[Game] (Preseason) Sacramento Kings at Utah Jazz, 10/15/2024 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern (League Pass)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I might be okay to trade our record-breaking offensive for some real defense. After so many years, I might be okay to trade everything and my firstborn son in exchange for the Kings not letting opposing teams score 100+.

I think it's just impossible to care as much in preseason. But, practice makes perfect so they need better habits now.
I'm talking defensively. DeRozan is in that help into the paint role, but he's just there. Not capable of much on that end. Maybe the size can be worked on, but with this scheme, oof. Teams are going to just keep attacking this way if they're smart.

I'm talking defensively. DeRozan is in that help into the paint role, but he's just there. Not capable of much on that end. Maybe the size can be worked on, but with this scheme, oof. Teams are going to just keep attacking this way if they're smart.
Well at least for DDR, it wasn't much of a drop off as we had Barnes before. It's not like we were expecting DDR to come and make our defense better.

Well at least for DDR, it wasn't much of a drop off as we had Barnes before. It's not like we were expecting DDR to come and make our defense better.
It's not much and while the actual issue is scheme, Barnes was almost always in the right spot. DeRozan has kind of just hovered on defense for a few years now. That can take a team from 25th to 30th in a hurry. As long as the offense comes back and Keon, Keegan, and Carter eventually do their thing they should still be much better overall still.

Status
Not open for further replies.