Salmons... "excused" ?!?!?!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Been going on all preseason. Not much to say since we don't know what it is. But unless its all just a fake excuse -- Salmons stormed out because he wasn't going to start or something, which is something we have NO evidence of -- then its likely something pretty serious and he deserves his privacy.

Dont want him back. Dont need to add a ball stopper/inefficient scorer (who wont get his offensive rebound) to a team that looks like they like to play together (sans last night obviously, because we were testing rotations)

origkds

What- Me Worry?
Dont want him back. Dont need to add a ball stopper/inefficient scorer (who wont get his offensive rebound) to a team that looks like they like to play together (sans last night obviously, because we were testing rotations)
Regardless of how you feel about John Salmons as a basketball player, he is a human being. Let's hope that if his absence is not basketball related that everything in his life is OK.

Regardless of how you feel about John Salmons as a basketball player, he is a human being. Let's hope that if his absence is not basketball related that everything in his life is OK.
If its a family member or something then I wish him well. If god told him to find himself he can retire and save everyone the pain.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
On his show today Grant said it is a personal/family thing and that he could return to the team as soon as tomorrow, but he doesn't know for sure. He also said that when everyone hears about it they will not have an issue him being away from the team. So yes, it sounds like a valid excuse.

I hope all is okay with John and his family. Unless I know otherwise about a player's absence, I always assume its something more important to take care of than basketball.

Last edited:

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
its weird, guys are usually only gone a day or two for a birth of a child? and if hes with the team now why not at least suit him up?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Ah, I think it was this:

Back and watching – Swingman John Salmons did not play in his first
game back with the Kings.

Salmons hasn't played in a game since Sacramento's preseason opener Oct. 10.
He left the team for the birth of his third child, but complications kept
Salmons away until Thursday, when he met the team in Minneapolis.
So I don't know any more than that, and maybe they are considering the delay as a complication?

Don't know, don't really care at this point. The birth of a child is one of those things that I look at as pretty private, and if the team was comfortable with the absence (and they apparently were), then I am not going to start bagging on the guy for missing preseason. There are things more important than basketball.