Sacramento Kings Owner Maloof Arrested.

Well, at least it wasn't Gavin or Joe, who are much more associated with the Kings. Still, it doesn't do the franchise any favours, and George is an absolute idiot for doing what he did.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Well, at least it wasn't Gavin or Joe, who are much more associated with the Kings. Still, it doesn't do the franchise any favours, and George is an absolute idiot for doing what he did.
I'm not excusing him, but I would bet that a lot of us might have had DUI's if we were pulled over for another offense. I remember driving home from a Cinco De Mayo party one night on sunrise blvd. Although I felt fine and was driving fine, I'm not sure I would have passed the test. I was actually stopped at a check pt for drunk driving that night. The officer asked me a couple of questions and asked me to have my eyes follow his finger, and then waved me on. I swore I would never put myself in that position again. And I didn't!

Warren Buffett drives a 2006 Cadillac. Jim Walton (WalMart) drives a 15 year old Dodge Dakota pickup, and his sister Alice drives a Ford F-150. Not that I expect that sort of sensibility from the vastly less wealthy Maloofs.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
He didn't have a valid driver's license or insurance.
He didn't have proof of insurance, which is different. Even if they don't keep collision, I can't imagine that rich people like the Maloofs don't carry liability insurance, and probably a lot of it. Deep pockets invite big lawsuits.

He didn't have a valid driver's license or insurance. How you gonna convince a cop you're a rich guy when you got no ID?
It said "PROOF of insurance"... not "NO insurance".... I've forgot to put renewals in my glove box before.. and yea, got a ticket for it one time with something else. Could be number of things going on there.....

edit: oops Capt Factorial beat me to it..

Last edited:
Warren Buffett drives a 2006 Cadillac. Jim Walton (WalMart) drives a 15 year old Dodge Dakota pickup, and his sister Alice drives a Ford F-150. Not that I expect that sort of sensibility from the vastly less wealthy Maloofs.
Warren Buffett also still lives in Omaha, Nebraska....:confused:
Don't get me wrong. I live in the midwest, but if I had his money I probably wouldn't be anywhere near here. LOL