Please take a moment - you COULD save a life!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Time to bring this back so people can start the New Year by giving a wonderful gift with a simple click of the mouse...

Thank you all...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thought it was about time to bump this to the top again...

Please take a moment and take the quick, painful action that just might save a life...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The sponsors of the site, in exchange for having their advertisements there, contribute to a fund to help women who do NOT have health insurance get free mammograms. Early detection of breast cancer is often the key to successful treatment. All you do is click on the link. There are no cookies or anything else involved and it doesn't cost you anything but a minute or so of your time. And, because of it, a woman who might not have been able to afford a mammogram may be able to get the test and find out early about any problem she might have.

VF21 said:
The sponsors of the site, in exchange for having their advertisements there, contribute to a fund to help women who do NOT have health insurance get free mammograms. Early detection of breast cancer is often the key to successful treatment. All you do is click on the link. There are no cookies or anything else involved and it doesn't cost you anything but a minute or so of your time. And, because of it, a woman who might not have been able to afford a mammogram may be able to get the test and find out early about any problem she might have.
I clicked for the first time today. =) Out of curiousity, if there is no cookies involved, whats to stop someone from clicking it over and over and over?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
C Diddy - I don't know. I don't think that's something they really worry about. I've never tried clicking more than once. I'm just grateful they're doing that in the first place. I think the vast majority of people probably feel the same way; if they bother to go to the site in the first place, they're there because they want to help and they don't want to abuse the whole program and perhaps make it go away...

I clicked and then I forwarded an email with the link and the info on to everyone I know with a computer and an email address....I also ordered some of those nifty pink bracelets! I love those things! :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've never tried to click more than once. Didn't want to take advantage of the generosity of the sponsors...

Thanks to EmKingsFan and loopymitch and everyone else who takes the time and makes this a regular part of their day. It's about the most painless way to help I've ever encountered.

You all rock!!

I wish I knew this sooner. I just start clicking today. My mother had breast cancer. The more we do the better. I hope everyone registered on this forum clicks once a day

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You're welcome. Let's just make sure it stays on the first page of the index...

Time for everybody to click again.

Thank you all.

i'm trying really hard to remember to click every day. I was looking at the # of people/animals helped and it's pretty amazing. That's what's keeping me clicking.So far this month I have helped fund 96 mammograms and that's a great thing. if we all clicked every day, imagine how many people we could help.