Omri Casspi for Landry Fields

The value disparity here doesn't seem drastic, though I haven't seen much of Fields. He might be more of a SG/SF like Garcia than the SF/PF or pure SF we'd prefer.

Casspi + our 2nd rounder?

Fields seems like a great glue guy to fit in around Cousins and Evans. He shoots a good percentage, including from 3. He can rebound. For a rookie, he's a good defender.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
New York would laugh us out of the building-- they really really like Fields, and they should. Perfect roleplayer mentality.

Do think New York is one of the obvious places where Casspi could have extra value in trade due to his nationality, but no way we could get Fields for him.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The value disparity here doesn't seem drastic, though I haven't seen much of Fields. He might be more of a SG/SF like Garcia than the SF/PF or pure SF we'd prefer.

Casspi + our 2nd rounder?

Fields seems like a great glue guy to fit in around Cousins and Evans. He shoots a good percentage, including from 3. He can rebound. For a rookie, he's a good defender.
Great idea. No chance in hell that New York would do the deal as is, but yeah, I'd love to have Fields. Fields was one of those guys in college that played within the system of his team. Similar to Cousins, some of his talents were hidden by that system. I'm hoping, that if for some reason we end up drafting Perry Jones, that he falls into the same catagory. Because his are really well hidden..

The value is on par, but like others have stated, the Knicks value Fields more than his on-court production would indicate.
He's obviously valuable; but I doubt he's untouchable. He didn't go over in the Denver trade. There were rumors Denver didn't like him, but that's hard to believe. It may have been "Wilson Chandler or Landry Fields, but not both". Either guy is a good role player.

Maybe Casspi + our 1st for Fields and their 1st? Too much to give up?

He's obviously valuable; but I doubt he's untouchable. He didn't go over in the Denver trade. There were rumors Denver didn't like him, but that's hard to believe. It may have been "Wilson Chandler or Landry Fields, but not both". Either guy is a good role player.

Maybe Casspi + our 1st for Fields and their 1st? Too much to give up?
too much to give our 1st. hes a nice pick up but a high lotto pick + a good prospect in omri?

gunks

Hall of Famer
If we fall out of the top 5, which is likely with our current streak of good play, I actually wouldnt mind a Casspi +1st for Fields+1st.

Word is, if you're picking 6th you might as well be picking 15th. A lot of solid if not spectacular talent after the dropoff from the top tiers of prospects.

I'm still questioning whether we should give up Casspi. Yes, I know that defensively he's currently a liability and that offensively he doesn't have much of an interior game but if we could change our offense to be more aggressive, especially the second team, I think he could be quite valuable in the open court. We've made huge strides in our rebounding but we still, for the most part (especially with Evans handling the ball) walk the ball up and let the defense get set. We need to outlet pass, push it up faster and allow our athleticism (JT, DC,DG) to get easy baskets. Casspi can be a big part of that, especially in a reserve roll. I don't see him starting form many teams in the league as he intimates.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
We need to rid our selves one or two mediocre SFs and that would be #1 Casspi because he could become a problem because he actually wants to play or #2 Donte because I don't think he cares and unless I am mislabelinghim, I don't le that. Cisco could go to BUT I think his leadershipjust might have a lot to do with our success. He looks after everybody and that is a very nice quality. This is all sdependent on getting a vet SF. It's too bad this three headed creature of moderate competence was together for a year. None are good enough start and none deserve no minutes at all.

I'm not going to spculate or dream though. Getiin' too old for that., I think.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
I'm still questioning whether we should give up Casspi. Yes, I know that defensively he's currently a liability and that offensively he doesn't have much of an interior game but if we could change our offense to be more aggressive, especially the second team, I think he could be quite valuable in the open court. We've made huge strides in our rebounding but we still, for the most part (especially with Evans handling the ball) walk the ball up and let the defense get set. We need to outlet pass, push it up faster and allow our athleticism (JT, DC,DG) to get easy baskets. Casspi can be a big part of that, especially in a reserve roll. I don't see him starting form many teams in the league as he intimates.
I think it's because he would also be our most tradeable asset at the SF position. Teams might be willing to send a bit more our way for Casspi, who has had moments of solid competence, and he is under contract for a few more years.

Casspi's game isn't a problem for me. If he was on another team; I'd be looking at him as a possible young option for our SF position. His attitude on the other hand makes him a bad fit for our role playing SF. If he puts in the work; I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up a better rebounding version of K-Martin or Peja. Both those guys need sets run for them and that's where Casspi sees himself. Fields just seems like a perfect fit for our team and while he's likely to cost a lot; he's nowhere near untouchable.

I love fields-but thinks that its always easier to shine beside 2 star player as Amare and Melo are.
You get easier shots and have more space.
NY would be stupid to accept this deal in any case.