Rumor: Sergio Rodriguez + #38 pick for our #31?

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-24th-The-Latest-3283

6:45

We're hearing that Sacramento and Portland are closing in on a deal that would send Sergio Rodriguez and the #38 pick to Sacramento for #31.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't even hesitate if that were true. I like Sergio and think he could be a very good backup in this league, he is just stuck on a deep portland team.

draft express said:
Just spoke to Sergio Rodriguez's agent, Bob Myers. He says he was informed that the trade is done. Portland will likely target Victor Claver at 31, although there is some thought that they could be tempted to take him at 22.
Just saw this now.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That's a nice little deal if we do it. Combine the two Spanish PGs?

Do wonder what Portland wants with our #31, but here they go again. Inch up to #22. Inch up to #31. They are always shifting around looking for something.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
My Blazer-fan friends have been talking up Sergio's imminent move out of town all day prior to the Michael Jackson news breaking. This would be good for us, but when I looked up possible Sergio deals it seems like they were in position to do better than a swap of second round picks.

Excellent. It's a small deal but I love it. Have always liked Rodriguez and never really knew why he never got more minutes. He's certainly an exciting player.

I think Rubio is going to OKC at 3. Sergio is going to compete for the starting job most likely with a PG we get at 23. It's still all up in the air, of course.

Good job so far. Nice start. Now lets keep her movin'.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I can't argue much over this - drop down 7 slots in the second round and get a backup PG? Sounds good to me.

Plus it will really mess with the folks who complain that Geoff never trades on draft day!

If the Kings are not taking a pure PG at #4 and don't think one can be had at #23 or #31 then this is a very good trade. Beno/Sergio provides a good stop gap at the 1. Then shoot for John Wall next year.

Excellent deal, provided of course that this doesn't kill our chance to move up from 23. Assuming we couldn't trade up then getting a player we know can play in the league in exchange for a second round pick is a really good deal for us. If we draft another point guard at 4 then this could also clear the way to do deal Beno.

Maybe Beno is getting paired with our #4 or KMart and getting the heck outa town... I don't mind this move at all personally! I will however be upset if we pass on Rubio/Evans with the #4