positive dave

That's so sad.
He's the biggest Kings fan. He will be miss greatly. I remember once he called on the radio and said that the Kings game was going to start but he fell to the floor? He had to go to the hospital. When he was at the hospital, all he thought about was the Kings. He couldn't wait to get back home and watch them. He was more worried about the Kings than himself. He said he wants to see the Kings win the Champ and Jim Kozimor said that when the Kings do, he will be front row? ...This is very sad to hear.

My prayers are with his family.

Thanks for letting us know, Iggy.

Big Ups to Positive Dave!!!

Dave, may your spirit of optimism fall upon the rest of us pesimist. I loved listening to Dave on 1140. For years he kept me laughing and staying true to the cause.

Praying for the family right now in Jesus name.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo very sorry to hear this news. I've been worried about him since I hadn't heard him in a while and the last time I did it seemed like he was not doing well.

I have listened to this man for a long time back when there was another sports talk station in Sacramento. He never wavered from that, despite the fact that others seem to relish mocking his faith. I am so very glad that the Kings (and Monarchs) finally lived up to his eternal optimism and that he got to bask warmly in that.

Thank you Dave, for reminding us all what faith and being a fan truly is. My thoughts go out to his family.

May God rest his soul, its sad to hear of your passing. May the Kings win an NBA title in his honor, for that was his true source of energy, like most of us who have been there through the years. I hope he is happy. He will always be missed by ALL Kings fans.

Wow, this caught me so off guard. I was complaining about something totally trivial in another thread, and reading this really puts me in my place. I really have nothing to complain about. I wish his friends and family the best.

A lot of people say they're a fan of the kings, and talk the talk... Positive Dave spent so much of his life showing love for his team through the tough losses, not just the wins. People always think that they themselves are the biggest Kings fan alive, or think there's no way to really quantify who's a bigger fan. I don't care what those guys say---Positive Dave was the biggest Kings fan I've ever seen.

:(

A sad day indeed! I heard about it on Grant&Lamm. Grant said some great words about him. As did Koz on his show. Was nice to hear several callers give their condolences.

"Positive" Dave Ajay was a rare breed. I loved listening to him. When I was really being a pessimist i'd hear PD and his GO GO Kings mantra. Id want to turn the station alot of the time cause I wouldnt want to hear his eternal optimism. But hed get through to you by him just being himself. People would make fun of him. But he alwayed stayed true. He was 86 and a 50 year resident of Sacramento. I'll truely miss his calls. Thank you Dave! You'll definately be missed.

R.I.P The biggest Eternal Optimist ive ever heard.( Yes that includes some here )

Last edited:

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Prayers and thoughts to his family. Dave, hope you have a view from up there. Enjoyed your inputs on radio for many years. Thanks.

So sorry to hear this. : ( And I didn't realize that the man was 86! Wow. Radio won't be the same without his insightful and positive comments. What a dedicated Kings fan. And he'll be smiling down at the Kings from now on.

That really just breaks your heart. I would always listen to him on the Kings post game shows. He was definetly the "BIGGEST KING FAN" there was. May your rest in peace my friend. This years Kings season is dedicated to you!

Oh man, I'm sad to hear this. It was always good to hear his optimism after so many pessimistic people would call in.

Positive Dave, you were one of a kind, and your calls to the fans to get behind "our team" will be very much missed. Rest in Peace.

What a loss to the Kings and Monarchs and their fans. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

RIP Positive Dave, a true Sacramento fan and a true gentleman.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
RIP, Dave. I had a feeling that his health had been failing him these last couple of years, in what little I get to hear of the Kings' broadcasts... Dave was the ultimate optimist, and it won't be the same listening to the post-game show without hearing him.

God speed, Dave.

The last 2 yers he was in a resthome. He had to give up his season tix last year. He had them since the Kings came to town. Last year he had to watch the games on the tv cause he wasnt able to go. You could tell the time was near a few months ago when he was getting pretty forgetful.

Still its tough to hear theres no more of the eternal optimist to charge and cheer us up:(

His obituary was in the Bee today. I typed it up and quickly swept it with a proofread, so I apologize for any spelling errors I may have made.

Ajay, David "Positive Dave"

In Sacramento, September 29, 2004. Husband of the late Deana Ajay who passed away in 1991, Father of Cindy D Ajay and Michael David (Connie)Ajay all of Elk Grove. Grandfather of Bobby Ajay of Elk Grove. Brother of Helen Oflesh of Pennsylvania and the late Abraham Ajay. A native of Altoona, PA, aged 87 years. He served in the Army Air Corps, in W.W. II and has lived in Sacramento for the last 57 years. He ws a Certified Nutritional Consultant and owned and operated Dave's Diet and Nutritional Foods in Arden Fair and Sunrise Mall for 14 years He was the Past President of the National Nutritional Foods Association from 1977-81, was a member of the Board of Governors of the National Health Federation from 1970-79 and was the founding President of the Society of Certified Nutritionists in 1986. He was honored by the Maloof Family on National Television as the 2003 Sacramento Kings Hall of Fame "Sixth Man". Friends are respectfully invited to attend Funeral Services Monday October 4th, 10am in the Home of Peace Cemetery Chapel, 6200 Stockton Blvd at El Paraiso Ave. Interment will follow in Home of Peace Cemetery. In leiu of flowers, any contribution to any organization that helps children would be appreciated. Arrangements under the direction of Harry A. Nauman & Son Funeral Directors.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
That's nice that he got honored by the Maloofs before he passed.

Too bad the last thing of the Kings he saw was this contentious offseason.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I certainly hope someone from Maloof Sports is in attendance at his services. I will be there in spirit...