NFL thread (2018-2019)

Pick the winners

• NFC: Los Angeles Rams over New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a life long, die hard 49er fan,........I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. I suppose if he can come back from injury, be productive and help the secondary round into shape I will forget he ever played all those years for that team in the PNW.
Whoa. I didn't see that coming. My poor granddaughter is going to be apoplectic. She's a Seahawks fan and HATES the Niners. She has TWO Richard Sherman jerseys.
Hrm. Apparently some Seahawk fans aren't taking this too well, my granddaughter being among them. I texted her and asked her if she was going to come over to my side. She replied that's she no longer talking to me.
Now you all know how I felt back when T.O. signed with my beloved Cowboys...;)

He was a Stanford guy so aside from the trash talk (which is all business for him) it makes plenty of sense. Also as an eff-you to the Seahawks as he feels done in. I wish the Pats could have gotten him, now you have our post-Brady qb and the guy who could have replaced Butler.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
He was a Stanford guy so aside from the trash talk (which is all business for him) it makes plenty of sense. Also as an eff-you to the Seahawks as he feels done in. I wish the Pats could have gotten him, now you have our post-Brady qb and the guy who could have replaced Butler.
I'm actually thinking about the possibility of watching this year. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
[B]Richard Sherman[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RSherman_25[/B] 8h8 hours ago

Instead of getting upset with me for going to a new team how about you get upset with the people who forced me to go. If one job fires you and another job offers you a great position I highly doubt most ppl would go back to the old job for a lot less money

----------------------------------

Wow. I can't wait to see the Seahawks-Niners game this year. ;)

Shocked at the Vikings play here. 3 QBs and they go with Cousins for a ton of guaranteed loot.

Meanwhile Butler gone as expected, I mean we tossed the superbowl away to flip him the bird. Someday I sure hope to find out what that was all about. Amendola leaving is a bit harder to swallow.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lots of guys on the move. The Packers released Jordy Nelson and signed Jimmy Graham. Looks like the Seahawks are really cleaning house.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Shocked at the Vikings play here. 3 QBs and they go with Cousins for a ton of guaranteed loot.

Meanwhile Butler gone as expected, I mean we tossed the superbowl away to flip him the bird. Someday I sure hope to find out what that was all about. Amendola leaving is a bit harder to swallow.
They dropped Amendola? Hrm. That surprises me.

I don't watch football anymore so I probably shouldn't care, but it bugged me hearing about Sherman to the Niners. Always hated the guy and I was (am?) a Niner fan. Off-season for sports has become the craziest sports entertainment imaginable. No games played but fans still getting crazy worked up and rivalries on full alert. Its pretty nuts.

That's an odd story but at the same time this is a brutal sport that you shouldn't play if you're not up to the task. So if he's really done I won't fault the guy.

Patriots are an unremarkable 7-3 but they did beat the Chiefs.

What is remarkable is 2 of their losses come in games to teams with coaches who have ties to Belichik in their first games coaching against him. This trend of average teams beating the Pats dates all the way back to Eric Mangini and Josh McDaniels.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the NFL has been boring this season for me. Must be the rule changes and allowing no defenses to play any of it, kind of like the NBA.

See how good the Chargers defense is today against Brady and the Patriots. Last meeting, last regular season, they were dumped, and the offense neutralized. mostly. Who knows....