Now Huerter

Honestly to many small SG's than they got Monk/Carter (specifically Carter to do that role) they need a 3/4 to a 1/2 not even factoring Ellis as well. who will most likely start. Brown would be a good player plus expiring I guess but yeah rather look elsewhere.
Brown is more of a 2/3. I would actually be ok adding him to the team despite his 3pt shooting woes. We need some good defensive wings. The only one we have is Keegan after trading away HB.

But preferably, I also do want someone who's more of a 3/4 flex. Hopefully we can dangle Huerter + a pick

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Huerter+FRP+Jalen (for salary) for Cam Johnson is where I'd go here. Cam is gives you that 3/4 flex wing and basically replicates the shooting loss from Huerter and HB. Fits perfectly with everyone on the squad.
Any way to get Cam and DFS? Either way, I would like to go either route rather than trying to shoehorn BI or Kuzma onto this roster.

Although I am slightly curious if Jalen was anything but a throw in with the Toronto deal. Everyone says he sucks but...

Brown is more of a 2/3. I would actually be ok adding him to the team despite his 3pt shooting woes. We need some good defensive wings. The only one we have is Keegan after trading away HB.

But preferably, I also do want someone who's more of a 3/4 flex. Hopefully we can dangle Huerter + a pick
In terms of size he's a 1/2 I just feel he would take Carters minutes cause Carter looks to play a similar sort of role which for a guy who is 22 already would not be a good thing.

Any way to get Cam and DFS? Either way, I would like to go either route rather than trying to shoehorn BI or Kuzma onto this roster.

Although I am slightly curious if Jalen was anything but a throw in with the Toronto deal. Everyone says he sucks but...
I actually don't think you need both, unless Brown fully committed to Lyles at back-up 5 (he wont):

Fox || Carter
Keon || Monk
DDR || Cam Johnson
Keegan || Lyles
Domas || Len

No weaknesses with a ton of depth and the horsepower to be a top 3 offense in basketball.

Huerter+FRP+Jalen (for salary) for Cam Johnson is where I'd go here. Cam is gives you that 3/4 flex wing and basically replicates the shooting loss from Huerter and HB. Fits perfectly with everyone on the squad.
Don’t think we can include Jalen in an aggregated trade just one for one.

Tough situation because I think I’d prefer to see what this looks like and add at the deadline but also think Kev needs a fresh start.

Don’t think we can include Jalen in an aggregated trade just one for one.

Tough situation because I think I’d prefer to see what this looks like and add at the deadline but also think Kev needs a fresh start.
Ugh, really? I thought we were still below the apron?

Or the Huerter+Lyles money is essentially the Cam Johnson contract. That's not a bad use of Lyles on an expiring (hard to think he'll be back) and it opens up full back-up wing minutes for Cam at the 3/4. Leaves:

Fox
Keon
DDR
Keegan
Domas

with
Monk
Cam
Carter
Len

as your 9 man rotation.

And you leave a little bit of room for someone like Colby Jones, Jalen McDaniels, etc to really come in and secure that last spot. Or fill it with a vet min FA piece.

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
That's a dumb rule? What?
That's not quite right. The rule is that when you receive a player in a trade, you can't aggregate that player's salary with other players as the outgoing portion of another deal for two months. You can trade them by themselves, however. It is kind of a weird rule, though.

That's not quite right. The rule is that when you receive a player in a trade, you can't aggregate that player's salary with other players as the outgoing portion of another deal for two months. You can trade them by themselves, however. It is kind of a weird rule, though.
But I think you could conceivably work around that by making two trades: Huerter and a draft pick for Cam, and then Jaden for a second round pick (so long as Huerter for Cam worked under the cap).

My potential targets on a Huerter trade are: Cam Johnson, DFS, or Grant Williams.

Another interesting option is Huerter for Thuybulle. I think Portland would have to add more salary, so it could actually be something like Huerter for Thuybulle and Kris.
Nah, ThyBulle is terrible. Other than defense, everything else about his game suck. You don't want to pick up a 1-dimensional player...it's a waste of roster.

I still like Kevin as a rotation player. Movement shooter that stretches the defence and pairs well with Domas. Not a leading defender, but applies himself, gets deflections, and rebounds well. Impact stats aren't bad on that side of the ball.

HB was the right guy to move. He's talented offensively but needs play calls and was reduced to a stationary spot up shooter most games. His negative defensive impact didn't justify his role as a fourth or fifth option.

We have a couple of alphas that like the ball in their hands. Kevin as an off ball movement shooter means he can still be a complimentary piece in a few different lineups.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
My potential targets on a Huerter trade are: Cam Johnson, DFS, or Grant Williams.

Another interesting option is Huerter for Thuybulle. I think Portland would have to add more salary, so it could actually be something like Huerter for Thuybulle and Kris.
If it's Portland we're dealing with, Robert Williams III fills a bigger need than Thybulle would now. Keegan can swing to SF so we need more minutes at PF and C not SG and SF. I also like Paul Reed as a bench big but we wouldn't need to trade for him since the Sixers let him go. Isaiah Stewart would also be a nice target -- he's developed into a solid 3pt shooter in addition to being a tough SOB.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I still like Kevin as a rotation player. Movement shooter that stretches the defence and pairs well with Domas. Not a leading defender, but applies himself, gets deflections, and rebounds well. Impact stats aren't bad on that side of the ball.

HB was the right guy to move. He's talented offensively but needs play calls and was reduced to a stationary spot up shooter most games. His negative defensive impact didn't justify his role as a fourth or fifth option.

We have a couple of alphas that like the ball in their hands. Kevin as an off ball movement shooter means he can still be a complimentary piece in a few different lineups.
Yeah, I agree. I can see trading K'Von for a defensive big to back up Sabonis, eat up some minutes at the PF position, and handle defensive matchups that Keegan, Lyles, and Sabonis can't handle but don't think we should trade him just for the sake of trading him. Keegan can also hit those movement threes but we saw in the 2022-2023 season how deadly this squad is with two elite movement shooters on the floor. Huerter's shot looked broken at times last season but he has a long enough track record as a shooter that he should be able to straighten himself out.

Yeah, I agree. I can see trading K'Von for a defensive big to back up Sabonis, eat up some minutes at the PF position, and handle defensive matchups that Keegan, Lyles, and Sabonis can't handle but don't think we should trade him just for the sake of trading him. Keegan can also hit those movement threes but we saw in the 2022-2023 season how deadly this squad is with two elite movement shooters on the floor. Huerter's shot looked broken at times last season but he has a long enough track record as a shooter that he should be able to straighten himself out.
Also agree. I'm also not saying don't trade him. If you can get the right piece, great. But it's not essential, he's a good player that can help us.