Revisiting the idea of Mario Hezonja after the draft

I think everyone is crazy thinking Mario is getting more than a few million a year.
I dont think there is too big market for Hezonja. Very little cap space available and many teams are looking to either get out of tax or create space for this and next offseason. This is a bad year to be free agent if you are not a star player.

1 hour ago – via New York Post
Brooklyn definitely has interest in Gordon’s teammate, Mario Hezonja, 23. That’s the kind of neighborhood they’re shopping in
. Hezonja hasn’t lived up to his billing as the No. 5 pick in 2015, but the Nets have liked him for some time and are known to do the reclamation-project thing. After acquiring the No. 2 (D’Angelo Russell) and No. 3 (Jahlil Okafor) picks in that same draft, and the No. 8 pick from 2014 (Nik Stauskas), Hezonja could be the latest roll of the dice.
Free Agency, Mario Hezonja, Brooklyn Nets, Orlando Magic

Great, more competition and Nets have money to burn

Dont screw this up Vlade!

1 hour ago – via New York Post
Brooklyn definitely has interest in Gordon’s teammate, Mario Hezonja, 23. That’s the kind of neighborhood they’re shopping in
. Hezonja hasn’t lived up to his billing as the No. 5 pick in 2015, but the Nets have liked him for some time and are known to do the reclamation-project thing. After acquiring the No. 2 (D’Angelo Russell) and No. 3 (Jahlil Okafor) picks in that same draft, and the No. 8 pick from 2014 (Nik Stauskas), Hezonja could be the latest roll of the dice.
Free Agency, Mario Hezonja, Brooklyn Nets, Orlando Magic

Great, more competition and Nets have money to burn

Dont screw this up Vlade!
I hate the Nets. They go everywhere offering big money to mediocre players... they're kinda like the Kings, but the **** up the market for every other team. I could see them offering Hezonja big money just because they have the cap space and they know they won't be able to get any FAs.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I hate the Nets. They go everywhere offering big money to mediocre players... they're kinda like the Kings, but the **** up the market for every other team. I could see them offering Hezonja big money just because they have the cap space and they know they won't be able to get any FAs.
Better the Nets to offer Hezonja a big contract rather than the Kings, they are doing them a favor here if they do proceed to do make him an offer.

Better the Nets to offer Hezonja a big contract rather than the Kings, they are doing them a favor here if they do proceed to do make him an offer.
Super Mario DOES NOT improve our greatest weakness: perimeter defense.

Arent you guys tired of watching teams shoot threes like its a lay-up-drill?

Get perimeter defenders
Avery Bradley and Mbah A Moute
(further rational is provided in free agency thread)

I thought Bradley was a 6'2" SG. we have plenty of SGs- Bogs,Buddy,Shump,GT
I dont see him with Bogs off the bench either- Bogs is our starting SG
Mbah will not come here - he got screwed by the Kings once - not again

Did you bother to read the Nusbaum article? If not, I recommend it. It turned me from against Mario to FOR Mario. The link is early on in this thread (and elsewhere).

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Did you bother to read the Nusbaum article? If not, I recommend it. It turned me from against Mario to FOR Mario. The link is early on in this thread (and elsewhere).
I don't see one article changing my mind on how I feel about Hezonja, the eyes don't deceive me. Everything else does.

Super Mario DOES NOT improve our greatest weakness: perimeter defense.

Arent you guys tired of watching teams shoot threes like its a lay-up-drill?

Get perimeter defenders
Avery Bradley and Mbah A Moute
(further rational is provided in free agency thread)
Mbah A Moute is not coming after that snafu a few summers ago.