Old Trade Thread (no longer need to post all trades here)

The one and only! All trades here!

From the looks of our stats Bench Scoring and Front Court Rebounding is our glaring weakness.

Who can we trade?
Who we can we get?

Last edited:
P

playmaker0017

If the team wants to move away from the Princeton - then Andre Miller would be nice.

CaminoChaos said:
Martin Has had problems with the knee he had surgery on.
With our luck we'd get him and then his knee would explode:(

Anyways, I don't know. Everybody here seems to want to trade the 3 best guys on the team, and nobody else.

BMiller52 said:
With our luck we'd get him and then his knee would explode:(

Anyways, I don't know. Everybody here seems to want to trade the 3 best guys on the team, and nobody else.
That's because we can get the most value from the best players. I'd rather do a blockbuster and try to recreate the team with a superstar than just trade around the periphery and hope that a slightly improved bench will make the team better.

by the way, who are you defining as our 3 best players? at this point that seems like a very contentious issue.

S

Smart_guy3

Some guy on BBall.net is reporting that Indiana & Minnesota are in verbal agreement to send Jermaine O'Neal Scott Pollard Danny Granger and Jonathan Bender for Kevin Garnett Wally & Hassel.

The Kings are known to take chances on players with bad attitudes (ie. Webber, Wells), so why not send Corlis to Portland for Ruben Patterson? The Kings need an up grade at the swing position and Patterson says he wants no part of the youth movement in Portland. Also, Portland has said that they want some veteran leadership- Corliss fits that bill.

Patterson has averaged 10.0 ppg, 4.1 rpg, and 1.1 spg in 23.7 min throughout his career. Seems like he could be a spark w/ Kenny Thomas off the bench + be more consistant than Martin or Garcia. At least it would provide an alternative to bringing both Martin and Garcia into the game at the same time.

Smart_guy3 said:
Some guy on BBall.net is reporting that Indiana & Minnesota are in verbal agreement to send Jermaine O'Neal Scott Pollard Danny Granger and Jonathan Bender for Kevin Garnett Wally & Hassel.

He's BSing. Also we don't want ruben patterson, he tried to rape his daughter's babysitter. Yeah he was punished but he's a very bad man.

Smart_guy3 said:
what? bball.net is an under construction site to bring basketball to brooklyn. and why would some poster on some obscure site be the first to break news like that? this hardly even deserves the title of "internet rumor"

Swingman depth/spark off bench

Patterson also cursed at Nate the other day. Leading to him being placed on the inactive list yesterday.

Portland/Nate wants more veteran players and foward depth.

Nonetheless, I'd still take him, I like him as a player. Also, he'd be especially good/convenient because he's a SG/SF.

Other guys to consider:

-Jarvis Hayes
-Wesley Person
-Rodney White
-Tremaine Fowlkes
-Theron Smith (just to mention him ;) )
-Tim Thomas (seems like Chicago doesn't care for him, and he doesn't care for the situation)
-Felipe Lopez
-Lucious Harris

Last edited:
S

Smart_guy3

Hey guys I thought about a Idea.

Outgoing:
Brad Miller
Peja
Skinner
Garcia
#1 pick

Incoming:
Kevin Garnett

Would you guys do it?

Kings113 said:
Patterson also cursed at Nate the other day.

Portland/Nate wants more veteran players and foward depth.

Nonetheless, I'd still take him, I like him as a player. Also, he'd be especially good/convenient because he's a SG/SF.
Also on top of that, he's had great chemistry with former teammate Bonzi Wells.

P

playmaker0017

BMiller52 said:
Yeah but we'd have no center, SAR would have to go for one.
The magic of KG is that he's basically a center.

It's a position title ... nothing more.

I mean, is Miller REALLY a center?

You slide Reef or KG into the "center" role on offense and then play off of that.

playmaker0017 said:
The magic of KG is that he's basically a center.

It's a position title ... nothing more.

I mean, is Miller REALLY a center?

You slide Reef or KG into the "center" role on offense and then play off of that.
They can't defend C's though, both are too small.

I seem to remember that Minnesota wanted to move Wally & recently I've read that Olowokandi is possibly on the block. I would bet a trade for KG would have to also include one or both of them.

Maybe Peja, Brad, Kenny for KG + Olowokandi?

P

playmaker0017

BMiller52 said:
They can't defend C's though, both are too small.
Kevin Garnett is 7'0". Hardly too small. There's only two legit centers that could really just own Garnett and that's Shaq and Yao ... but what center other than Shaq or Yao really CAN stop them?

Garnett is also very quick.

You could run a 2-3 zone for the most part and let Garnett patrol the middle as an imposing shot blocker, rather than making him guard an individual the whole game.

Reef and Garnett are versatile.

