OFFICIAL trade thread. Post trade proposals HERE! (merged)

Kings @ Spurs trade idea

what do you guys think of this trade

Kings get:

Rasho and Brent Barry

Spurs get:

Kenny Thomas and Corliss Williamson

I would love this trade b/c it gives us a backup center that can block shots and it give us a guy that is proven and can come in for the 2 and 3.

Last edited:
DocHolliday said:
Why in the HELL, would Spurs trade ANYONE that they have. Right now they are so loaded they can take ANYONE.
This is why

http://probasketballnews.com/ARPage.html

The arrival of Finley and Van Exel most likely means the end of the Brent Barry era in San Antonio. While neither of those two can pass as well as Barry, each is more likely to become the type of lockdown defender coveted by Popovich.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]• Sadly, it probably also means that [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Devin Brown[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] will no longer be a Spur. I say [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]sadly[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] because Brown is one of the league’s best success stories, having played high school, college and pro ball in the same city (he attended the University of Texas-San Antonio). The good news? Brown has proved himself enough to warrant a spot somewhere else in the league. Milwaukee, Denver and Houston are all said to be interested.
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]• The only real issue in San Antonio is at center. Starter [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Nazr Mohammed[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] is serviceable, but it doesn’t appear that [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Rasho Nesterovic[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] will be back -- leaving the Spurs without a backup in the pivot. Then again, they can always put Duncan on the low block and bring in [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Robert Horry[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] or newcomer [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Fabricio Oberto[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif].
[/font]

DocHolliday said:
Why in the HELL, would Spurs trade ANYONE that they have. Right now they are so loaded they can take ANYONE.
This is exactly what went through my head as I bailed out of this thread.

The idea of a proposed San Antonio/Sacramento trade was too crazy to even read the whole thread. Then I went back to this thread to vent, and of course, read the exact comment that I was planning to make.

I am certain that the Spurs will stand pat with their hand.

I don't think even the Kings would want such a trade to go down. It doesn't help us one bit except maybe with size. Plus we would be giving the Spurs some great role players, further fortifying their roster.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Andriod_KiNg said:
Adding Rasho would be nice, if we where to get rid of Kenny Thomas then how would the contract situation look ? Would we be able to resign Darius ?
Let's say you have 5 dollars in your pocket - a five-dollar bill. You decide to get change and end up with two dollar bills, a 50-cent piece, six quarters, six dimes, four nickels and twenty pennies. You have a lot more pieces but you still have 5 dollars.

The same is true for our contract situation for the upcoming season.