Prediction for Draft Night thread!

Who are the Kings going to draft with the #2?

• DeAndre Ayton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mo Bamba

• Trae Young

• Wendell Carter

• Trade the pick for a veteran player, who

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting it easy coming in late on the thread, but I'm pretty convinced that the FO hit it off with Bagley, but not Doncic, JJJ or Bamba, and that Vlade will take a good player who's worked out for him over someone who might be unwilling.

Not trying to brag or anything, but last year I was able to predict the first 10 picks including all of the Kings' picks. This was among my friends lol.

Assuming there's no movement, here's my prediction which could easily change tomorrow:
1. Suns: Ayton
2. Kings: Doncic
3. Hawks: Young
4. Grizzlies: Bagley
5. Mavericks: Bamba
6. Orlando: Sexton (reaching because Young is already gone)
7. Bulls: Porter Jr
8. Cavaliers: Carter Jr
9. Knicks: Knox
10. 76ers: Gilgeous-Alexander

Does anyone know what time the draft actually starts? I see 7pm est but is that referring to pregame? I'm going to leave work but dont want to leave unless they are about to start picking names

After a week hiatus from this site I'm still leaning Luka, unfortunately I don't get to see the workout process so must trust Vlade on this one. Bagley is a close second, for all the positives ever mentioned.

Last edited:
Another 20000 negative comments about Sacramento Kings. Can't wait.
I’ve resigned myself to go to the Draft Party with wide-eyed wonderment, ready to cheer and support whatever the decision is. No matter how you slice it - we have better choices than we did at 7. It will all be ok.

No, I’m not feeling ok
Yeah. I figure if we draft Doncic, great. European wonderkid. If we draft Bagley we still have a Duke freshman who averaged 20 & 10 and has outwardly expressed a desire to play in Sac.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I don't think it is a big mystery. The King were perceived as incompetent on the basketball side before Vlade took over; and not only did he not reverse this negative perception he exacerbated it. The Kings made themselves more appealing with the new arena, the deep pocket owner, and getting rid of the bad apple (As a player agent I would NOT want my client having Boogie as a teammate). These are undeniably positive steps. So unless you are determined to play in a large market the most dissuading variable remaining is a GM who is perceived to have no idea what he is doing. After this variable, I would say a slow-paced oriented coach and a meddling owner are reasons agents to steer clear. The Kings also need salesmanship in the front office, someone who can sell the virtues of Sacramento. This is another weakness of Vlade. No salesmanship.
I think the biggest job he could do to sell this team would be to win. If Giles is the player they say he is, they pick Bagley, and Fox & Co make some progress over next year, it should help. Joerger, though, has got to put the pedal to the metal with this team in more ways than one. It's not a training camp any more. They've got to scratch and claw for every win next year.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Not trying to brag or anything, but last year I was able to predict the first 10 picks including all of the Kings' picks. This was among my friends lol.

Assuming there's no movement, here's my prediction which could easily change tomorrow:
1. Suns: Ayton
2. Kings: Doncic
3. Hawks: Young
4. Grizzlies: Bagley
5. Mavericks: Bamba
6. Orlando: Sexton (reaching because Young is already gone)
7. Bulls: Porter Jr
8. Cavaliers: Carter Jr
9. Knicks: Knox
10. 76ers: Gilgeous-Alexander
So are you going to change your prediction after the draft?;)

There's no way it's not gonna be Dončić if he's there at 2. Kid literally won everything this year in Europe and even with his weakness was named MVP multiple times. Yea give me that guy please.

There are numbers that make Dončić look both good and not so good, but this kid is a winner and he's a leader. Just look at the videos after his last game, his teammates love him. There are some things that you can't put a number to. Bagley is a good player and most likely will have a good to great career, but Dončić is a natural born leader and is special in that regard.

We need a on the court leader. Dončić is that guy. He will command respect immediately, I assure you every single person on the Kings roster knows what this kid has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.