REPORT: Bogdan Bogdanovic in S&T to Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still holding out hope that the heavy analytics approach of the new McNair front office will not only (hopefully) benefit in our approach to talent acquisition, but also will be used to support/influence Walton's use of his existing roster. If that's the case, I would fully expect Buddy to be better utilized and to potentially have a big bounce back year. I do not think Buddy's contract is out of line if we get the Buddy from two years ago, with some natural improvement. Walton just had no clue last year.
I have been thinking the same thing. Pretty sure we are holding on to Buddy.

I am still holding out hope that the heavy analytics approach of the new McNair front office will not only (hopefully) benefit in our approach to talent acquisition, but also will be used to support/influence Walton's use of his existing roster. If that's the case, I would fully expect Buddy to be better utilized and to potentially have a big bounce back year. I do not think Buddy's contract is out of line if we get the Buddy from two years ago, with some natural improvement. Walton just had no clue last year.
Yes, when the coach is a hold over from the previous GM regime, the pressure is on the coach to conform to the style of play the new GM wants, or he will find himself out of a job by seasons end.

The good news is that Walton coached in a very uptempo system in GSW and had great success. The reason he may have reverted back to a "slow down" offense last year may have been his desire to "teach" his half-court system to his new team, similar to what Joeger did his first two years. I think the process may have been sped up by having a new GM this year, but I fully expect this years Kings team to be a run and gun, very uptempo team in Walton's 2nd season. :)

dude12

Hall of Famer
If we draft one of those nice 3 and D wings, in fact, if we are able to get another 3 and D wing at pick 35 as well, then Buddy is rather important as a scorer. I’m going to love the added defense with DD and potentially some athletic wings but we do need to score.

So if your scenario of matching the big Atl offer sheet happened and Bogi stayed healthy what would you prognosticate the return for him would be?
At least two pieces - (1st round pick or a young player like Donte) + (1st round pick or a young player like Donte). Possibly add in a 2nd or swap for the 3rd piece.

Per Windhorst Bogi has been talking to Giannis and that was his destination. I'm almost certain if we leveraged this situation we could've gotten one of those picks that went to NOP. This is exactly the situation you need to be playing hardball in: you have a good player that a team's superstar with upcoming FA wants. This hugely inflates Bogi's value - they're not paying just for Bogi they're playing to keep Giannis happy and increasing the likelihood he stays by getting the guy he wants.

If we match that ATL offer sheet that situation may come along (Sixers would be next team most likely to be in that spot, possibly Clips but they're already stripped down). But that's really speculation because we did end up in that perfect spot with maximum leverage over the Bucks and didn't get the most out of it. But in any case 'the most' is getting one of those Milwaukee picks and maybe one of those swaps or a 2nd on top. Making this trade now was likely the best move but we definitely left something on the table.

Well you literally just quoted a post that says why Bogdan makes sense for the Bucks. That’s it. Slightly above average roleplayer that’ll give them an offensive boost and maybe help them win a couple more regular season games. He ain’t putting them over the top but he certainly wasn’t about to help turn this franchise around and make a playoff run in the western conference
I agree with that, but being a starter or not is totally relative to need depending on situation.

I just hope they look at those 5 man units and prior to rolling with the evidence give Walton a nice slap in the back of the head for acknowledging all of it in pregames then doing the exact opposite in game.

Yes, when the coach is a hold over from the previous GM regime, the pressure is on the coach to conform to the style of play the new GM wants, or he will find himself out of a job by seasons end.

The good news is that Walton coached in a very uptempo system in GSW and had great success. The reason he may have reverted back to a "slow down" offense last year may have been his desire to "teach" his half-court system to his new team, similar to what Joeger did his first two years. I think the process may have been sped up by having a new GM this year, but I fully expect this years Kings team to be a run and gun, very uptempo team in Walton's 2nd season. :)
And if true Walton isn't very good at reading the situation. The only hope is that Vlade or someone else was directing play style.

At least two pieces - (1st round pick or a young player like Donte) + (1st round pick or a young player like Donte). Possibly add in a 2nd or swap for the 3rd piece.

