Prayer requests here.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Haven't been on much lately, but I think about many of you often. If you have anything in your life that is a challenge or a reason for joy, post it here so we can pray with you and rejoice with you.

Here is a request that I have:

I am having a laser procedure (Jun 14th) on my right eye to "wall off" a partially detached retina. Please pray that all goes well.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Haven't been on much lately, but I think about many of you often. If you have anything in your life that is a challenge or a reason for joy, post it here so we can pray with you and rejoice with you.

Here is a request that I have:

I am having a laser procedure (Jun 14th) on my right eye to "wall off" a partially detached retina. Please pray that all goes well.
Thoughts and prayers for a successful procedure and a quick and complete recovery, dear 6th.

My mom contracted cervical cancer, and her cervix was removed in early June. We're still awaiting to hear the results if the cancer has spread beyond her cervix, and she'll supposedly know tomorrow (it's been a comedy of errors regarding finding out due to the doctor being away and no one being able to access his computer).

Unfortunately I found out today that my dad has a tumor in his pancreas, and the cancer has spread into his liver. Prognosis: 3-6 months if chemo doesn't work, 2 years if it's successful.

If there's ever going to be a defining "wham bam" moment in my life, this will probably be it. This kind of news in the span of two months has been devastating, and having to wait another day for my mother's prognosis is going to make this a rough night. It's like a country song come to life, which is why I'm probably going to walk to downtown here, have a few libations to numb the pain, and take some comfort in a gig of a local country-music mainstay. Unfortunately I'm not in L.A. with the rest of my family (living in L.A. for at least half of my life proved to be plenty), so I'll need to make plans to visit within the next few months.

Fortunately both of my parents are devout Roman Catholics, so it's comforting to know that both have a strong sense of faith within them.

Anyway, I always appreciated that there's been an ongoing prayer thread around here for years now. I would hate to see this current incarnation just wilt away.

My mom contracted cervical cancer, and her cervix was removed in early June. We're still awaiting to hear the results if the cancer has spread beyond her cervix, and she'll supposedly know tomorrow (it's been a comedy of errors regarding finding out due to the doctor being away and no one being able to access his computer).

Unfortunately I found out today that my dad has a tumor in his pancreas, and the cancer has spread into his liver. Prognosis: 3-6 months if chemo doesn't work, 2 years if it's successful.

If there's ever going to be a defining "wham bam" moment in my life, this will probably be it. This kind of news in the span of two months has been devastating, and having to wait another day for my mother's prognosis is going to make this a rough night. It's like a country song come to life, which is why I'm probably going to walk to downtown here, have a few libations to numb the pain, and take some comfort in a gig of a local country-music mainstay. Unfortunately I'm not in L.A. with the rest of my family (living in L.A. for at least half of my life proved to be plenty), so I'll need to make plans to visit within the next few months.

Fortunately both of my parents are devout Roman Catholics, so it's comforting to know that both have a strong sense of faith within them.

Anyway, I always appreciated that there's been an ongoing prayer thread around here for years now. I would hate to see this current incarnation just wilt away.

wow that is so sad your family will be in my thoughts

Thankfully my mom's surgery was successful, as the cancer was caught early and was confined solely to her cervix. No treatment or chemo needed. Big sigh of relief. The thought of both parents going through chemo at the same time is just harrowing.

My dad is a fighter in general (ex-Marine), and it doesn't sound like he's going to just lay down based on my phone call with him. As with my mom, he was quite casual about the situation, the equivalent of shrugging your shoulders and hoping for the best. Apparently they don't even really discuss their situations with each other and just try to live a normal life. I remain casual with them about it on the phone too, but of course I worry once I'm done talking. My mom told me to stop worrying and just pray and live my life as normal as worrying does me no good.

Anyway thanks to all for your past and continued prayers.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Thankfully my mom's surgery was successful, as the cancer was caught early and was confined solely to her cervix. No treatment or chemo needed. Big sigh of relief. The thought of both parents going through chemo at the same time is just harrowing.
VERY good news! Glad to hear!

I hope its not selfish of me to ask for a prayer..... Its week 3 of medschool and It's gruesome.... I would wish for the Divine's guidance and support in this long journey cause I know its going to take a lot out of not only me but also the people around me.... prayers so I would not affect the people around me negatively and that We make it through and persevere

They werent kidding that this would be so demanding and it will suck the life out of one person.... :D

Thanks guys... I find comfort and resolve each day I pray... and my prayers go out to every one too. i may not know you all in person but nonetheless a prayer from a stranger would always go a long way

My family is going through a really rough time right now, I don't want to go into much detail but so many things are not right. Life just sucks most days, just hoping that things get better. Prayers would be appreciated.

JMG

Prospect
My family is going through a really rough time right now, I don't want to go into much detail but so many things are not right. Life just sucks most days, just hoping that things get better. Prayers would be appreciated.

My Prayers are with you and your family ReinadelosReys.

Sorry to hear that, Reinadelos...prayers for you and your family.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You and your family are definitely in my prayers, Reina.