Offseason/Pre-season News articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ClutchPoints

The Sacramento Kings are looking to turn things around after another season of missing the playoffs. Sacramento has gone all in to build a roster that can compete for a spot in the playoffs. The Western Conference is going to be highly competitive as almost every team will be making a playoff push.

Continue reading...

S

Sporting News

He's been to France, Spain and now Sacramento, with new Kings head coach Mike Brown making the call to tell him he's earned a contract. "Probably in like February was when my agent said, 'listen, the NBA interest is real,'" Moneke stated. "In the Sacramento case, the day of my Champions League final (May 8), I woke up to a missed call from Mike Brown.

Continue reading...

A

abc10.com

Pete Carril, the rumpled, cigar-smoking basketball coach who led Princeton to 11 appearances in the NCAA Tournament, where his teams unnerved formidable opponents and rattled March Madness with old-school fundamentals, died Monday. He was 92. Princeton released a statement from Carril's family, which said he died “peacefully this morning.

Continue reading...

E

ESPN.com

With the crisis in Nigeria basketball finally put to bed, head coach Mike Brown wants to see the team make a quick burst off the blocks in the fourth window of the 2023 FIBA World Cup qualification. As Nigeria go into the series of games in Ivory Coast this weekend, Brown wants his wards to stem the tide of losing starts, which has plagued the team over the last two qualifying windows (they didn't play in the third window).

Continue reading...

K

KCRA 3 Sacramento

NCAA scouts were in Sacramento on Wednesday touring the city as a potential host for the women’s Final Four tournament between 2027 and 2031. Sacramento is one of the seven finalists for the tournament. If awarded to Sacramento, the NCAA Women's Final Four would be the biggest tournament of its kind to be held in the city.

Continue reading...

NCAA scouts were in Sacramento on Wednesday touring the city as a potential host for the women’s Final Four tournament between 2027 and 2031. Sacramento is one of the seven finalists for the tournament. If awarded to Sacramento, the NCAA Women's Final Four would be the biggest tournament of its kind to be held in the city.

Continue reading...
This would be awesome, but why stop at just the Final Four? Let's host the National Championship as well!!!

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
This would be awesome, but why stop at just the Final Four? Let's host the National Championship as well!!!
I believe the issue is similar to the problem with hosting the NBA All-Star game (though possibly worse) - there just aren't enough hotel rooms in a reasonable radius to accommodate the incoming fans and media. It's a nice dream, though, and G1C is certainly top-notch.

I believe the issue is similar to the problem with hosting the NBA All-Star game (though possibly worse) - there just aren't enough hotel rooms in a reasonable radius to accommodate the incoming fans and media. It's a nice dream, though, and G1C is certainly top-notch.
Yeah...I agree. We call all keep on dreaming. Maybe our dreams will one day turn into reality.

C

CBS-Sacramento

You know the NBA season is right around the corner when the Sacramento Kings host their annual media day, previewing the season. Sacramento is trying to end a 16-year playoff drought -- the longest in league history. There is reason for optimism this season as the team has put together possibly the best roster over that stretch.

Continue reading...

A

Associated Press

Mike Brown has history with De’Aaron Fox. The first-year Sacramento Kings coach, who spent the last six seasons with the Golden State Warriors as an assistant, first got a glimpse of Fox while helping at an Adidas Nations Camp. Fox was in high school at the time.

Continue reading...

N

NBC Sports BayArea

One of the biggest questions heading into the Kings' upcoming 2022-23 season is who will be getting their name called as the starting two-guard when the season opens against the Portland Trail Blazers on Oct. 19 at Golden 1 Center.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.