Dedmond 10.0 /8 reb /2.5 asst /1 blk

Bench:

Bogdan 15.8 / 4 asst / 4 reb
Giles 9.1 /7 reb/ 2 asst
Joseph 6.3 /4 asst /2 reb
Ariza 6.0 / 4 reb / 1 asst
Bejlecia 6.0 /3 reb /1.5 asst
Rest of bench is mostly spot minutes
That was actually more what I had in mind. I actually thought I would get blasted for going to high so I kept it on the low end lol. Apparently everybody is on the same optimistic page this season. That’s dangerous because people will get more angry than last year with a bad loss

I think people need to remember that more shots isn't the only way to increase your scoring. The Warriors were 2nd in the league in scoring last season while the Kings were 9th, but the Warriors took fewer shot attempts than the Kings. It's called efficiency, and getting to the line more. Buddy can take the same amount of shots as last season, but get to the line 4 or 5 more times per game and easily score 23 pts a game.

Kevin Martin was a perfect example of how a player could score a lot of points on few shots. He was a master at getting to the line. Harden scores about a third of his points at the line, averaging 11.4 attempts a game, while Buddy averaged only 2.4 attempts. Not saying that's all going to happen, but that its possible.
2.4 attempts is just a little over 1 trip per game. If Buddy wants to improve his game he has to draw more fouls.

That was actually more what I had in mind. I actually thought I would get blasted for going to high so I kept it on the low end lol. Apparently everybody is on the same optimistic page this season. That’s dangerous because people will get more angry than last year with a bad loss
Well per 36 Bagley scored 19 ppg which includes a slow start. If you look at his last 15 games per 36 he averaged 24.2. Reports of Bagley’s improvement have been pretty commonplace this summer.

It seems hard to envision Bagley not averaging over 20 with starter minutes and improvement.

If anyone doesn’t hit 20 among Bagley, Fox and Hield.... it would have to be Fox. He averaged 17.3 ppg but if he is going to the be the all-star many expect he will have to take his game up another notch. I wrongly bet against him last year.

I think Bagley will be the Kings' top scorer for the season in terms of PPG
This will become abundantly obvious within the first ten games. He could easily be a 25pt guy.... this year. The league has no answer for him. All the vets we signed are only going to help his game and open the floor.

Well per 36 Bagley scored 19 ppg which includes a slow start. If you look at his last 15 games per 36 he averaged 24.2. Reports of Bagley’s improvement have been pretty commonplace this summer.

It seems hard to envision Bagley not averaging over 20 with starter minutes and improvement.

If anyone doesn’t hit 20 among Bagley, Fox and Hield.... it would have to be Fox. He averaged 17.3 ppg but if he is going to the be the all-star many expect he will have to take his game up another notch. I wrongly bet against him last year.
One would hope that Bagley makes that huge jump in year 2, but that is not a guarantee.

If he averages a double-double (i.e. 18+ and 10+) in his 2nd year and first year starting, that is a great accomplishment.

As a fan base, I think having too high of expectations for a young player, could be detrimental to their development. Having to reach fan expectations of a 20-24 ppg expectations can lead to a great let down for the player and the fans.

I think it would be better to temper those expectations until the player can really get their feet wet and establish themselves as a solid starter, before we put perennial All-Star number expectations on the young man.

We also have 2 borderline All-Stars talents with Fox and Buddy already on the team, so no need for Bagley to have to lead the Kings in scoring in his first year starting. Especially now that the NBA has become a perimeter oriented league.

I believe Fox will come in around 15ppg as I hope his assist #s rise.

Bagley still has work to do so I still see him hovering around 18 to 20 ppg.

I think with Buddy if he can get to the line a few more times come in around 24 to 25ppg.

Then we should have a bunch in the 13 to 15ppg range with hopefully a surprise or two.

One would hope that Bagley makes that huge jump in year 2, but that is not a guarantee.

If he averages a double-double (i.e. 18+ and 10+) in his 2nd year and first year starting, that is a great accomplishment.

