Reggie Evans re-signs with Denver...

Denver Post - The Nuggets are set to re-sign power forward Reggie Evans to a five year contract, a deal which is expected to be signed this week, according to an NBA source.

While the financial terms have to be finalized, Evans, 6-feet-8, 245 pounds, is expected to get less than the team's available full mid-level exception that would pay $5.215 million next season. Nuggets director of player personnel Mark Warkentien declined comment.

The Nuggets have 14 players on the roster, including eight power forwards or centers, not including Carmelo Anthony and Linas Kleiza, who are expected to play small forward.

It's possible the Nuggets could make a trade using the power forwards or centers as bait.
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_4287073

Well, looks like I was wrong on this one. Money does talk though. So, it'll be interesting to see where Evans fits in with Denver's crowded front-court, and PF spot alone.

I'd say this eliminates Denver from getting Bonzi.

Denver's PF/C:

PF: Nene/Martin/Smith/Evans
C: Camby/Nene/Sampson

Apartment floor. ;)

Last edited:
Denver really needs to get rid of some PF's or centers. Some guys are going to want out. Denver should be in the top 3 in worst 3 point %. They didn't do anything to solve their perimeter problems this offseason. Carmelo is only good in the midrange and can hit the occasional three, but for some reason he likes to jack up threes anyway. Maybe we could inquire about certain denver players (camby sure would be nice).

Yup. Other than getting Joe Smith, who can hit from long-range inside the arc, and is questionable how much or where he'll even play - the Nuggs didn't get one reliable/proven shooter.

I'm all for getting Camby.

Last edited:
Interesting quotes from Denver fans:

OK, so there's really no way for Karl to incorporate all of these PF's into the rotation. As for the rumored trade of one or more of them, I ask "who, where, when and for what?".

Do you think the front office is just stockpiling players and then hoping there is a huge demand for PF's at the trading deadline in February? I can understand that thinking (i.e., wait until the other teams are desperate), but I think that will, again, seriously mess with the chemistry of this team. I really want everyone to know their roles coming out of training camp.
mcpayne785 wrote:
OK, so there's really no way for Karl to incorporate all of these PF's into the rotation. As for the rumored trade of one or more of them, I ask "who, where, when and for what?".

Do you think the front office is just stockpiling players and then hoping there is a huge demand for PF's at the trading deadline in February? I can understand that thinking (i.e., wait until the other teams are desperate), but I think that will, again, seriously mess with the chemistry of this team. I really want everyone to know their roles coming out of training camp.
The "trade speculation cloud" that hung over Watson and the Nuggets last season really set a bad tone for the team mentality and prevented a chemistry from forming. I hope that any deal involving a PF happens in the offseason intead of at the deadline, but that doesn't seem likely at this point. Otherwise every big man on the roster will have to deal with trade rumors all season. That's a distraction we don't need.
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=563309

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Wow, once again Denver shows us how to overpay for big men. Evans is cool, but was that kind of contract really necessary?

They have to be desperate to move KMart. I wouldn't mind it if we could get our hands on him. Scary decision though.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
They have to be desperate to move KMart. I wouldn't mind it if we could get our hands on him. Scary decision though.

Which is why I would mind it. Kenyon Martin, 100% healthy, isn't remotely worth that contract. Kenyon Martin, gimp, well that would just about cinch our regression for us -- that's a Ralph Sampson move waiting to happen.

Nugg fans continue to have a hunch:

I'm counting Nene, KMart, Najara, J. Smith, Evans and throw in Kleiza.

Is there a trade coming?

You would get the impression they are preparing to move KMart.
I'm guessing there is a trade coming, and it will happen before training camp starts. It has too!

The Nuggets cannot start the season with only 4 guards (Miller, Boykins, Smith, & Hodge). Hodge is still not 100% recovered from gun shot wounds, and has very little playing time under his belt (not to say he doesnt have potential). JR Smith is also full of potential, but has never played with the Nuggets, or under G. Karl's system. He is still very young, and very raw.

Miller and Boykins are durable, experienced, and very skilled players. However, they cannot handle the guard duties alone.

Also, I believe the Nuggets learned from the on going trade speculation that haunted the team last year, and will formulate a team that will last the entire season. G. Karl likes his team to have chemistry, and play as a unit.

Finally, its simple, the Nuggets have 9 forwards. Big men are definitly valued high in the NBA, and there is a reason why Denver has stock piled these 9.

I imagine there is going to be a blockbuster trade with alot of forwards involved (Denver), and alot of guards involved (?).

The only player safe from trade on the Nuggets roster is 'Melo.
Johnny Hoops wrote:
I'm counting Nene, KMart, Najara, J. Smith, Evans and throw in Kleiza.

Is there a trade coming?

You would get the impression they are preparing to move KMart.

Yet you forget Marcus Camby? .............and Jamal Sampson.

And yes, a trade is coming up.....pretty obvious that they're trying to move atleast Kenyon....Once that happens, we're going to need that extra depth.
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=563576

Nuggs need a shooter or two, and to address SG and PF depth.

Interesting trade I saw proprosed, Joe Smith to Grizzlies for Mike Miller. That'd be a good trade for both teams.

I think a trade with the Knicks is also possible. Crawford or Q-Rich would fill that SG and outside shooting hole well.

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
No way the Grizz would give up the 6th man of the year for Joe Smith. That would be stupid for the Grizz to do that. Makes perfect sense for the Nuggets however.

The only problem is that the Nuggets bigs are not all that highly valuable due to injury rise and/or huge contracts.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Yeah, but the trade listed had a #1 pick coming along with Smith. That I could see happening, but Joe Smith for Mike Miller straight up would be a horrible deal for Memphis.