[Game] Game 55: Sacramento Kings @ Los Angeles Clippers

How excited are you?

• Meh.

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • I'm like Vivek Ranadive at a famous person party!

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters
DeAndre Jordan had 11 rebounds by the end of the 1st quarter, 15 at halftime.
Who would have thought that Casspi would out-rebound him by the end of the game with 17... o_O
There's no excuse for Cuz getting that badly beat on the boards. He really needs to put some more effort into the game when he's not looking to score. He's starting to remind me of Amare.

Too much Redick in first half, too much Rivers in second half - as Clips easily drop 126 pts on Kings. Flat out embarrassing especially with no Blake and Paul half asleep throughout. Practice is the operative word, lots of full practices.

Too much Redick in first half, too much Rivers in second half - as Clips easily drop 126 pts on Kings. Flat out embarrassing especially with no Blake and Paul half asleep throughout. Practice is the operative word, lots of full practices.
I don't see how practice is going to make guys understand how to not leave an open shooter.

I think it will Take George Karl several games for us really start seeing a difference...He's coming into an absolute mess, and someone said on an earlier thread, he's a great coach, but he's not a magician :)....I do think though that the Kings can go .500 for the rest of the season. That may seem like a tall order as bad as we were playing, but I think that once Karl has more practices in with the team and gets a better feel for the team, we will start seeing some nice progress...

Surely you jest.
I just wish he'd work as hard on defense as he does pinning his defender looking for an entry pass. He works hard trying for offensive boards, but he does tend to get outworked when he's on defense. He takes charges well, but its clear he can do more. For one of the league's best rebounders to get out-rebounded by 10 in the first quarter to me is inexcusable.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I just wish he'd work as hard on defense as he does pinning his defender looking for an entry pass. He works hard trying for offensive boards, but he does tend to get outworked when he's on defense. He takes charges well, but its clear he can do more.
I'm a little concerned you have not watched him play at all this year.

I'm not entirely sure there are 10 better defensive centers in the league anymore, including Jordan who rather notoriously blocks shots but has the defensive IQ of a kumquat.

Just clearly did not have it today. Not from the beginnning.

Last edited:
There's no excuse for Cuz getting that badly beat on the boards. He really needs to put some more effort into the game when he's not looking to score. He's starting to remind me of Amare.
I'm sick of your type. Your BB IQ is negative, you couldn't know what's going on less if you actively tried.

F**k. The mind boggles. There is some absolute inane minds in this world.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I just wish he'd work as hard on defense as he does pinning his defender looking for an entry pass. He works hard trying for offensive boards, but he does tend to get outworked when he's on defense. He takes charges well, but its clear he can do more. For one of the league's best rebounders to get out-rebounded by 10 in the first quarter to me is inexcusable.
It's like you stopped watching him when the Maloofs sold the team.

None of these critiques really apply now aside from one or two off-games like tonight.

I don't see how practice is going to make guys understand how to not leave an open shooter.
Kings 2-14 from 3pt land and Clips 14-35 (Kings tossed in 2 more treys late garbage time). Bottom line is no matter how fast or slow you play if that's your MO night in night out or anything close to it nothing will save you against upper echelon teams. So right, no amount of practice can make you better unless that's corrected with better BBIQ and shooting technique - things Kings drastically lack. Maybe only answer is major roster overhaul in the off season.

I'm sick of your type. Your BB IQ is negative, you couldn't know what's going on less if you actively tried.

F**k. The mind boggles. There is some absolute inane minds in this world.
I'll spare posting the blatant highlights of DMC taking plays off. Now, if you want to say its due to being dejected after the Malone firing, or his conditioning after coming back from the illness, fine. But the dude busts his ass when he wants to, and clearly takes some plays off when he wants to. If you want to attack me personally for that, then be my guest. It doesn't change the reality that his attitude and effort can use some consistent improvement so the team gets 100% of DMC on both ends every night. He clearly was not at his best at the beginning of this game. There's just no excuse for a guy of that calibre to get out-rebounded by that kind of margin by the guy he's on and get the quick T. It was like the old Demarcus.

As for JT and Landry, I've trashed them enough in the past for their lack of production, so I don't even bother to mention them. Omri has been a good example for the other guys putting in 110% every night no matter what.

