Richaun Holmes Appreciation Thread

So if early bird might start at a little more than the 8.75m
and starts at 9m,9.7m,10.5m,11.3m that's 40.5 mil over 4 years
send the offer to mama holmes and tell her Sacramento loves him and wants him to stay for another 4 years!!
Maybe we can add some incentives?

So if early bird might start at a little more than the 8.75m
and starts at 9m,9.7m,10.5m,11.3m that's 40.5 mil over 4 years
send the offer to mama holmes and tell her Sacramento loves him and wants him to stay for another 4 years!!
Maybe we can add some incentives?
I can’t imagine that you could add incentive to go above the max you’re allowed to pay a player. We could add incentives to Buddy’s contract because we legally could have given him a bigger contract. This would be a pretty massive loophole.

For example, a team with $10 mil in cap space could sign LeBron James to a $10 mil/year and then add a $30 mil incentive if he averages over 10 PPG.

VF21

#KingsFansForever
Staff member
I can’t imagine that you could add incentive to go above the max you’re allowed to pay a player. We could add incentives to Buddy’s contract because we legally could have given him a bigger contract. This would be a pretty massive loophole.

For example, a team with $10 mil in cap space could sign LeBron James to a $10 mil/year and then add a $30 mil incentive if he averages over 10 PPG.
Subject to league approval.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Don't give the Lakers any ideas

The Blazers game for him was very impressive. He describes his first responsibility as "the defensive end." Then he quietly throws down 26/10. He is modest about his accomplishments. He is my favorite King and one of the great sports guys around.

The guy is a total stud. He seems always prepared to play. He consistently plays hard. He sticks to his role. He's tough-minded. He doesn't make stupid mistakes. He's athletic as heck. Has a very good touch with that floater. Has very good hands. No question about it - for the money spent in free agency, he's the best purchase Vlade has ever made.

This is the kind of guy that you envision for your core. He's a keeper. We haven't seen the best of him, imo. He'll continue to get better because he's a worker, has intelligence, and seems very coachable. I'd be very curious to see what percentage he can hit from, say, 18 feet out. Maybe he can expand his shooting range, and become even more integral to this Kings' team.

Spurs had no answer for him all night long.

Our offense is pee poor without DeAaron. We have lived on the backbone of Holmes strong defensive play in the interior and timely offensive play/defense on the exterior mixed with Barnes iso.

Buddy is LOST without Fox finding him after breaking down the defense.

We are missing Fox so bad. I dont care what CoJo brings defensively, there are so many missed alley oops from Fox to Holmes and Bagley its unconscionable.

Praying for the quickest ligament heal in history. With Bogie on the mend ots just stupid how many alley oops we are missing. Thankfully Holmes is young so there will be many in the future. He ain't going anywhere.

Holmes and his fam have latched on to Sac. It's up to Giles to replace Deadman.

Last edited by a moderator: