[ORL/LAL] 2009 NBA Champions - Magic or Lakers?

Who will win and in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol even if they fix the calls.. it wont help unless the refs start guarding the 3point shooters

i hope the magic win this i want hedo to get a ring

and i wont mind superman aka howard becoming green lantern if he gets his too

Good write up Arby.....
but you're wrong it will be Magics in 6. ;)

I like going for the underdog. It's more fun when they win but to be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing Kobe win a championship without Shaq.

I'm hoping Kobe and the Lakers walk in the court very confident and come down crashing when the Magic beats them. More like what happened with the Cavs (perfect example was Game 1). Just remember how the Cavs were playing over confident in the 1st half up by so much points then got shocked at the end by a clutch 3 by Lewis. After that, the Cavs were on their heels for the rest of the series. I also like it when the Magic playing catch-up, i think they play better that way and win more games as compared to when they're up most of the game. Hoping the Magic can pull something like what Boston did last year to the Lakers. Dwight is KG (inside/defense), Lewis is Allen (3ball) and Hedo is Pierce (P&Roll, playmaker)!! Not all-star/HOF level but hoping for the same effect.

On a side note, if i was Lakers/Cavs, i would pick-n-roll to death Kobe/Lebron and get Howard on the switch. After a few drives i'm pretty sure Howard get's into foul trouble. No Dwight in the paint means less potent Magic team.

so now it's looking more and more likely that jameer nelson is going to be playing in this series. if i were the magic, i'd have him come back in game 3 for the emotional boost in case they are down 0-2 at that point.

how much of an impact does an 75%-90% nelson have on this series??

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
so now it's looking more and more likely that jameer nelson is going to be playing in this series. if i were the magic, i'd have him come back in game 3 for the emotional boost in case they are down 0-2 at that point.

how much of an impact does an 75%-90% nelson have on this series??
he's not going to be 75-90%

more like 55-70%

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It was Pau Gasol that finished off the Nuggets, not Kobe Bryant so perhaps Orlando does have an edge here. It's hard to see Pau dominating Howard down low. Foul trouble is going to be a huge factor in this series. Howard needs to stay on the floor, and he needs to keep hitting his free throws. I like that Orlando usually plays well on the road too. If both teams play like they did in the Conference Finals I think Orlando takes it handily, but is it realistic for them to keep shooting the lights out like that? I hope so.

howard needs to watch out for fouls... perhaps move lewis or hedo at the 2... and put in battie at the 4.. make a huge HUGE line up.

he also needs to cool down on his emotions he has 5 techs...

howard needs to watch out for fouls... perhaps move lewis or hedo at the 2... and put in battie at the 4.. make a huge HUGE line up.

he also needs to cool down on his emotions he has 5 techs...
If they should bring in anyone it should be Gortat at the 4. He's been playing well.

i wouldnt make any changes in the starting lineup. do what you did that got you to the finals. but i would of course remove johnsons minutes and give them to nelson.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And so, after an almost interminable break, the finals will begin tonight...

I had to laugh at the ongoing squabbles between Kobe and Shaq. Kobe saying Shaq wouldn't have had rings without him????? Does the brave little soldier not recognize the Maimi title?

Kobe has issues. I have to believe he still has trouble reconciling his self-image of best ever to play the game with the undeniable fact that Shaquille O'Neal was able to go to a different team and get a ring while he - Kobe - hasn't been able to stay with the LAKERS and do the same without Shaq.

This will be an interesting first game. I think the Magic have to come out and set a tone to carry through for the entire series.

And so, after an almost interminable break, the finals will begin tonight...

I had to laugh at the ongoing squabbles between Kobe and Shaq. Kobe saying Shaq wouldn't have had rings without him????? Does the brave little soldier not recognize the Maimi title?
Two ways you can look at it. Would Shaq have won titles or even gotten to the Finals w/o Kobe specifically or, b) without the help of any premier guard. Can't say that he would've done either since he's had one every time he's made the Finals or won a title. Whether he could've won without Kobe specifically is up for debate, but I personally never bought the notion that Tmac or VC were interchangeable w/ Kobe. That belief has only become solidified w/ each passing year of Tmac's and VC's careers.

No way in hades, imo, that he beats the 2000 Blazers w/o Kobe or a premier guard. Most likely no title in 2002 being that it went to OT of Gm7.

2006 was more Wade's doing (or refs & Wade depending on who you ask).

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Two ways you can look at it. Would Shaq have won titles or even gotten to the Finals w/o Kobe specifically or, b) without the help of any premier guard. Can't say that he would've done either since he's had one every time he's made the Finals or won a title. Whether he could've won without Kobe specifically is up for debate, but I personally never bought the notion that Tmac or VC were interchangeable w/ Kobe. That belief has only become solidified w/ each passing year of Tmac's and VC's careers.

No way in hades, imo, that he beats the 2000 Blazers w/o Kobe or a premier guard. Most likely no title in 2002 being that it went to OT of Gm7.

2006 was more Wade's doing (or refs & Wade depending on who you ask).
My comment doesn't depend on hypotheticals about whether or not Shaq could have won with the Lakers and a different two guard. My point was that Kobe is still letting Shaq occupy way too much of his brain, and I suspect at some level he actually has the same question but will never admit it.

He's attempting to exorcise demons in this final series. He wants to prove TO HIMSELF that he can get the jewelry without the Big Artistotle/Sunburn/Cactus...

And whether or not 2006 had more to do with Wade than Shaq simply proves that Shaq CAN get the job done with a different guard in the mix.

:)

Early in game 1 and the Laker calls are already raining through. I still like the Magic's chances of stealing this game, however. Especially if Nelson has any sort of impact.

Early in game 1 and the Laker calls are already raining through. I still like the Magic's chances of stealing this game, however. Especially if Nelson has any sort of impact.
The zebras can't help but cheat for LA - they've been brainwashed by Stern! :D

I really hope Hedo gets a ring

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
For what it's worth, I've decided life is too short to watch an NBA finals where it's actually just a Lakers love fest. Even JVG cannot find a way to keep from fawning about the Lakers? It's his freaking brother coaching the Magic...

Speaking of Magic, the "interview" with Kobe was about as sacchrin a piece of sports journalism as I've ever seen - and I've watched a lot of drivel in my many years as a fan of the NBA.

I'm not watching any longer. I'm going to put my time to better use and watch Burn Notice and Royal Pains.

And when do the freaking Lakers have to start wearing white at home like every other NBA team????? ...

Blech.

Have your fun, Laker fans. I cannot even summon enough interest to argue about anything any longer. Your team - with the soon to be annointed "best center ever" Andrew Bynum - may win a trophy but I'm not going to subject myself to having to watch.

double blech...

Status
Not open for further replies.