[Game] Sacramento Kings @ Portland Trailblazers, 12/26/2023, 7:00pm PST/10:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think that’s the problem tonight though. We have a ton of points in the paint and on defense it’s just crap from everyone. Almost no team can win missing 14 of 16 threes. The problem is most of them are open so it’s hard to turn them down
Credit where it's due. The Blazers are attacking the heck out of those 3's now.

Terrible pass. The double team left Huerter open right behind him

Doesn’t know where the defense is coming from?

Oh well, he got it back

Terrible bench performance.

Keegan and Huerter lousy too. So far the worst game in awhile for Keegan.

Fox and Domas keeping it close by not losing focus.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
How's this for a novel idea: you're shooting 16 percent from 3, but you're getting whatever you want in the paint... Maybe stop shooting threes?

It's crazy enough that it just might work.
The downhill paint point-getting superstar guard is also the only guy on the team hitting his threes tonight too so I guess the best plan would just be to keep feeding him the ball and staying out of his way.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Terrible bench performance.

Keegan and Huerter lousy too. So far the worst game in awhile for Keegan.

Fox and Domas keeping it close by not losing focus.
Points aside, this feels like Domas's worst game of the season. He's being so aggressive in the paint that it's almost taking the Kings totally out of the offense and has consistently been a step slow on defense as well

We need a locked in Keegan coming out of the half. He was not buzzing around like usual. Standing around on offense, getting smoked on defense. Started slow last game too before turning it on

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
it's like the kings have a mandate to shoot 40 3's a game lol
They literally do. Mike Brown said as much last season. The statistics say the same thing... keep shooting and eventually they'll go in. But it sure makes for some ugly basketball at times. And I think a better team would switch things up and take the ball inside more instead of letting games get out of reach. Fox was always the guy who could do that last season. I'm happy that he's making more threes this season but him taking so many and putting less pressure on the inside is a mixed blessing.

I need to go back and reference older games (maybe last season), but has Huerter always had that weird motion in his shot? He kinda collapses his elbow in a circular motion and it just doesn’t look right.

Status
Not open for further replies.