Randolph to the Clippers!

The New York Knicks have agreed in principle to send power forward Zach Randolph to the Los Angeles Clippers, two league sources said Friday afternoon.
The Clippers would send Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley to the Knicks for Randolph and guard Mardy Collins.
After trading Jamal Crawford to the Golden State Warriors for Al Harrington on Friday morning, the Knicks will clear approximately $27 million in salary-cap space for the summer of 2010 when their obsession, Cleveland’s LeBron James, can become a free agent.
Randolph will be making $17.3 million and Crawford, $10.1 million, in 2010. For the Knicks, this would create significant flexibility as that historic free-agent class of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh hits the market.

The teams had previously discussed a Randolph trade over the summer and the Clippers began even motivated to do a deal after opening the season 2-10.
Randolph, who is averaging 20.6 points this season, gives the Clippers an accomplished low-post scorer to work with guard Baron Davis.
Link:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...aw-randolphclippers112108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

A

AriesMar27

it could work for the clippers.... but wow, what about those knicks? could you imagine lebron playing under d'antoni? damn....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
really bad deal for the clippers

The Clippers may be looking like the new Jailblazers, but that's a lot of talent they are starting to throw out there now. They could not score, now they can. And in the same deal they cleared the vet in the way of their draft pick (Eric Gordon) at OG. They weren't going to be in the LeBron sweepstakes anyway, so cap room does not mean as much to them. Who wants to go to the Clippers?

Randolph's issue has always been that he needs to play with someone who can block shots to be effective.. Now he is, so lets see how well they can do. They definitely have a scary lineup, but I don't think it will make much of a difference. I still think the Kings finish with a better record.

A

AriesMar27

so who starts at center for the clips? this move definitely makes up for them losing brand... he's not as good but they really couldnt have gotten a better replacement...

Clippers got talent but they don't have an identity. Their not a run and gun offensive team which I think suits them better with their roster but their not a lock down defensive team. The whole Brand and Davis thing really screwed their future up in my opinion.

Maybe this has nothing to do with this thread but I really hope this whole “Lebron going to NY/ NY clearing cap space to sign Lebron” blows up in 2010. I don’t want them land him. This isn’t a jealousy thing, I’m just tired of hearing about it. N.Y is doing a great job of clearing cap space and trying to get to that point but I’m tired of all the talk.

If the Clippers can’t make this team mesh, I wonder how long it will take before the Clips org decide to part ways with Coach D.

I think this means that Kaman is out for another guard. Starting Kaman and Randolph would be a horrible combination, almost as bad as Randolph and Eddy Curry. They may wait until after Dec. 15, however, which is when players they signed in the off-season can be traded.

I think this means that Kaman is out for another guard. Starting Kaman and Randolph would be a horrible combination, almost as bad as Randolph and Eddy Curry. They may wait until after Dec. 15, however, which is when players they signed in the off-season can be traded.
Kaman did fine beside Brand. Offensively Randolph and Brand are pretty similar.

Brand has more skill with his back to the basket, but Randolph isn't shabby. He likes to take lots of jump shots, though. However, Randolph doesn't play any defense whatsoever. Kaman may get some blocks, but he's not a great defender, either.