Predictions 2024-25

So0 why are the Kings have so much trouble in pre-season? Is DDR really that different of a player that it takes time to adjust? What's up?
Ummm, you kinda answered your own question...It's the...preseason...Wouldn't look too much into it. Preseason performance doesn't necessarily carry over into regular season performance, as you see more of the bench guys and 3rd and 4th team guys play as opposed to your every day starters. If the struggles continue into the first handful of meaningful, regular season, games, then that's the time to panic.

So0 why are the Kings have so much trouble in pre-season? Is DDR really that different of a player that it takes time to adjust? What's up?
In the last game Fox was out and that was a major issue. Brown apperently just let the guys go out and play. That will either have been a great thing or a terrible thing at the start. Jarring the new faces into the rhythm can work sometimes once a coach gives a little more guidance from the sidelines.

I'm predicting scenario 3.

I expect some regression defensively, (the Kings maxed out their potential on that end last year.)

Offensively, I think we don't have enough high efficiency shooters in the starting lineup, so I think that will stagnate as well. We might win a couple more close games, and we might be more robust to injury and exhaustion. But I expect that to have a marginal impact

Every online review Kings upcoming season say almost exactly same thing and it's concerning. Lack of size/length, lack of defense, lack of consistent shot blocker, need to outscore opponents - help in that regard with excellent addition of DeRozen. Most projections in the very stacked west 44 or so wins. 50 would seem to be a stretch but Kings fans can always hope.

Realistically they look like playing both ways is still a struggle. That could improve or they may just tell MB to stick it and try and outscore teams which would fun short term but bad in the long run. I predict 49-33 and they eke into the playoffs 5th or 6th seed.

Ummm, you kinda answered your own question...It's the...preseason...Wouldn't look too much into it. Preseason performance doesn't necessarily carry over into regular season performance, as you see more of the bench guys and 3rd and 4th team guys play as opposed to your every day starters. If the struggles continue into the first handful of meaningful, regular season, games, then that's the time to panic.
Yep. I've never put much stock into summer ball. We know these guys arent going all out and we know they're trying new things. And EVEN if we went undefeated in preseason, looked amazing... you still have to go do that when the games count.

Now it's obviously better to look good than not, but I don't think preseason/summer league is predictive at all for regular season success.

Well to me the season is going to swing on Keegan. He has to take and make C&S 3 point shots at a high rate.

Here is the issue.
2022-23. 41.3%
2023-24. 37.5
2024-25. Pre. 25.9*
*the preseason was not just C&S

the trend here is not good and Keegan’s shot looks routinely flat.

if this trend continues I don’t think the Kings make the play-offs.