• 2-2

Votes: 47 64.4%
  • 1-3

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • 0-4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the DWILL we have come to loath is continues to look reinspired over this road trip, he gives us a good matchup against anderson off the bench in the pelicans game. Assuming Ben can keep up his production i think this would be enough to get us to 3-1 with a good shot at 4-0.

question, if the coach tells a guy "don't leave him for any reason" such as when gaurding Anderson, what are the odds the kings defender won't slump toward the paint inexplicably leaving him a wide open 3?

Glenn

Hall of Famer
2-2 is acceptable but if Mclemore is making his shots 3-1 is possible, we have to play the Minny game like it's a must win game, these guys we have to come out and bury these teams we can afford a "we have already won attitude" we are not good enough to do that. Show the Twolves the same respect we showed the Bulls/Spurs.
I hope we play with some urgency. Having a few more vets on the team may help as they are used to the dangers of over-confidence. They can warn the youngsters.

I was selecting the 2-2 option, and I think that if the Kings will be able to accomplish 2 wins and 2 loses that would be decent, I don't think that we can underestimate the Timberwolves, I can understand they didn't open this season very well and yet this team has ton of talent and lot's of young spirit same as us so I am not sure and not fully confident that the Kings will be able to achieve an easy win tonight.

About the Pelicans, it's a very tough team led by AD which opened this season really well and might be one of the MVP candidates, the Kings acknowledges the facts that the Pelicans are a very decent team so they will probably show up prepared for this game but it won't be easy, I am not sure that we will be able to win that game, even though I sincerely hope we will.

The Rockets are one of the best teams thus far in this season, but for some reason I have a feeling that the Kings can take them down, I mean I believe that Cousins will be able to face Howard and outperform him in the game, harden will probably give us hard times due to the fact that none of our SGs will be able to guard him, but I think that we a good help from the bench the Kings will be able to top the Rockets.

San Antonio Spurs are fierce competitors, they are the reigning NBA champs and they are an experienced team, they know how to function in the clutch and therefore it won't be easy to get the win, Kings have the ability to start the game by a storm but thus far it doesn't seem like they could take care of things and capitalize their leads into easy wins, the Spurs lost to us at our home, and the Kings looked very convincing in my opinion, but playing in SA is a whole different story, I really can't tell who is going to have the upper hand when it's all said and done.

Demarcus Cousins has consistently taken Dwight Howards lunch every time they have played, even when he was in Orlando, but Pekovic on the other hand has gotten the best of Cousins.

The Pels game is a winnable game, we were owning them until Landry happened and a total Third Quarter collapse with strange substitutions.
Pekovic is not playing.

Had to go with 2-2. For a team that is just learning to win a 2-2 record for a road trip is more than decent especially considering 3/4 teams are all very tough with one of them being the defending champs at home. If we come out of this .500 or even better, we are looking great for December. I fully expect a win tonight. The wolves are decimated even more so than the Thunder were. At least the Thunder had 2 starters plus a regular rotation guy. The wolves have scraps with 4 starters out and most importantly, no big bodies to throw at Cuz.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Optimistic Prediction: 3-1.

Vs. Minnesota:
DMC has 30/10/5 by halftime. Running clock implemented in the 3rd. Kings not allowed to play defense outside the 3 pt line rest of the way.
145-25.

Vs. NOP:
JT continues to wax "The Brow". Evans hits 4 threes, misses 6 layups. Malone tightens rotation. Kings win, 102-89.

Vs. Houston:
Harden flops his way to 30 pts. Stauskas plays more than 15 minutes. NBA decides Howard should beat DMC.
89-96

Vs. Spurs:
They're old. Ginobli does not eat mac and cheese; no longer crafty. Despite that, close game.
94-89 good guys.

Pessimistic prediction: 1-3.

Vs. Minnesota:
DMC gets 30/10/5 by 4th quarter. Wayne Ellington gies for a career high (does he still play for MN?!).
Kings win 145-whatever Ellington's carrer high + 12.

Vs. Pels:
"The brow" finally figures out JT. Evans hits 8 layups, misses 4 threes. Gordon bullies Stauskas, Sessions bullies Stauskas.
91-99

Vs. Rockets:
Harden flops for 30. DMC gets 2 technicals.
82 - 99.

