OFFICIAL: Kings trade Webber to Philly!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone wanted him gone now he is an u act like he did anything for the kings besides get hurt and not come tru when he was suppost to yes we didnt get anyone good for him but this will pay out watch

Bricklayer said:
We're rebuilding -- these guys are varieties of mediocre. Can't be long term solutions unless we want to go back to being a lottery team. Just looking at the guys we got back, I don't think there was much thought put into it. Three matching contracts. I say again -- not getting ANY of their young guys is just terrible. 76ers shed mediocre players with long contracts, keep all their young talnet -- great great day for them.
I wouldn't say we are exactly rebuilding. Obviously that is not what the GM thinks. HE DID NOT GET EXPRIRING CONTRACTS IN RETURN. Therefore when you wrapped up so much in 3 guys how can you rebuild. We still have Bibby, Cat, Brad, and Peja.

If we move Peja tommorrow than i would say we are rebuilding but we will have to wait and see on that one.

SacTownKid said:
I wouldn't say we are exactly rebuilding. Obviously that is not what the GM thinks. HE DID NOT GET EXPRIRING CONTRACTS IN RETURN. Therefore when you wrapped up so much in 3 guys how can you rebuild. We still have Bibby, Cat, Brad, and Peja.

If we move Peja tommorrow than i would say we are rebuilding but we will have to wait and see on that one.
curious: if its not rebuilding then what would ya call it?

especially considering the only major holdovers form last season are bibby, miller, stojakovic, jackson, and songaila. rebuilding is never a quick process, which is why this trade sucks so much. these guys ive mentioned are all gonna be victimized by the rebuilding curse. i absolutely hate using t-mac as an example, but why do ya think he was so eager to get outta orlando? they were losers, rebuilding around him....going nowhere fast. waste of talent. hope this doesnt befall the kings, but if it aint rebuilding, i dunno what it is...

Padrino said:
curious: if its not rebuilding then what would ya call it?

especially considering the only major holdovers form last season are bibby, miller, stojakovic, jackson, and songaila. rebuilding is never a quick process, which is why this trade sucks so much. these guys ive mentioned are all gonna be victimized by the rebuilding curse. i absolutely hate using t-mac as an example, but why do ya think he was so eager to get outta orlando? they were losers, rebuilding around him....going nowhere fast. waste of talent. hope this doesnt befall the kings, but if it aint rebuilding, i dunno what it is...
Then I guess you could say we've been rebuilt, at least for the time being.

Why the f is Mike Lamb trashing Webb on the radio. He never came off as a Webb guy but he was always reserve in his opinion. Now it seems he's trying to steer the discussion elsewhere; Damage control. Why not say what he's been saying tonight when Chris was still here.

Last edited:
ChessKing said:
everyone wanted him gone now he is an u act like he did anything for the kings besides get hurt and not come tru when he was suppost to yes we didnt get anyone good for him but this will pay out watch
Use periods, they actually were invented for a purpose.

To say Chris hasn't done anything for the Kings, makes me think what team have you been watching.

Packt said:
Why the f is Mike Lamb trashing Webb on the radio. He never came off as a Webb guy but he was always reserve in his opinion. Now it seems he's trying to steer things elsewhere. Why not say these things when he was still here.
Mike Lamb is an idiot. I turn off the radio whenever Napear is away and it's just Lamb by himself that day. It's like an idiot caller's dream came true and got his own radio show.

ChessKing said:
excuse me? do you come here often? While there are many people who wanted Webb to be traded there are AT LEAST as many who did not want to trade him. And, of the people who thought we should trade him I think you will find very few who wanted to give him away for so little in return. Give me a break.

Well, I think some of the fans on this board got what they wanted. Sactown keeps Peja the Playoff choker and trades the best player on the team for nothing. Adelman and Petrie got extension for their 'job'.

Here is what Petrie's job is all about :
Philadelphia trades: PF Brian Skinner (2.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.3 minutes)
SF Corliss Williamson (10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes)
PF Kenny Thomas (11.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.6 minutes)
Philadelphia receives: PF Michael Bradley (1.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 6.4 minutes)
PF Chris Webber (21.3 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 36.3 minutes)
SF Matt Barnes (3.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +2.5 ppg, +1.6 rpg, and +4.4 apg.

Sacramento trades: PF Michael Bradley (1.5 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 6.4 minutes)
PF Chris Webber (21.3 ppg, 9.7 rpg, 5.5 apg in 36.3 minutes)
SF Matt Barnes (3.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 1.3 apg in 16.6 minutes)
Sacramento receives: PF Brian Skinner (2.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.3 minutes)
SF Corliss Williamson (10.8 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 22.0 minutes)
PF Kenny Thomas (11.3 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -2.5 ppg, -1.6 rpg, and -4.4 apg.