WalMatt23 said:
I seem to remember that Minnesota wanted to move Wally & recently I've read that Olowokandi is possibly on the block. I would bet a trade for KG would have to also include one or both of them.

Maybe Peja, Brad, Kenny for KG + Olowokandi?
Ya, from what I have read I understand that he is on the block too and most likely will be traded with him. Basically because he sucks and they want him out.

I would take Olowokandi ANYDAY if we get KG in also. :D

I would love to have KG here.. Trade Brad/Peja for KG, and play that man at C..

KG
SAR
Martin
Wells
Bibby

Than in the off season move Martin to the SG, and try to get a guy like Bowen (meaning someone that plays D and only D)

I'm of the opinion that it doesn't make sense to trade two of the core for KG because the remaining players won't be good enough to be a contending supporting cast for the immediate future. KG is in the peak of his career now, but I don't know if it makes sense to try and build a contender around him a few years from now when he's on the downside of his career.

All five of the starters are capable 2nd and 3rd and 4th guys behind KG. Now would be the best time, while they're still relatively young and useful.

nbrans said:
I'm of the opinion that it doesn't make sense to trade two of the core for KG because the remaining players won't be good enough to be a contending supporting cast for the immediate future. KG is in the peak of his career now, but I don't know if it makes sense to try and build a contender around him a few years from now when he's on the downside of his career.
I disagree. First, if the rumors are to be believed, Peja may be gone next year anyway, so why not include him in part of a trade? Second, a trade that included KT would reduce the apparent friction caused from him having to come off the bench (not to mention getting rid of a big salary). After a trade of peja/miller/KT for garnett/olowokandi, our starting line up might look this:

pg: bibby
sg: bonzi
sf: Garnett
pf: SAR
C: Olowokandi/Skinner

That looks pretty good to me. I'd rather take our lumps with this lineup this year and move forward with a core of Bibby/SAR/Garnett than Bibby/SAR/Miller, assuming peja leaves and we get nothing in return (ie Mobley).

nbrans said:
What?!? How is KG plus any 3 of our starters not a contender?
Bibby-Bonzi-Peja-KG-Skinner
Bibby-Peja-SAR-KG-Skinner
Bibby-Garcia-SAR-KG-Miller
Hart-Bonzi-SAR-KG-Miller
Hart-Peja-SAR-KG-Miller
Hart-Bonzi-Peja-SAR-KG

any of those teams, plus whatever other permutations there are, are very very good teams. I challenge you to find one trade of 2 of our starters for KG in which we are worse off after the trade. It's simply not possible to make the team worse that way. Hell, I'd say we could trade any 3 of our starters-just draw them out of a hat-and we're still better with KG. Which is exactly why I think Sac should be the frontrunner to get KG, and why we should go after him with everything we've got. Hell, we talked to Phil Jackson, why can't we call up the Twolves and see what can be done?

The most logical trade for KG involving any of the 3 would be Peja and Brad. Mike is an ideal point guard for KG and if that were to happen you would just move Reef to the SF and put Skinner at the center and there you have it. Also, any trade idea that involves starting Martin at the 2 is a bad idea.

Diabeticwonder said:
The most logical trade for KG involving any of the 3 would be Peja and Brad. Mike is an ideal point guard for KG and if that were to happen you would just move Reef to the SF and put Skinner at the center and there you have it. Also, any trade idea that involves starting Martin at the 2 is a bad idea.
I would personally put KG on opposing 3's. He is much quicker than SAR.

Alright, here's my personal ideal trade: Mike, Peja and SAR, or, if possible, Mike and SAR or Mike and Peja. Either way, put KG at C and Brad at PF. We have to great passing big men to initiate the offense, we really don't need a PG to run it. Allow us to play a guy like Jason Hart, or another aquisition, who can play D, rebound, do dirty work that is secondary to scoring and running the offense. Keep Bonzi onboard to continue to be a rebounding machine, give us some offense. Play KT at SF, where he can score a decent amount and give us some rebounds. If we could somehow keep Peja onboard that team would be absolutely unstoppable:
Hart
Bonzi
Peja
Brad
KG
Garnett cleaning up the boards, Brad shooting all the midrange jumpers, getting the ball out to Peja who burns everyone, Bonzi remains our power guard who gets all the boards that Kevin and Brad miss, Hart gives some extra defensive umph, and suddenly we forget how soft Peja is. And, as an added bonus, this team can score like none other. This would be tough to pull off- Bibby, Reef, Thomas for Garnett? Not really, since the Wolves already have Jaric. Then again, make it a 3-team deal, find some team willing to give Minny a better player in exchange for Jaric, then we might have to ship that third team a chunk of our bench- Garcia, Martin, Corliss, Skinner- whoever they're interested in. Pipe dream, yeah, but I still like to think about it. A lot.