Vs. Spurs:
They're old. Still, they play old-man basketball better than your Uncle Nick, who believes bank shots are unstoppable. You haven't seen him miss, have you?
DMC gets another technical, as Patty Mills (who I'm pretty sure is on the team) goes for 22.
84-93.

Sooo, my final guess is 2-2.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Dwight Howard might miss the game.. just read he had treatment on his knee that he apparently injured. Pels is a winnable game, MIN should be a win... Kings can possibly go 4-0.. Spurs game looking the scariest.

I say 3-1

Timberpups = team you should beat
Pellicants = Please just beat this team. They are not that good.
Bottle Rockets = Hope they Humiliate these pretenders
Bone Spurs = If there big 3 take their Geritol, could be the one loss on the roadtrip.

K

KingMilz

As long as the Spurs don't have Splitter we can beat them imo, while he can't stop Cousins when he's in the game and Duncan helps that's just near impossible for any big man to try finish over two long 7-footers. For the Spurs to beat us easily they need Splitter without him they are in a bit of trouble imo.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A loss to MN means we are not ready for a playoff run
If you mean we're not ready now (in November), that's one thing. But if you're saying a loss to MN in November means we wouldn't be ready in April, that's just silly talk.

Even the best teams lose games they should easily win. We should know, as our Kings in the past few years have managed to find a way to win against deep playoff teams.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Vs. Minnesota:
DMC gets 30/10/5 by 4th quarter. Wayne Ellington gies for a career high (does he still play for MN?!).
Kings win 145-whatever Ellington's carrer high + 12.
That would be amazing because Wayne Ellington is currently stuck on the Lakers behind Kobe and Stanky P.

I say we win one of the final two. 2-2 road trip is amazing.

Was looking at our schedule and we have some damn good wins. And yes, I counted the Memphis game as a win.

Take out Minny. take out NO. Lose to Rockets. Lose to Spurs. Howard's length is going to give DMC some fits. Spurs will be playing their starters and you can't go on cold spells or turn the ball over against SA. Two things we struggle with.

Am I the only one that feels like the Pelicans aren't that good? When we played them, I came away very unimpressed by their squad despite our L. I think the way to beat that team is if we take away shots from their "role" players, (Anderson, Holiday, and Evans) and let Davis dominate, OR box out Davis and deny him easy dunks while letting their "role" players get their shots. I'm confident we can win if we hold Davis under 25pts.

That Pelicans team was trumpeted by the Nuggets.

I think it's a W for us if we keep everything togehter.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Let's start with NO. Ryan Anderson and NO. Are we going to guard him this time? If not, we're not winning. May we please first guard him with Gay, and if that doesn't work, Casspi, and if that doesn't work, D-Will? Pretty please. May we please not guard him with Landry or Thompson or or some other power forward? Heck, I'm desperate - I'd take Stauskas guarding him every minute over Landry or Thompson or some other power forward. At least then you'd (hopefully) stop his 3s and have him overpower Stauskas for 2s. Give him 2s; take away 3s. There's a plan.

And then there's Tyreke. Rudy Gay ain't going to work on him. That is unless his achilles is 100%, or maybe it's not going to work even if his achilles is 100%. Tyreke had a field day when NO set a pick for him and poor Rudy was stuck on it like glue. I still want McCallum on Tyreke. Yes, he's not as big and strong and he's a few inches shorter, but I'd still rather have a quicker guy like McCallum guarding him than Rudy, who in the last contest was left out to dry. McCallum is a good defender, especially on guys who are as quick as he is or slower. Please, may we try McCallum?

It's amazing how both Dwight's issues and Blake's night club assault have gotten absolutely no attention. If Cuz had done either, it'd probably be plastered all over ESPN and NBA.com
I make sure to tell anyone who decides to talk about how immature Cuz is supposed to be. I mean, we're talking two potential All-Star game starters with off the court distractions that are getting passes. Blake especially, considering the Clippers aren't exactly looking like world beaters right now. Where's the "Is Blake Griffin a Distraction?" articles.