As a fan base, I think having too high of expectations for a young player, could be detrimental to their development. Having to reach fan expectations of a 20-24 ppg expectations can lead to a great let down for the player and the fans.

I think it would be better to temper those expectations until the player can really get their feet wet and establish themselves as a solid starter, before we put perennial All-Star number expectations on the young man.

We also have 2 borderline All-Stars talents with Fox and Buddy already on the team, so no need for Bagley to have to lead the Kings in scoring in his first year starting. Especially now that the NBA has become a perimeter oriented league.
I think the expectations for Bagley aren’t excessive given he averaged 24 ppg per 36 the last 15 games.

Fox : 19 pts 8 ast
He will not score much more because he has to share the scoring with Buddy and Bagley, but he will be more effective and the focal point on offense

Buddy : 21 pts
About the same as last season

Barnes : 12 pts
A little bit less than last season. I think he will return to do what he does best : a luxuary role player

Bagley : 22 pts 11 reb
Given his production at the end of last season and with minutes increasing, I thing he's very capable of averaging those numbers in sophomore year. I have no doubt he will put big stats. The question is will he play winning basketball ?

Dedmon : 10 pts 8 reb
He will be the 5th offensive option in the starting 5 so I don't expect a big stats boost from him. But I think he will be very valuable and we will love him.

Bogdanovic : 15.7 pts 4 ast
No more SF and coming from a very good performance at the FIBA World, he will be one of the best 6th men in the NBA.

Giles : 13 pts 7 reb
If he can stay healthy, I expect a breakout season for him. Too much talent.

Joseph : 6 pts and good defense
Ariza : 8 pts

Way too many points in that projection :oops:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
He will not score much more because he has to share the scoring with Buddy and Bagley, but he will be more effective and the focal point on offense

A little bit less than last season. I think he will return to do what he does best : a luxuary role player

Given his production at the end of last season and with minutes increasing, I thing he's very capable of averaging those numbers in sophomore year. I have no doubt he will put big stats. The question is will he play winning basketball ?

He will be the 5th offensive option in the starting 5 so I don't expect a big stats boost from him. But I think he will be very valuable and we will love him.

No more SF and coming from a very good performance at the FIBA World, he will be one of the best 6th men in the NBA.

Actually, I don't think it's too many points. Last season the Kings averaged 114.2 ppg and you've projected 118 ppg. I don't think projecting 4 more points per game is that much of a reach, especially if this team lives up to expectations. My expectation was for the Kings to average around 117 ppg, so what's one more point? The important stat will be how many points per game the Kings allow. They've been on the wrong side of that stat for 8 or 9 years. This is the year they need to reverse it.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm focusing on the PER stat. Efficient play is going to bring a playoff berth; inefficient play isn't. Last year Bagley led the team at 18.93, then Fox at 18.18 and Buddy at 17.60. I want them all to break the 20 mark. If that happens, I feel confident the Kings will make the playoffs. In fact, if Bagley can just stay around 19 I'd be happy as a daisy because this year he will have more minutes and against starting competition. Barnes should skyrocket from his 12.32 PER to around 16.0, which is what he averaged between 2016-2018. His transition period with the Kings really hurt him and he came on bigtime when he got more comfortable. Bogs also has the potential to skyrocket, as his PER was a low 14.12 last year and now it looks like he's back at the position he was born for - the two guard. Bogs should get up to the 17 or greater mark this coming season if he is to contribute to a playoff berth.

I think Fox wont average much more than last year, in points. But I could see him averaging 10-11 assists with this group. 18 and 10.5 is where I would put him, on higher efficiency. Bagley I can see at 22-9.5. Buddy around 22.5 ppg. Barnes and Bogie around 15-16.

I think they are going to be even more exciting and explosive than last year tho. And more efficient in both the half court and on the break.

I like your prediction, but you forgot Bjelica. I think he'll be around 6-8 ppg. Ariza and Giles will be slightly lower imo.
I feel like Fox will drop around (15-17 ppg). I think he surpasses 10 apg and could lead the league in asts.

Last edited: