NFL SuperBowl LIV - 2/2/2020

Who wins Super Bowl LIV?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still don't like Tony Nomo color commentator. Seems all the more worse along side polished professional longtime announcer Jim Nance. Nomo should have started second tier NFL announcing team not first team. Nomo gone next season or demoted. Terrible on air voice but might be OK on golf channel a game knows better than football.
I don't think he is the god that people who have never heard good announcing do but I really can't agree with this take. His voice is a bit gravelly sure, but his analysis is best in class.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I still don't like Tony Nomo color commentator. Seems all the more worse along side polished professional longtime announcer Jim Nance. Nomo should have started second tier NFL announcing team not first team. Nomo gone next season or demoted. Terrible on air voice but might be OK on golf channel a game knows better than football.
Glad I’m not the only one. Dude’s super knowledgeable, but I really don’t like his jovial overly eager enthusiastic approach to announcing.

Just have Mahomes score more than he does.
Obvi. Feels like best way to beat the Chiefs is to keep the ball out of his hands which is what having a great ground game can do. Old school football. I don't want to see it every weekend but at least for a few weeks, welcome back.

LOL! (Well it would be funny if it isn't too close to being true.)
Not sure if you followed the post I shared earlier, but essentially the fact that their owner is an idiot and they have an advisor with GM power that isn't the GM (which is currently vacant) would have a lot to do with McDaniels and possibly others asking for assurances that hurt their chances.

(so basically, yes)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Hrm. Looks like Rodgers is awake for the start for a change.

I hate Clowney. I believe he is a "dirty player" who sets out to intentionally hurt opponents. I would love it beyond all reason if we didn't have to see his face again.

I hate Clowney. I believe he is a "dirty player" who sets out to intentionally hurt opponents.
Honestly never thought (or heard) that about him. But I can't say I like him either.

I feel like either way with GB/Seattle if you are a 9ers fan rooting for a matchup it is a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Honestly never thought (or heard) that about him. But I can't say I like him either.

I feel like either way with GB/Seattle if you are a 9ers fan rooting for a matchup it is a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.
I’m already strangely content with whatever happens, both this week and next, because I believe KC just morphed into an unstoppable monster. A lot of times it’s about the right QB getting hot at the right time... and Mahomes just got hot.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

My grand-daughter is a Seahawk fan. My best friend is a Packers fan. Things are kinda tense right now. :p

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I’m already strangely content with whatever happens, both this week and next, because I believe KC just morphed into an unstoppable monster. A lot of times it’s about the right QB getting hot at the right time... and Mahomes just got hot.
You're content because you've written off the 49ers if they make it to the big game? Strange, but I hear you... not that I agree, of course. ;)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Marshawn Lynch looks like an offensive lineman now and not in a physically dominant way but in a chubby guy accidentally found his way onto the field way

I fan the same way and yet … it seems utterly crazy when I'm looking at it through someone else's lens.

Everybody's dangerous. I'll still take the team that doesn't have Russell Wilson and who we destroyed not long ago without our full defense.

Everybody's dangerous. I'll still take the team that doesn't have Russell Wilson and who we destroyed not long ago without our full defense.
I'm not a Rodgers jocker by any stretch but I feel like I'd rather face Wilson? I dunno. I haven't been a neutral observer during the divisional round in a while. It's fun but weird.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not a Rodgers jocker by any stretch but I feel like I'd rather face Wilson? I dunno. I haven't been a neutral observer during the divisional round in a while. It's fun but weird.
The Niners defense at full strength will eat the Packers alive. To be honest, though, I think the Niners defense could also make Wilson's day miserable - especially in Levi Stadium. Basically, for me it comes down to not wanting to have to deal with the Seahawks any more than absolutely necessary. I hate their fans (although I can never hate my grand-daughters) and would just as soon not have to deal with them.

The Niners defense at full strength will eat the Packers alive. To be honest, though, I think the Niners defense could also make Wilson's day miserable - especially in Levi Stadium. Basically, for me it comes down to not wanting to have to deal with the Seahawks any more than absolutely necessary. I hate their fans (although I can never hate my grand-daughters) and would just as soon not have to deal with them.
I feel like you never want to play a team 3 times, but they split the first 2 so you have to figure the better team (in this case 9ers) takes the rubber match.

Also I feel (this is just my gut talking) that Rodgers gets start treatment that Wilson doesn't.

I find both fanbases insufferable so that's a total tossup.

Houston has done the worst possible thing... they have allowed Mahomes to get hot. KC is hands down the Super Bowl favorite now, IMO.
Well, the fact that they were ever up 24 was the shocking thing. Houston had by the worst ranked defense of the remaining playoff teams..in fact, they were 29th in pass defense.. so I wouldn’t crown em just yet. I didn’t see the Chiefs making these ridiculous plays. I just saw a matador defense getting the brakes beaten off them after the cheifs stopped having wide open receivers dropping easy 3rd down conversions and there was a blocked punt and then a dropped return. History is on the side of defensive teams but I won’t jinx the team by looking ahead to a game they haven't played themselves into yet