Expectations for the road trip

What do you expect for this road trip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have a 7-game road trip coming up that will be pivotal in our seeding and Playoff hopes. This will be the longest road trip of the season. However, there are many winnable games. The schedule is as follows:

@ Minnesota
@ Minnesota
@ San Antonio
@ Indiana
@ New Orleans
@ Houston (back to back)
@ Houston

What are your expectations for this trip? We really should go at least 4-3 imo. Yes, we’re on the road but the rest of the season doesn’t have many easy stretches of games. Plenty of teams we’d be favored with or at least 50-50 odds to win. Indiana might still be missing Tyrese when we play them and New Orleans may be missing Zion.

We have a 7-game road trip coming up that will be pivotal in our seeding and Playoff hopes. This will be the longest road trip of the season. However, there are many winnable games. The schedule is as follows:

@ Minnesota
@ Minnesota
@ San Antonio
@ Indiana
@ New Orleans
@ Houston (back to back)
@ Houston

What are your expectations for this trip? We really should go at least 4-3 imo. Yes, we’re on the road but the rest of the season doesn’t have many easy stretches of games. Plenty of teams we’d be favored with or at least 50-50 odds to win. Indiana might still be missing Tyrese when we play them and New Orleans may be missing Zion.
5-2, but won't be surprised if we go 6-1, or even 7-0...:p:p:p:p

I'll be fine with 4-3, but anything worse will be a disappointment.

All 7 games are winnable, even on the road, for this Kings team.

I did not realize that Karl-Anthony Towns has been out since November with a calf injury. Even so, the team is 4th in the NBA in FG%. (Sacramento is third.) Facing both Minnesota and Houston twice, on the road, is a tall order for any team.

Give me 4-3 and we should be just fine holding our place in the standings. These are all beatable teams, but 7 game road trips are tough, especially when you play teams twice in a row.

We are 11-9 with one of the best road records in the west. That is how tough winning on the road usually is. I would be thrilled with 4-3.

I’m tempted to drive up to that Monday night game in Minneapolis but it’s prob too far for the one year old. Maybe when he gets a bit older

Also any theories as to why Denver is so dominant at home one in their relatively dead arena and we are about average in one of the loudest? Are we taking home court for granted? Bring at home is supposed to help you wins game you shouldn’t.

We are 11-9 with one of the best road records in the west. That is how tough winning on the road usually is. I would be thrilled with 4-3.

I’m tempted to drive up to that Monday night game in Minneapolis but it’s prob too far for the one year old. Maybe when he gets a bit older
We have the best away record in the west...only other positive record is Denver 12-11

All 7 are winnable to different degrees. First off, only one is back to back, which is unusual for a 7 game road trip. And only 1 game is against a team in the top 8 of their conference, and that team (New Orleans) is in a free fall. We could be favorites in all 7 of the game, or at least even odds or better in each game. I break it down like this:

Games we are expected to win:
San Antonio
Second Houston game

Games we should win but there are some variables
First Houston game (back to back)
Indiana game (is Tyrese back, emotions for Domas and the crowd, etc...)

Games we could win (50/50)
Both Minnesota games (we always play poorly there)
New Orleans (though they are playing really badly)

If you take care of the first two categories then you have 4 wins, probably on your way to a 5 or 6 win road trip. But my guess is that we drop one of the 4 most winnable games, split in Minnesota (it is so hard to beat a team twice in a row), and then the Pellies game determines if this is a good road trip (4-3) or a great road trip (5-2).

Give me 4-3 and we should be just fine holding our place in the standings. These are all beatable teams, but 7 game road trips are tough, especially when you play teams twice in a row.
When playing solid to good teams, I actually kinda like playing them back to back because it increases the odds you win at least one. And I’ll always take a split when playing .500 teams or better. Minnesota, for example, is a pretty good team and Ant has been great recently. I’ll gladly take a split there. Houston will be tricky though. The first one is the second night of a back to back and the second game is our last game of the road trip. Hope we don’t slip up there.

I expect 4-3 and I think 5-2 is more likely than 3-4. I'm not worried about last game. The game after they put up 150 on national television, the players were clumsy and trying to do a little too much in the first half. Watching this last game I thought they looked discombobulated and had uncharacteristic tunnel vision, though Toronto's defense was also impressive. I think they need to get used to playing under the spotlight. They've already shown the ability to snap right back so I expect them to quickly be back to how they've been playing this season.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
split between Minnesota & Houston and perhaps a W versus Indiana and San Antonio
I think the most optimistic scenario is a split between both, and W vs Indiana AND San Antonio. I think we've embarrassed Houston, Indiana, and San Antonio, so they'll all be out for blood. A split vs. Minnesota is probable, given how they're playing. The talent to go 7-0 is there, but it just isn't feasible.

These next X # of games thread usually winds up as a jinx for the kings. Just saying.
Expectations for the road trip: 0 wins.
Expectations for the forum: Less jinx threads ;)
Yeah...Every time I see one of these, I automatically expect the worst. However, as long as someone else is the one spinning these up, I will participate. But I won't be the one to start one of these. Because I just don't ever want to be THAT GUY...

The reward is not worth the risk.

Last edited:
4-3 and I'll be happy. Asking for anything significantly more than .500 on a 7 game road trip is a tough task, regardless of the opponents. You would like to think we can count on the two houston games as gimmies, but sweeping the season series at the end of the trip it tough.