[SAC/CHI] Discussion Thread

im really starting to hate jenny's rotations.

Seriously? can our starters only play for 4 minute stretches???
i am all for the fresh legs on defense, but can we leave the hot players in the game, and take the cold ones out while we're at it ?

what about subbing no more than 2 in, 2 out, at a time, so as not to disrupt the rhythm ... and leaving them in long enough to get a rhythm ...

the questions would be who's hot, and who's not ... ???

and who is in rhythm ... and who is out ???

I only got a chance to see bits and pieces of the first half, and listened to the radio. Didn't see second half at all. But the numbers tell the story.

The problem was the DEFENSE AND TURNOVERS!!!!!! Particularly the interior defense was a huge issue in this game.

57.1 FG% for Chicago
44 FRIGGIN POINTS IN THE PAINT FOR CHICAGO!!!:mad:
23-29 FT for Chicago (compared to 7-10 for Sacramento):eek:
Candice Dupree was 10-11 at the free throw line, and all of those free throw were from Dupree in the paint.
Chicago scored 24 points off of 21 Sacramento turnovers

KEY STAT OF THE NIGHT:
Chicago scored 77 percent of their points from the paint and the free throw line (67 of their 87 points)

Sacramento scored only 48 percent of their points from the paint and the free throw line (37 of their 77 points).

And on top of all of that, the Monarchs dominated in rebounding again. 32-23 (10 offensive to 3 for the Sky)

Yesterday's Game

As a season Ticket holder, I love how the Sky Looks. But this is just one game. However, I'm really excited about the monarchs. Both teams did a great job yesterday. I enjoyed myself, and it was very strange not seeing Yo. However, Defense and turnovers caused this lost. Although, i was rooting for my home team, I had so much fun.

After the game, I met some of the monarchs players.

Kara Lawson
Wow! She is so amazing. My friend was very excited to see her. She was all over Kara. Lol! Well she's a big fan of hers. But Kara didn't mind at all because she was just having so much fun with her. she has such a sweet personality. Me and buddies got pics with her. She chatted with my friend for a while. She also twisted her ankle and I'm hoping it's not bad.

Charel Allen

As a rookie, I see alot of improvements that she'll have this year. I think I saw Charel play once in college. Wow! She is so cool. She is such a sweet person. She had so many fans surrounding her and she took the time to take pictures with every last one of us. Me and my bddies took pics with her.

La'Tangela Atkinson
I had the chance to meet her and she is so cool. She really took the time to thank us for coming to the game. We also took some pics with her too.

As a fellow monarch fan, I would like to add all of you as friends through myspace. :D So check out my page at myspace.com/tiff_50
Talk to you all soon

The problem to me isn't the lack of offense or offensive options..outside of Brunson, Powell and Lawson the Monarchs don't have players one would traditionally call "go-to" and that's really nothing new. But they still are scoring points. I don't know what their average is, but they've managed to score....despite averaging a gazillion turnovers.

If you are going to hand other teams an avg of 23 or so turnovers a night, you better be playing much better defense and have a much more potent offense than what's been shown in the traveling purple. That's 23 possessions a NIGHT they are handing to other teams. I don't care how good your defense is, you can't win long term like that.

Chicago was essentially the third consecutive team the Monarchs have seen which had not shot the ball particularly well from the perimeter. Those should be teams the M's beat since their defense is particularly more vulnerable to teams that can score away from the basket.

Also, if you are going to give up 35 pts in a quarter when you barely gave that up in a first half? You aren't going to win....period. Their loss in Seattle on Tues was similar to their preseason loss in Seattle last year too, they got the crap jumped out of them in the 4th when Lennox went nuts all of a sudden and never could settle in to stop the mudslide of momentum.

Their loss last night to me was reminiscent to the way they lost to Phoenix all of last year, their lack of transition defense and perhaps too, a new wrinkle the lack of an interior presence. I think the fouls this team has had called against them this season is making a difference in the players heads in how they defend in the paint (or don't defend in the paint to state it using the proper phrasing). Powell was essentially neutralized. Brunson I think was only moderately effective. Harper, Williams-Strong and Kelly also were on the fringe as well. I listened to, rather than watched, the game last night, so I'm going on feel here rather than a visual.

I don't see a need to throw the hands up in despair yet, they're still trying to gel the team. If they still look like this when they come home and play Houston I might have a different feeling.