Per Windhorst Bogi has been talking to Giannis and that was his destination. I'm almost certain if we leveraged this situation we could've gotten one of those picks that went to NOP. This is exactly the situation you need to be playing hardball in: you have a good player that a team's superstar with upcoming FA wants. This hugely inflates Bogi's value - they're not paying just for Bogi they're playing to keep Giannis happy and increasing the likelihood he stays by getting the guy he wants.

If we match that ATL offer sheet that situation may come along (Sixers would be next team most likely to be in that spot, possibly Clips but they're already stripped down). But that's really speculation because we did end up in that perfect spot with maximum leverage over the Bucks and didn't get the most out of it. But in any case 'the most' is getting one of those Milwaukee picks and maybe one of those swaps or a 2nd on top. Making this trade now was likely the best move but we definitely left something on the table.
Honestly I was hoping for #24 in this year's draft or Milwaukee's 1st in 2021. Both of those went out the window as part of the Bucks' overpay for Jrue Holiday.

Honestly I was hoping for #24 in this year's draft or Milwaukee's 1st in 2021. Both of those went out the window as part of the Bucks' overpay for Jrue Holiday.
Yeah, I don’t agree that the Kings had leverage just because of the relationship between Bogi and Giannis. Do we think the Bucks were going to compromise the Holiday deal to make sure they got Bogi first?

The Bee is reporting (see under News) that the NBA has concluded their investigation and found wrongdoing by the Bucks, who will lose their 2nd round pick in 2022 for having improper contact with Bogdanovic before free agency began. They found no wrongdoing on the part of the Kings.
So there you have it. No blame to assign to Monte or the Kings front office for botching this sign and trade.
But it's a shame we don't have Donte DiVincenzo on our roster.

The Bee is reporting (see under News) that the NBA has concluded their investigation and found wrongdoing by the Bucks, who will lose their 2nd round pick in 2022 for having improper contact with Bogdanovic before free agency began. They found no wrongdoing on the part of the Kings.
So there you have it. No blame to assign to Monte or the Kings front office for botching this sign and trade.
What is that old saying, loose lips sinks ships ?

To be fair, the NBA should have given the Kings that 2nd rounder from the Bucks as compensation for losing Bogdan for nothing! :mad:

That'll keep teams from tampering in the future. NOT! LOL.
The league has no issue with tampering, it just doesn’t like blatantly obvious tampering. The Bucks somehow failed the easiest of tampering trainings and therefore were unsuccessful in getting the player they were hoping for. They should feel fortunate that it didn’t cost them Giannis resigning

So bogi claiming kings really tried to trade him without talking to him about a S/T
64E9129E-3638-4D01-B5EC-A767685F3009.jpeg
At this point he should move on why even address it further. Kings fans already moved on with Halliburton. Bogi already looking overpaid, at least he could be in the playoffs just focus on your new team.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
So bogi claiming kings really tried to trade him without talking to him about a S/T
View attachment 10310
At this point he should move on why even address it further. Kings fans already moved on with Halliburton. Bogi already looking overpaid, at least he could be in the playoffs just focus on your new team.
Bogi also covering his agent’s ass after several other tampering allegations that cumulatively could’ve gotten his credentials revoked.

Is there anything wrong with the Kings and the Bucks discussing a framework of a sign and trade between themselves before hand, and then discussing with Bogi the possible contract parameters within such a framework, once free agency begins?

The issue to me is only that someone leaked to Woj that the deal was done, which obviously wasn’t and, legally, could not have been the case.

Bogi also covering his agent’s ass after several other tampering allegations that cumulatively could’ve gotten his credentials revoked.
Either his agent wasn't talking to him, or he's full of crap. I'm OK with him not implicating anyone for potential tampering, but he doesn't need to feed the "kangz" narrative nationally in doing so.

==========

MOD EDIT: As has been long-standing board precedent, further discussion of former Sacramento King Bogdan Bogdanovic has been moved to the NBA folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.