TRADE DECLINED => nice job regarding the boards!

I'm a Webb fan but as sad as it is I guess I won't follow NBA as much as I've done. Webb's heart was in Sacramento, he said it a couple of times. When on the other hand, Stojakovic basically was a King because he was under contract with Sacramento. Definitely a good move. I hope Peja won't let you down like he's down a thousand times before.

Hi everyone. I am a Laker fan from another board, but I just wanted to drop in here and let you guys know that I too was dissapointed in the Webber trade. The Spurs may be the #1 team in the West right now, but come playoffs the Kings were one Tim Duncan injury away from having a great shot at a ring.

I am really surprised that the owners apparently gave up on this season, especially since they really didn' t get much salary relief in return. At least you know Brad Miller will be a monster in the post without Webber, and Peja should return to last season's form as well. Still, what an awful trade for the Kings.

Good luck to you all.

I honestly feel awful for y'all King fans. For the last few years Webber was the Kings, and to see Petrie and the Kings organization jettison him, along with his 21 pt, 10 reb, 5.5 asst production, in exchange for the services of three overpayed, journeyman stumblebums with grossly long contracts is truly shocking.

For the sake of y'all loyal fans, I truly hope that Petrie's gambit will placate and mollify whatever hurt feelings Peja has been holding on to since last Summer, and that whatever financial benefits the Maloof-owned Kings are ultimately able to accrue by trading off Webber's giant salary in exchange for three 'more easily tradable' large junk contracts, will end up eventually making this ridiculous, abominable-looking trade look like it was a decent 'move for the future'.

In the meantime, again let me say that I hate to see my Mavs eternal playoff rival Kings unfairly gutted like this, and this may sound silly, but I'm actually kind of sad that we probably won't get to see that great 'Rivals Week' Dirk/CWebb commercial anymore...

funsc said:
Poor Kings were robbed by 76ers this time.
Totally. 76ers are going to be schoolin fools now. Can't wait until the Kings play em. Never thought I would be rooting for the the Kings to lose, but Go 76ers. Maybe by then the anger of this trade will fade... but right now I'm not a big Kings fan.

unpossibl1 said:
Hi everyone. I am a Laker fan from another board, but I just wanted to drop in here and let you guys know that I too was dissapointed in the Webber trade. The Spurs may be the #1 team in the West right now, but come playoffs the Kings were one Tim Duncan injury away from having a great shot at a ring.

I am really surprised that the owners apparently gave up on this season, especially since they really didn' t get much salary relief in return. At least you know Brad Miller will be a monster in the post without Webber, and Peja should return to last season's form as well. Still, what an awful trade for the Kings.

Good luck to you all.
the praise and optimism is much appreciated, especially from a laker fan.

gat said:
Totally. 76ers are going to be schoolin fools now. Can't wait until the Kings play em. Never thought I would be rooting for the the Kings to lose, but Go 76ers. Maybe by then the anger of this trade will fade... but right now I'm not a big Kings fan.
then what are you doing on kingsfans.com?

gat said:
That is a pathetic thing to say. I'm sorry but honestly come on.

Bibby_10 said:
I just thought of something. Besides Webber himseld hating this trade. I cant imagine how Bibby feels? He and Webber made an awesome duo.
Honestly, you never know how the players feel. Just because they made an awesome duo, doesn't mean they had a great relationship off the court (even though I doubt they had a bad one, that's for sure). Kobe & Shaq were a great duo, and so were Peja and Chris.

gat said:
Can't wait until the Kings play em. Never thought I would be rooting for the the Kings to lose, but Go 76ers. Maybe by then the anger of this trade will fade... but right now I'm not a big Kings fan.
You just have to wait until Saturday gat. I don't know if Webb will be playing at that that time though.

thx unpossibl1 and EvilMav

ill speak for myself in saying i appreciate your comments

i really thought the rest of the NBA Nation was laughing at us but i guess not...they are just as floored and shocked as we are

Ok it sucks that we didn't get anyone one right now for chris but hey we are not dead in the water. Remember last year when weber was out and we had the best record in the west?!? Then he came back and we slupped. I still think we have a shot plus now we can pick up another superstar later. I love chris but lets see what happens before we pass judgement.

There stilll hasn't been any reasoning behind this trade. It is a slap in the face of Webb, and all the fans. This doesn't even make sense froma business stand point, let alone a personal one. What happened to loyalty?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oh geez. I knew it was going to come to that.

Last year we had Brad Miller AND Vlade Divac. Brad was able to step in at PF and fill in quite nicely. If he does that this year, we have a gaping hole at C. Tag isn't capable of being a starting center, at least not in any really productive sense.

A shot now? At what? The lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.