Perry Jones workout and interview video:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I'm pretty convinced he can dunk the ball and occasionally hit a jumper, so I'm not sure if a 1-on-0 workout video helps his case much in my mind. I love his size and agility, but I really wish he had found a way to be, not even dominant, but merely a convincing player at Baylor. If he can put it all together, bang! He is the kind of guy that probably goes higher than we suspect, because he's almost guaranteed to wow in at least one workout. He scares me, but as far as risk-reward picks go he and Drummond would seem to be in a class by themselves in this draft.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty convinced he can dunk the ball and occasionally hit a jumper, so I'm not sure if a 1-on-0 workout video helps his case much in my mind. I love his size and agility, but I really wish he had found a way to be, not even dominant, but merely a convincing player at Baylor. If he can put it all together, bang! He is the kind of guy that probably goes higher than we suspect, because he's almost guaranteed to wow in at least one workout. He scares me, but as far as risk-reward picks go he and Drummond would seem to be in a class by themselves in this draft.
Well I didn't need to see a workout video of Jones to see what he's capable of. I know what he can do, the question is, will he do it. I'd hoped for some enlightment in the interview, but didn't really get anything I could wrap my arms around. As for Drummond, I went back through history and looked at the results of players that had a similar rep coming into the draft. And I'd say they had about a 90% failure rate. I almost posted a quote from him from his twitter account. I decided not to, but maybe its appropiate. And I paraphrase, "Sometimes when things get too tense, I wish I had wings and I could just fly away."

Thats not the kind of attitude I'm looking for in a player. I'd be very concerned with drafting him.