It's like you stopped watching him when the Maloofs sold the team.

None of these critiques really apply now aside from one or two off-games like tonight.
He's clearly regressed since the Malone firing and the illness, not necessarily with raw production, but his attitude and effort at times has been shaky. Now, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt about conditioning, but he has gone back to some bad habits since then. I just want to see some more consistency from him. He had been making a ton of progress early in the season, looking like he's finally turned a corner, and then with the Malone business he's having more of these "off games" more frequently. I hope Karl has a positive effect on him to get more consistency.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Kings 2-14 from 3pt land and Clips 14-35 (Kings tossed in 2 more treys late garbage time). Bottom line is no matter how fast or slow you play if that's your MO night in night out or anything close to it nothing will save you against upper echelon teams. So right, no amount of practice can make you better unless that's corrected with better BBIQ and shooting technique - things Kings drastically lack. Maybe only answer is major roster overhaul in the off season.
We made 8 threes against Boston last night. And that's with one of our best three point shooters injured. The Clippers just beat San Antonio and they have a great PG and a lot of guys who can shoot. It wasn't our night. Every time we lose its basketball IQ this and basketball IQ that. Sometimes you just run into a better team. We need more talent plain and simple. Of any kind. Talent wins.

Bricklayer

Yes and no.

Yes, if George Karl is determined to pretend we are Denver, we are ****ed. We can't shoot worth spit, and the only guy who can even pretend to went on vacation back around Christmas.

On the other hand, early in the season our style very much resembled a pretty damn successful team in Memphis that slowed it down, played inside out, and barely relied on the three at all (on the season Memphis has made 5.3 threes a game to our 5.1).

So much of the wreck this season has become is by the people running this franchise not understanding their own personnel. Memphis knows who they are, and went with it. Malone knew who we were, and built around it. The idiots didn't have a clue and my disdain drips. Karl is just going to have to learn, and frankly my opinion about him as a coach will be formed up a bit by how he reacts. A good coach has a system and forces everybody to play it. A great coach modifies his system to make sure everybody he's got is used to maximum efficiency.

Excuse me but versus the Clippers Cousins guarded the pick&roll with Reddick, or Crawford all night long. Our guards were unable to fight through the screens and Cousins was forced to switch onto the guards and contest their shots. You can argue that he did a poor job doing that, but when a Center is forced to step outside to guard a jumper he can't box out and rebound at the same time. Problem was that nobody rotated to DJ to box out. This wasn't totally on Cousins.

And btw. this was a good job by Rivers to get rid of Cousins rebounding.

If that type of ball is the goal REAL shooters are needed. Not shooters in training but guys that have really done it. The Clips roll out Redick with the starters and back him up with Jamal Crawford. Translated to past Kings shooters that is like starting Peja and and bringing KMart off the bench. The Kings don't have any REAL shooters, only shooters with potential.

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
Demarcus looks tired and out of shape. Maybe a combination of the Injury among other things, I feel like he needs a true 4 like Jason Thompson to play next to him to help him rebound and box out. Playing small ball with a stretch 4 will take a toll on his body as he has to do the bulk of the rebounding and pick and roll coverage, although Casspi has been doing a great job rebounding of late.

Bricklayer

Demarcus looks tired and out of shape. Maybe a combination of the Injury among other things, I feel like he needs a true 4 like Jason Thompson to play next to him to help him rebound and box out. Playing small ball with a stretch 4 will take a toll on his body as he has to do the bulk of the rebounding and pick and roll coverage, although Casspi has been doing a great job rebounding of late.
Oddly he did not look tired and out of shape the ngiht before while putting up 31-15 on 12-18 shooting.

Back to back.

The question is if too much pace added to it, ot too much excitement over first Karl game, or what. Whole team looked gassed after the first in this one. Cuz didn't even make it that long.

Last edited:

Bricklayer

That's taking it a little too far. He's still averaging over 12 RPG.
A little far. Ya think?

Yes, the league's 3rd best rebounder really has to man up and quit playing like Amare on the glass. Couldn't be that it was a back to back against 1 of the 2 guys who averages even more boards than he does.

I feel like I'm having a debate with people who just watched their first Kings game and caught DeMarcus on an off night.