NFL SuperBowl LIV - 2/2/2020

Who wins Super Bowl LIV?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, the fact that they were ever up 24 was the shocking thing. Houston had by the worst ranked defense of the remaining playoff teams..in fact, they were 29th in pass defense.. so I wouldn’t crown em just yet. I didn’t see the Chiefs making these ridiculous plays. I just saw a matador defense getting the brakes beaten off them after the cheifs stopped having wide open receivers dropping easy 3rd down conversions and there was a blocked punt and then a dropped return. History is on the side of defensive teams but I won’t jinx the team by looking ahead to a game they haven't played themselves into yet
Was not surprised they went up and was not surprised the Chiefs stormed back.

What did surprise me:
1) Horrific stretch after the FG kick put them up 24 between the return, stupid, stupid decision to go for it inside their own 30, and the coughed kickoff return to give them 3 straight possessions with an extremely short field. Throw in a few cheap calls that went KC's way and it was over.

2) Houston's inability to move the ball after the 1st quarter. Just shocking to me.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Me too, but that overdrawn "thank you" just to tell him he was going in was a bit silly. But congrats to Jimmy. Far better coach than Cowher imho. Not that I have a big problem with him going in but I'm not a fan.
I think this just draws attention to the general lack of recognition for coaches in the one sport where coaching is arguably the most important aspect fo the game. When guys like Don Coryell or Tom Flores or even George Seifert remain unrecognized by the HoF, it's a problem.

I think this just draws attention to the general lack of recognition for coaches in the one sport where coaching is arguably the most important aspect fo the game. When guys like Don Coryell or Tom Flores or even George Seifert remain unrecognized by the HoF, it's a problem.
Don Coryell isn't in? That's nuts to me given his contributions to the offensive development of the game. I can sort of understand the other two but I'd put Seifert in before Cowher. Both of those two had success with multiple organizations though, which is maybe why I am not giving Cowher more credit? He feels like a hall of very good selection to me.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Looks like the Packers defense totally misread that play...they do that much more and Wilson will be unstoppable.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Me too, but that overdrawn "thank you" just to tell him he was going in was a bit silly. But congrats to Jimmy. Far better coach than Cowher imho. Not that I have a big problem with him going in but I'm not a fan.
Hrm. I liked it. I don't think it's silly to share the emotions of someone who has just received possibly the greatest honor of his life. He's a colleague of theirs and well-liked. I'd much rather see that than some hip-hop artist or something. ;)

It took everything Lynch had to punch that in. Probably the most terrifying thing about either team is a back with low mileage in the offseason.

Have I mentioned I don't like both of these teams?

Hrm. I liked it. I don't think it's silly to share the emotions of someone who has just received possibly the greatest honor of his life. He's a colleague of theirs and well-liked. I'd much rather see that than some hip-hop artist or something. ;)
I was talking about the guy that went on and on just to tell him he was going in. My reaction was "oh cool this guy is here to tell Jimmy he's going in" followed by "wait, Jimmy's not already in?" I just didn't know why they did it in that fashion.

it makes for good tv but there's playoff football going on.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nice play by Graham, and I hope he went "nanner, nanner" to the Seahawks. All in all, a nice possession by Green Bay. Keep it up, Packers!

I was talking about the guy that went on and on just to tell him he was going in. My reaction was "oh cool this guy is here to tell Jimmy he's going in" followed by "wait, Jimmy's not already in?" I just didn't know why they did it in that fashion.

it makes for good tv but there's playoff football going on.
It felt very contrived to have the same surprise announcement setup on each day of the playoffs, one AFC coach and one NFC coach who happen to be on the broadcast teams for the primary networks for those conferences.