large lump sums -- the maloofs probably have to come up with $20+ million in a lump to buy a KT out.