OMG! Kings recall

Jahmi'us Ramsey

Now if they would waive cojo.

Numbers don't all the whole story, but the partial story of JR's numbers on the JV hardly inspire.

"The Sacramento Kings today announced the team has recalled guard Jahmi’us Ramsey from the Agua Caliente Clippers of the NBA G League. At the NBA G League single site in Orlando, Fla., Ramsey appeared in 12 games (7 starts) and accrued averages of 9.8 points (.356 FG%, .224 3pt%, .857 FT%), 2.5 rebounds, 0.9 assists and 21.0 minutes per game for the Clippers. 3 hours ago – via NBA.com"

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
He had some good moments though which is all you can ask for a truly young prospect. Now it's up to him to keep improving and for the team to develop him in a way that will allow him to potentially find a role with the team long term.

The_Jamal

Hall of Famer
Numbers don't all the whole story, but the partial story of JR's numbers on the JV hardly inspire.

"The Sacramento Kings today announced the team has recalled guard Jahmi’us Ramsey from the Agua Caliente Clippers of the NBA G League. At the NBA G League single site in Orlando, Fla., Ramsey appeared in 12 games (7 starts) and accrued averages of 9.8 points (.356 FG%, .224 3pt%, .857 FT%), 2.5 rebounds, 0.9 assists and 21.0 minutes per game for the Clippers. 3 hours ago – via NBA.com"
Ramsey was always going to be a long-term play. I think he's the 2nd youngest player with an NBA contract? (or 7th, something along those lines). Hopefully we can get summer league back this year and a full off-season developmental program for him. Think it will do wonders.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Ramsey was always going to be a long-term play. I think he's the 2nd youngest player with an NBA contract? (or 7th, something along those lines). Hopefully we can get summer league back this year and a full off-season developmental program for him. Think it will do wonders.
I think he was youngest or 2nd youngest in the draft last year, but there is another who is younger that came in this year, not sure how that worked.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think he was youngest or 2nd youngest in the draft last year, but there is another who is younger that came in this year, not sure how that worked.
Looks to me like there were six guys in the draft younger than Ramsey:

Anthony Edwards
LaMelo Ball
Patrick Williams
Killian Hayes
Aleksej Pokusevski
Theo Maledon

So, he's young but not quite #1 or #2.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Looks to me like there were six guys in the draft younger than Ramsey:

Anthony Edwards
LaMelo Ball
Patrick Williams
Killian Hayes
Aleksej Pokusevski
Theo Maledon

So, he's young but not quite #1 or #2.
Oh well that's weird as I remember reading he was so young in the pre-draft scouting reports when I looked him up after we picked him.