Richaun Holmes Appreciation Thread

20/9 against the Pacers. Thank you Mr. Holmes. If it were not for you and your wonderful attitude I would start skipping Kings' games. You are the reason I still care about this team.

Last edited:
Mister Holmes' mom deserves a shoot-out of appreciation, too:

With all due respect to Mrs. Holmes, the Kings looked better when they were injured and depleted (game 6 thru 24) than when they actually had all their player back healthy. (i.e. game 1 and game 25-29).

Let's hope they can turn this thing around, but they are looking as bad as they did the first 5 games of the season right now.

He's the definition of grown man basketball his finishing through contact is next level, also the push shot is elite, Kings PR department needs to start hyping him as All NBA defense./also most improved. Heart, hustle and a elite highlight reel of furious finishes and denials at the summit.

Long live Saint Holmes.

For some reason Holmes is listed as PF in espn but he is 7th in rpm of all pf's and 4th in drpm. Also there are four players in this team that dont have a negative PIPM: Holmes 2,23, Fox 0,52, Bjelly 0,04 and Barnes 0,02. Hes having an incredible season.

He's the definition of grown man basketball his finishing through contact is next level, also the push shot is elite, Kings PR department needs to start hyping him as All NBA defense./also most improved. Heart, hustle and a elite highlight reel of furious finishes and denials at the summit.

Long live Saint Holmes.
I was thinking about this. There has to be a big jump on his improvement and was thinking he could be a MIP candidate

Great interview. Mr. Holmes is a stellar human being.
The kind of person you want to have a beer with.
The chants of MVP for him, is the coolest thing that has happened to the Kings this year.
He is the reason I am still watching.
Thanks Mr. Holmes. Don't miss any more dunks please.

Last edited:
Since this may come off as criticism, I will sandwich my question in between two sincere notes of appreciation:
First, make no mistake, I am SO grateful that we got this guy! I love his game and his attitude.
Question: Why isn't Holmes a better rebounder? Is it because of all the switching, and the fact that he os often defending away from the basket? But even when he's close to the basket, it seems to me that Holmes is a good rebounder, but not a great rebounder. (I believe he is somemwhere around 40th in the NBA in rebounds per 36 min for players who get significant minutes.) So what does Holmes need to do to become a great rebounder? (Hint: "get more rebounds" is not the right answer.)
Last, I appreciate this guy so much that, in my mind, he's absolutely part of the core going forward. That means, somehow, locking him up long-term when it's possible to do so.

Since this may come off as criticism, I will sandwich my question in between two sincere notes of appreciation:
First, make no mistake, I am SO grateful that we got this guy! I love his game and his attitude.
Question: Why isn't Holmes a better rebounder? Is it because of all the switching, and the fact that he os often defending away from the basket? But even when he's close to the basket, it seems to me that Holmes is a good rebounder, but not a great rebounder. (I believe he is somemwhere around 40th in the NBA in rebounds per 36 min for players who get significant minutes.) So what does Holmes need to do to become a great rebounder? (Hint: "get more rebounds" is not the right answer.)
Last, I appreciate this guy so much that, in my mind, he's absolutely part of the core going forward. That means, somehow, locking him up long-term when it's possible to do so.
That's part of it because he's shutting down so many PnR's and getting great contests on shot attempts at the rim where he's not in good position to rebound. Which is exactly what we want him doing, it's a big reason he's been so impactful this season. It's on the other guys to box out and clean up the play.

Also has to do with the fact we're one of the slowest teams in the league. Not as many rebound opportunities as there was last season as one of the fastest teams in the league.